Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Posse Showdown - Urban Isometric Tactical RPG - Out on Steam Early Access

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
6JrOrN0.png

IruoDCU.png

As it is with every city, crime is unavoidable in Oaksville, but the situation has gotten worse over the recent years. It was bad enough that most of the wealthy residents have left, fleeing for greener and safer pastures. Without the income or taxes from those people, the city cannot afford to maintain the size of the existing police force. Therefore, with great pain, they downsize the force to less than a quarter of their previous number.

Without most of the cops, the crimes have increased and the situation on the streets has gotten more chaotic as various groups struggle for dominance. At present, whatever your past and reason is, you have decided to fight back with a group of people dissatisfied with the current situation. How will you fight? Whom will you let into your posse? And what future will you decide to pursue?

That’s up to you, leader. Welcome to Street Posse Showdown.

IcSEWpi.png

The decaying city centre of Oaksville.

bSN6Sv3.png

Highly Tactical Battles.
Mission-Based Gameplay.
Full Party Creation At Start.
Character Job System.
No Permadeath. However, Injuries Are In.
Replaceable and Relearnable Techniques.
Faction Knowledge Is Crucial To Success.
Single Player Story-Driven Campaign.
Combat & Dialogue Log Included.
Changeable Clothing.

at0nlu1.png

Assault Rifles and the likes are in this game. Train in their use to wreck havoc upon your victims.

YIi5VX3.png

For people with short term memory or strategists.
Demo of the Early Access version of the game is incoming soon. Please wait.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Oh, this finally became a thing. I don't remember if it was you or another member updating the status but I'm glad to see this come into fruition.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
I will give the demo a whirl. Any chance of an option to disable idle animations? One of my pet peeves with tactical srpgs/jrpgs as I find it really distracting.

Oh, this finally became a thing. I don't remember if it was you or another member updating the status but I'm glad to see this come into fruition.

thanks.

:hmmm:

I just don't have a opinion about this right now.

...Will try the temo, at least.

Yeah, no problem. Check out the demo and give me your feedback based on it.

What are you using to make the game?

Construct 2.

I will give the demo a whirl. Any chance of an option to disable idle animations? One of my pet peeves with tactical srpgs/jrpgs as I find it really distracting.

Sorry but no.

Nice premise, please tell me the graphics are all placeholder

vjf1mdy.gif

I do have a question.

Is the CnC in this game?

Yes. I use something similar to Ogre Battle which use Chaos Frame to track down which story path you end up in. All major decisions have both immediate and cumulative results.

laclongquan

Arcane
At the risk of coming out as a graphicwhore, I have to say that this type of pixel art is not to my taste and prevent me enjoy the game. Be it a game of highest quality. I am sorry~

Is it just me or the small header text is too small? Even allowing for the size of the gif? It's not easy to read.

Last edited:
At the risk of coming out as a graphicwhore, I have to say that this type of pixel art is not to my taste and prevent me enjoy the game. Be it a game of highest quality. I am sorry~

Is it just me or the small header text is too small? Even allowing for the size of the gif? It's not easy to read.

Eh, no issues.
Both in the game and demo, you can adjust the size of the screen based on your preferences.

fqp8NUb.gif

Duckard

Augur
I tried it out, and the game is borderline unplayable without a gamepad. There is apparently no mouse support, and all the keybinding is done by assigning keys 1:1 to controller inputs. I couldn't even hold down the arrow key to continuously scroll through menus or assign points in character creation. Instead, I had to tap each time. There were 100 points to distribute.

The combat might be good, but I never got to it because of the basic usability issues.

I tried it out, and the game is borderline unplayable without a gamepad. There is apparently no mouse support, and all the keybinding is done by assigning keys 1:1 to controller inputs. I couldn't even hold down the arrow key to continuously scroll through menus or assign points in character creation. Instead, I had to tap each time. There were 100 points to distribute.

The combat might be good, but I never got to it because of the basic usability issues.

Did you forget to use the the X and Y buttons or their keybinds to maximize and minimize points in the Personal Strengths section of the character creation?
There is no need to just use the left and right arrow to increase and decrease the points.
I believed it is stated very obviously on the screen itself.

jqxBuTv.png

no mouse support blows
in the character screen the menu words overlap your char info
self censorship is super dumb when you're using swearing this much
x is cancel most of the time but in some menus it's y?
the text scrolling noise is annoying
lots of typos and odd sentences, but that's p normal at this stage
combat feels p smooth
some indication of friend or foe would be nice instead of having to roll over each individual dude, when they all look basically the same it's hard to keep track

might play more, i like the premise

Astral Rag

Arcane
I'm with laclongquan on this one, I just cannot into cutesy/ animu visuals. If you make your game look more like Hooligans: Storm Over Europe or Gangsters I will definitely try it.

Last edited:
no mouse support blows
in the character screen the menu words overlap your char info
self censorship is super dumb when you're using swearing this much
x is cancel most of the time but in some menus it's y?
the text scrolling noise is annoying
lots of typos and odd sentences, but that's p normal at this stage
combat feels p smooth
some indication of friend or foe would be nice instead of having to roll over each individual dude, when they all look basically the same it's hard to keep track

might play more, i like the premise

Good feedback. Thanks.

Make it look more like Hooligans: Storm Over Europe and I will try it.

Not an option with how much that cost. Unfortunately, I don't own a sweatshop of artists as Malaysia make owning slaves illegal a few centuries ago.

Siveon

Bot
Well, I just tried a bit of the demo and I can certainly say it's pretty fun. There's a few oddities here and there that kind of bug me (it's too late at night for me to form a proper critique so I'll wait until tomorrow), but overall not bad. Lots of debuffs and status effects, already I can form a few strategies in my mind (I like how the tank can actually do stuff like debuff and hinder movement. I see a lot of FFT Knight in there).

The controls for my 360 controller was a bit off though. I don't ever want to use that terrible Dpad and this game reminded me of it every waking second. :roll:
I can't imagine a KB&M feeling less awkward since the menu is very reminiscent of a console game.

Also, +1 to everything spigot said. You don't need to censor words, the ESRB isn't gonna track you down and tell you to think of the children.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Well done, man. I'll try the demo when I have a moment.

Give FG87 Developer tag!

Drowed

Arcane
So far:
  • Why no mouse support? This sucks a lot.
  • As the bear-guy-thing said, self censorship is dumb.
  • Any option for instant text scrolling?
  • Combat looks nice, but "basic". Random recruits are nice, but they're a bit too simple. Reminds me of Pokémon (4 techs), but even Pokemon had more depth to it (Natures, carrying items that boos stats, Effort Value [EV], etc).
  • Some kind of toggleable outline for the characters? (Red = Enemy / Blue = You)
  • Too pixelated, I guess? I don't know why most Indies choose a visual style close to the "8bits console games" when the 16bits era are much more interesting.

So far, it's interesting, but I don't know if I would play more of it.

So far:
  • Any option for instant text scrolling?

Instant text scrolling? For which part of the game, may I ask? If you mean you want to go from the top to the bottom of a long list, just press UP. This functionality is true in every list in the demo.

So far:
  • Combat looks nice, but "basic". Random recruits are nice, but they're a bit too simple. Reminds me of Pokémon (4 techs), but even Pokemon had more depth to it (Natures, carrying items that boos stats, Effort Value [EV], etc).

Wait a second. Did you even go though the character creation :lol:?
Did you check the stats screen for each characters in your posse?
The demo and game already have upgraded versions of all of those you just said and a few more.

These screenshot is from the class section of the character creation in the demo. Check the maximum techniques section. Each class have different maximum number for items and techniques, though they usually only differ in maximum number of techniques with exception of classes such as technicians and dealers, which carry more items than norm.

XChnyfz.png

uFHqM4m.png

Should be renamed to "Street Lethal Showdown".

Does he have a company name?

Lol, for now tentatively, LS Ensemble.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom