Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Storm of Zehir 10 minute walkthrough video

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't seen this though, thanks. New class Hellfire Warlock sounds cool.

xuerebx

Erudite
I don't like the creating 4 characters bit. I hate controlling a party.

Still playing MotB, but the camera is killing the game for me. It's so annoying.

dragonfk

Erudite
+ No respawning party members after the fight
+ Overland map
+ Supposedly increased difficulty of the game (AI, resting)

- God dammit camera, camera and camera

A kingdom for a NWN2 OC, MotB and SoZ storlines gameplay transfered into isometric engine, preferably 2D.

All in all SoZ seems to be a step forward for the franchise. There is a chance that the most flawed aspect of the gameplay, which I consider combat, will be fixed.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Yeah way old. Still cool, but this old. The UI has different gfx for the party gen and part conversation screens now.

Pastel

Scholar
Hey Mr. Anthony Davis how about showing all the PMs conversation options at the same time, if that doesn't apply already? It's annoying to search through multiple tabs only to see mainly the same options.

Kogorn

Novice
I personally think SoZ looks awesome. I've always hoped that someone would finally have the courage to return D&D CRPGs to its roots, which in my opinion, is where it works best at. NWN2 and MotB were fun, but I'm looking much more forward to this than I did to either of those :P

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Pastel said:
Hey Mr. Anthony Davis how about showing all the PMs conversation options at the same time, if that doesn't apply already? It's annoying to search through multiple tabs only to see mainly the same options.

When you pull up a party dialog, the characters that have something DIFFERENT to say from your currently controlled character will have a little 'chat bubble' icon on their portrait.

The reason we didn't have all the responses in one giant dog-ball list is because in some cases there could be dozens, if not hundreds, of responses. That is way too many lists for a single response.

The system we have with the chat bubble icon seems to be very intuitive in our play testing.

J1M

Arcane
Uhh Uhh Uhh Umm Uhh Uhh Uhh

Umm

Get a new demo person.

Pastel

Scholar
Anthony Davis said:
When you pull up a party dialog, the characters that have something DIFFERENT to say from your currently controlled character will have a little 'chat bubble' icon on their portrait.

The reason we didn't have all the responses in one giant dog-ball list is because in some cases there could be dozens, if not hundreds, of responses. That is way too many lists for a single response.

The system we have with the chat bubble icon seems to be very intuitive in our play testing.
Hundreds? Isn't that a bit exaggerated? But otherwise, I agree.
Does it make any difference what character you say something with, though? Or are all checks done before the available lines are determined?

Warden

Arbiter
Pastel said:
Does it make any difference what character you say something with, though? Or are all checks done before the available lines are determined?

Of course, silly. :) If someone has a rank 5 in intimidation and someone else 15, that makes a lot of difference (if [intimidation] comes as an option).

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
J1M said:
Uhh Uhh Uhh Umm Uhh Uhh Uhh

Umm

Get a new demo person.

Poor Matt Rorie. That was like his fiftieth demo of the day AND the poor man had helluva jetlag. Leipzig is one long endurance test for anyone showing a game - shit, almost EVERY expo is like that, even my beloved (and much less harsh than the E3 of old) PAX. You talk for 8 hours a day nearly nonstop, saying the same shit over and over, and when someone puts a camera on you your brain goes OH FUCK MUST SAY MAIN POINTS DO NOT FUCK UP THIS IS ON CAMERA OH GOD.

I'm glad no footage remains of when I had to demo the Taxi Driver game back when I was at Papaya at E3 2005, because I not only was tired as hell, I had to bellow over the shrill, harpy-like announcer they had at the Majesco booth. Because take it from me, showing a game can be fun, but it can also be the gauntlet of pure doom.

But Rorie is a charming and eloquent guy, just tired as hell here. And the game is rad. The end.

Micmu

Magister
Oh please, that's pretty much how everyone would talk in front of the big crowd/cameras who hasn't done that kind of thing a lot before. And those who do that a lot are nothing but PR monkeys. :)
I didn't even notice it. It's actually much more authentic to me this way as long it's not ridden with too much obvious PR bullshit and "y'know"s.

cutterjohn

Cipher
xuerebx said:
I don't like the creating 4 characters bit. I hate controlling a party.

Still playing MotB, but the camera is killing the game for me. It's so annoying.
Yeah, Obsidian still, after all of that trying, phailed with the in game camera. They need to go borrow the guy from CD Projekt that did the camera for The Witcher, as even the over the shoulder view was completely useable (my favorite), and all modes SIGNIFICANTLY better than what has appeared in in NWN2 or what you can force it to do by in game controls. (Never checked to see if the .ini had any extra config options though...)

That said the camera is WAY WAY WAY better than it was as originally released (NWN2).

Warden

Arbiter
Regarding public speeches.. have you noticed how biowhore has a standard procedure of putting fairly handsome project directors at the end of the development cycle to do all the talking? ME project director, DA project director.. handsome men in ugly biowhore. Poor Scott Greig got fired because he's not very handsome and Tudgy got the job 1 year before release to repeat by heart 100 times per day "dark, gritty, heroic, fantasy" while looking in the objective with his best face expression. :shock:

Pastel

Scholar
Warden said:
Pastel said:

Of course, silly. :) If someone has a rank 5 in intimidation and someone else 15, that makes a lot of difference (if [intimidation] comes as an option).
That's my point, pumpkin - if the option only shows up on a success, what will the difference be?

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Annie Carlson said:
I'm glad no footage remains of when I had to demo the Taxi Driver game back when I was at Papaya at E3 2005, ...

There was actually a game made from this film?

MUVIX-taxi%20driver.jpg

Wow.

Warden

Arbiter
Pastel said:
That's my point, pumpkin - if the option only shows up on a success, what will the difference be?

No, cutiepie.. the options are shown beforehand. Then, when you choose it, the roll is being made.

Handsome man that.. without the blood it would be better though.

Durwyn

Prophet
Looks great... If writing, atmosphere and story will be on par with MoTB it's an instant buy for me.

Texas Red

Whiner
Durwyn said:
Looks great... If writing, atmosphere and story will be on par with MoTB it's an instant buy for me.

It won't. They already said they wanted to go for a lighter, merrier expansion. I'm a cynic so I don't understand this move but undoubtedly Biowarian women will approve.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Dark Individual said:
Durwyn said:

It won't. They already said they wanted to go for a lighter, merrier expansion. I'm a cynic so I don't understand this move but undoubtedly Biowarian women will approve.
Weren't the chances of romance small?

Also, it doesn't have Bishop, so let's just see how long it takes Merilinda to make a mod that adds him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom