Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Stealth Games

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
FarCry2 for sure, you can go always stealth if you have the right guns and gear.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I liked Far Cry 1-3, but I don't know what any of them excel at true stealth. Far Cry 3 definitely has a lot of rewarding sneak and kill stuff, especially when taking over bases, but you get noticed pretty easily and a lot of the story missions force combat. It's more of an action game with stealth aspects, like say Splinter Cell Conviction.

Gentle Player

Arcane
Alien vs. Predator 1/2 as both Predator and Alien?

A rather good suggestion actually. Nothing quite like hanging upside down on a ceiling, waiting for a soldier to pass on patrol and jumping down, stunning him with your tail and biting his head off, then quickly scarpering up the walls and into an air vent before reinforcements arrive. Obviously not pure stealth, as you're ripping guts out, but on the hardest mode you'll want to avoid as much combat as possible, killing isolated and vulnerable humans only so you can feed and thus restore health. There are (a very few) mandatory boss fights though.

DraQ

Arcane
Other than Thief games:

DX 1 - standard stealth woes
DX 3 - as above plus cover system, AI oblivious to vents and incapable of searching beyond last seen position
Dishonored - standard stealth woes, plus oblivious AI that's impotent against your powers and freedom of movement
Skyrim - AI purposefuly fucked, but surprisingly good when unfucked via mod, a bit too coarse grained environment for full stealth
STALKER - good stealth system, but limited applicability and no incentive to not go in guns blazing in most cases
Penumbra - good stealth, exploits its own limitations to make its convincing
Amnesia - shit stealth, everything is scripted.

Divinity: Original Sin
I hope they add shadows on dishonored 2, and take away/debuff the magic powers of the player character. Exchange blink for rope arrows... bolts... whatever.

Far Cry 2 is shit, you have no sense of completion and the game would respawn everyone, and your reason to take those bases are only if you follow the main quest line, which actually is the only quest line you have. Shooting mechanics function though. Far cry 3 may be a shoter, but in fact is an open world with mission points, similar to GTA and assassin's creed games, and everything self contained, you could go on playing just taking bases, and the game would acknowledge your level of stealthness.

Does anybody know anything about IGI and IGI 2? I know they're stealth focused.

mck

Cipher
Does anybody know anything about IGI and IGI 2? I know they're stealth focused.

IGI is pretty good. The stealth is pretty weird and the AI can snipe you from a mile away with an ak-47, but it's still a really cool game despite its unforgiving difficulty.

Telengard

Arcane
Stealth Bastard: Deluxe
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine
History Civil War: Secret Missions

And in the action game with stealth elements, NOLF, which handily beats out Saboteur.

And if you get really bored after trying everything you've got listed, you can emulate Tenchu: Stealth Assassins.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Why not original Hitman? It's good. Also more challenging, but mainly because of no save thing. And Hitman 2 isn't shit. What is wrong with you people?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Hitman 1 is plenty of rough too. Having to search through mazes of huge empty rooms and whatnot.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
elite: dangerous has good stealth
:troll: (only half-trolling, brah)

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Steam

I've seen somebody mentionig sniper elite III having good thief vibes...

Wait, I get to shoot that liberal Adolf Hitler!?

:updatedmytxt:
Crying_eagle.png

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:
:kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah::kwafuckyeah:
:kwanzania::kwanzania::kwanzania::kwanzania::kwanzania::kwanzania::kwanzania::kwanzania::kwanzania::kwanzania::kwanzania:

edit: $8 DCL? Ugh. Also, getting lots of negative vibes.

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane
"Relatively realistic" compared to what? A blind, deaf and mute person?
Subjectively, better than most games mentioned there. Maybe because there is a radar and you can see that enemies really spread out and look for you instead of beeline to your place or running around like idiots.

racofer

Thread Incliner
What I would like is more games that allow you to mess with the enemies. Set traps, get them scared and make them do stupid stuff like kill each other, and environmental kills. Mark of the Ninja checks all these requirements, and Gunpoint most of them.

baturinsky

Arcane
What I would like is more games that allow you to mess with the enemies. Set traps, get them scared and make them do stupid stuff like kill each other, and environmental kills. Mark of the Ninja checks all these requirements, and Gunpoint most of them.
Watch Dogs has a lot of traps, environmental kills and "make them do stupid things".
As for "kill each other", Prototype has social stealth element and option to sic enemies on one of theirs.
Surprisingly, Kings Bounty:Dark Side fits. There are several types of traps and ways to confuse enemies and make them fight each other.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom