Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Steve Jackson's Sorcery!, by inkle studios (Steam, iOS, Android)

eXalted

Arcane
2.37 british pounds per game.

I am currently in UK. How much is it in EUR?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
played the first and second part. first part is really short, but the second is really, really massive.

fun game so far. so many choices and consequences, fun scenarios, fun spells, alot of secrets and replayability.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I agree. I've only finished the first part so far, but it already feels very refreshing to play a game with meaningful c&c and proper branching paths again. More modern RPGs should strive to emulate the old gamebooks imho.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I agree. I've only finished the first part so far, but it already feels very refreshing to play a game with meaningful c&c and proper branching paths again. More modern RPGs should strive to emulate the old gamebooks imho.
maybe No Truce With The Furies can achieve something like that. a more in-depth RPG with more complex system, but C&C and simulation the level of sorcery!
Kasparov

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Just bought the fourth chapter.
Never been so happy to pay for something, they totally deserve these 5 euros (maybe I would payed even 10 euros for a game like this).
Impressions incoming in the next days! :)
Dunno anything about the original books, but when this popped up in Steam it looked really interesting. So, have purchased; will get around to actually playing it one of these millenia.
Try it immediately! :)
And don't be fooled by a first part - maybe - a bit undertone (but only a bit ;)): the following chapters are simply exceptional (of course: imho) :) The first chapter is also quite short (not counting replayability, which is pretty good), the second and the third part are muuuch longer.

Any review of 4th game?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Haven´t had a chance to give it a spin yet. Also, sorry, but you´ll have to wait for NO TRUCE! to get released to compare it to Sorcery! :D

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
finished part 2. didn't find a way to quell vik's rebellion, but saved the city from goblins.

map of part 3 is so fucking massive :0

da_rays

Augur
Its been a while since my last Sorcery 2 playthrought , but regarding Vik ....
I think you need to encounter him on the boat once they kidnap you and im guessing that hearing a specific conversation might help also. ( If you sleep outside of the 1st inn you encounter, you might get in a shaddy conversation )

Would love to hear experience or theories from others who ve played the 2nd part concerning Vik. PS: I just readed a bit from the various wiki of Sorcery 2 out there. Holy , Ive missed so much stuff! Im restarting this from chapter 1. Fucking crazy what you can do in this game :D

---

Arcane
--- Have you played the fourth part yet?
Sorry men.
Real life didn't let me try the game properly (even if I played it a bit) :negative:

finished part 2. didn't find a way to quell vik's rebellion, but saved the city from goblins.

map of part 3 is so fucking massive :0
You can't interfere with Vik's rebellion, he will always be succesfull. After all, he is much better than the actual government: Kharé needs a proper leader.
Regarding da_rays post, there are multiple ways to encounter him: for example, you can be imprisoned by some men in the carpet shop, in the market. If you want to encounter him, you will always lose half of your money (thanks to Vik's minions). I don't know if in the fourth chapter there are consequences for meeting him in Kharé (definitively there aren't in the third chapter).

The map in chapter 3 is actually even bigger, since... Well, spoilers ;)

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I think you need to encounter him on the boat once they kidnap you and im guessing that hearing a specific conversation might help also. ( If you sleep outside of the 1st inn you encounter, you might get in a shaddy conversation )

Would love to hear experience or theories from others who ve played the 2nd part concerning Vik. PS: I just readed a bit from the various wiki of Sorcery 2 out there. Holy , Ive missed so much stuff! Im restarting this from chapter 1. Fucking crazy what you can do in this game :D

Where is good wiki for Sorcery?

---

Arcane
Check for "sorcery muddymelly" on Google. It's not a proper wiki, but that site has sooo much informations ;)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Is there time limit on sorcery 3?

Am i gonna be punished by lollygagging around? Because there are so much to explore, and it seems they are warning me to get moving as much as i can

da_rays

Augur

Where is good wiki for Sorcery?

Check for "sorcery muddymelly" on Google. It's not a proper wiki, but that site has sooo much informations ;)

thats pretty much was i was going to refer you to. Since most Sorcery! wikis are missing information , thats your best bet. Or google a wiki then another then a walkthrought page and so on.

---

Arcane
Is there time limit on sorcery 3?

Am i gonna be punished by lollygagging around? Because there are so much to explore, and it seems they are warning me to get moving as much as i can
No. The serpents don't go to Mampang, they always stay in the same place, so you can search for them leisurely. As I said, I've still not played the fourth chapter properly, so I don't know if there are some consequences if you take too much time, but at the end of the third chapter, a message will pop up, saying "Well, even if you killed all the serpents, since you took so much time, probably the Archmage became aware of your presence through other secret messengers". While if you hurry up, the text says that you are still unnoticed.
You are free to kill or not the serpents: if you don't slay them, at the end of the chapter the message will say that they reached Mampang and the Archmage is now waiting for you.

Exhuminator

Arcane
I love these games. I've finished Sorcery! 1-3, just bought 4 a few days ago. I enjoyed Sorcery! 1 & 3 more than 2, simply because in 1 & 3 you are exploring wildernesses, which I find more interesting than 2's urban environments. The complexity that Inkle accomplished in Sorcery! 3 was mindblowing (the time travel aspects), I can't even imagine how Inkle is going to wrap things up in 4, given there's so many variants possible for the player by the time they reach that point (assuming carried save). I'm looking forward to finding out! These Sorcery! games are by far the best mobile stuff I've ever played, I can't recommend them enough.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom