Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Stellaris multiplayer sign-up!!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Right. I figure it would get buried if I posted it in the main thread. Let's have a codex multiplayer game!

What?
Stellaris multiplayer!

Why?
For the glory of Satan, and amusement of codexia

Who?
Interested codexers! Aiming for at least 4 or 5 besides me. Galaxy size and #of ais will scale to our level to keep things lively.

When?
Sundays from 14:00 to 19:00 Central European Time. Starting this Sunday if we can get at least 4 sign-ups, next Sunday otherwise. Initial commitment will be 3
Sundays. We'll decide if/when to continue after that .

Where?
We'll play on steam. Sign-ups in this thread.

Whatever!
I've no strong feelings for and against house rules. Someone with more pdox multi experience might want to come in here. If people want to larp updates between games, I don't mind. As a minimum, I'd like participants to post their race creation screen before the first session.

Practical stuffies:

Galaxy generation will be elliptical (because otherwise, hyperspace people get fucked over easy), size scaled to # of players (looking like small or medium right now), with a number of AIs equal to number of players. No advanced start AIs, since it sucks to start next to a warlike, xenophobic, advanced AI when other players don't.

We'll be playing on "Fast" speed at first. If a player gets involved in a war with another empire, he can request we reduce the speed to normal so he can shuffle fleets around.

2 hours in or so we'll have a beer break for 20 mins or thereabouts so noone wets themselves. There's ingame chat (although it's sort of clunky). People want to wheel & deal in private they'll have to use Steam messages.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
But the time the price drops, there will be 10 DLC out and it will be hell to coordinate. If buccaneer versions can play with regular ones, I've no way of knowing which yours is. Lemme know if you want to test it.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As I said before I'm in. There were 2 more guys that expressed interest in the game thread but I'm at work now so I can't really Search for their posts, I hope they see this

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I am officially signing up for this (obviously).

I'm still messing around with traits and government to find a mix I like. But I will be the Kool Kat Kollektive

DuxxaK4.png

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The Kool Kat Kollektive approves of the Jeemuseh fashion sense and proclivity for painting red dots on ships :bro:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
The Union of the Jeemuseh had not taken notice of your acquired taste in clothing but after doing so, certainly approves. You shall be welcomed in our glorious celebrations :bro:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Maybe. I'm not goign to show every single thing the Kool Kat Kollective is doing to potential rivals... But others might :P

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'll join. It's going to be a bitch getting up at 6 AM here, but whatever.

Someone give me ideas for a joke faction. My material is weak today:

vfexfih.jpg

Fxf79AC.jpg

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, what do you know.. GMG has a 25% discount on Stellaris right now, so I went and bought it. Now to see if it's any good, or I just wasted £26.25..

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I have a social obligation this sunday, starting at 15:00 CET.

And having three children means the wife would likely get a bit cross, if I were unavailable for 5 hours straight on a sunday, straight through dinner as well.

As tempting as multiplayer may seem, I sort of gave up on all that stuff when I had children. +M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
How long until they are old enough to play your vassals? Suddenly it's father-son bonding.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Are you going to make LP/report out of this?
The thing is that the game is a lot about where everyone is, who he is neighbouring with and so on.
The Jeemuseh Union is not certain if it should disclose such valuable intelligence to the public

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
it's possible some [redacted] reports might make it out. But it's real-time, not PBEM, so it depends on how much time I have in-between microing fleets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom