Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Storm of Zehir Dev Chat Tonight! (Th Oct 23)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Yeah, just 18 days to Storm of Zehir. Can't wait.

Data4

Arcane
Annie Carlson said:
Huh, someone asked about me. Flattering!

And yeah, I did move to Washington. Seattle is my new stomping grounds, and the land of flannel and coffee shall soon tremble at my tread. FEAR NOT, you shall again know my gaming craft UNLEAAAASHED or something.

Also, buy SoZ, you lovable fuckers. It's really good. And not just cause I wroted a lots of it.

Welcome to the PNW, Annie. Don't mind the rain. Also, fuck Starbuck's. Tully's is where it's at. We should get together for lattes and scones one day.

Aw, who the fuck am I kidding? :lol:

Texas Red

Whiner
Annie, what's the reason to leave Obsidian though? Sounds like a dream job plus you get to work with Codex Patron god Avellone.

BTW, the Child voice was pretty good. It gave One of Many that special strangeness.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Dude, Tully's has some badass coffee. Buy me a cup and a scone and seriously, we'll chill. :D

Leavin' Obsidian was on good terms - enjoyed my time there, workin' on SoZ was great (it's fucking awesome BUYYYY EEET), I just sort of wanted a change of pace. I love writing, but I wanna improve my other design skillz as well, like working on levels and shit. I got to help revamp the loot system for SoZ, which was rad, so maybe system design too. Anyhow.

ALSO, and homies back me up on this one, but SoCal is fuck-off expensive to live in, and having to fork over most of my paycheck for a one-bedroom in hobo central of Costa Mesa was kinda killing my aim of saving enough to build that robot body and orbital death ray I've been dreaming about my whole life. But yeah. ;) The industry hasn't seen the last of THIS Murderblonde, I tell you what.

P.S: also thx for Child praise for One of Many - hoped you liked the Madwoman too, because the day I did that voice I WRECKED my vocal cords, and there were no water bottles left in the building so the rest of the day I talked in a pathetic rasp. But I did it for you, the players! FORRRRR YOUUUUU!

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Hey, I'm not bein' PR here. SoZ was fun, I worked my ass off writing on it, I got to do voices for it so I'm stoked for that too (actually, the one downside there is that since we went non-union with our VO work, the names of the actors aren't listed [I don't think...] so I'm going to try and post them SOMEWHERE so they get their due, because not only were they awesome to work with, they did a fantastic job). Every morning at the meeting Anthony, Rich, and Justin would tell us about the neato shit they were working on, and I'd always stop by the artist's room to gawk at the radness they'd created. I don't praise stuff lightly.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
He was kidding, you know. It's obvious 99% of the Codex will buy a SoZ copy on release day. (Warden will buy 2 copies to show his support.)

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Heh. I should have expected as much! Lessee... I don't want to give away too much in terms of names, but I think I can remember some of the VO cast. Not all, mind, because my brain is sort of warped right now from eating an entire bag of candy for dinner last night, but here's what I got, at least as far as major characters go:

VOICE ACTOR SPOILERS ZOMGS

Fryda Wolff (sound designer at Obsidian) - Sa'Sani
Alex Brandon (sound director at Obsidian) - Volo
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - Lastri / Prioress / Ginni Lannon / etc.
Liam O'Brien - Quarrel / etc
G.K. Bowes - Inshula / etc.
Barbara Goodson - Soraevora / Lady / Fariba / Goodwife Aruna / etc.
Annie VanderMeer Carlson (meeee) - Chir Darkflame / Lila / Vadin'ya / Kwesi

...CRAP. Damn my human brain, that's all I can remember at the moment... There are a lot more awesome actors, and I'm sure I have them written down SOMEWHERE - I'll message Alex Brandon and see what I can get. But there you go. Mary, Liam, G.K., and Barbara's performances are FUCKING AWESOME, as are our other guys. When you hear Finch's voice, oh man. RADNESS.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Thanks for that list Annie. I was curious if any other OEI people were doing VO's as well.

Did you write the characters that you did VO for?

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
I wrote a great deal of the characters, and reviewed/edited everything else. Chir's the big name there, but I wrote Kwesi and Vadin'ya as well. Ton of fun.

And yes, I was SUPER-STOKED to work with Mary Elizabeth McGlynn! She does an amazing job as Lastri, and I did my best not to fangirl at her. ;) Barbara Goodson also deserves a ton of kudos - she didn't have an easy character to do, and Soraevora came out magnificently... plus she's been doing VO for decades, meaning you've probably already heard and enjoyed one of her performances already.

I'm kicking myself that I can't recall the other actors, because they were also fantastic - I was actually trying to get our own Mr. Anthony Davis to do the voice of Ribsmasher, but after he heard the guy we were considering (and eventually picked) he was like "no way, can't compete with that!" So sadly, myself, Alex, and Fryda are the only Obsidian folks who did VO for it, but it remains rad.

Warden

Arbiter
Elwro said:
He was kidding, you know. It's obvious 99% of the Codex will buy a SoZ copy on release day. (Warden will buy 2 copies to show his support.)

No, I'll buy only 1 now because that guy Anthony Davis didn't answer my pm in which I told him he was wrong about monsters having max HP in NWN2. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom