Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Statement regarding the recent doxxing of an RPG Codex user by the Administration

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Makes me really curious about how you guys would react in a Japan maid cafe, or any Taiwanese store in general.
Every breakfast shop there calls you handsome/cutie, it's like a tradition or something.

I don't really know how I would react.

It would be the very first time someone called me that.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, especially people in the Southwest and, to some extent, in California tend to be very friendly. East Coast not so much.
I'd like to add that most of the people in the South (geographically speaking: Southeast) are very friendly too!
Ach, Mississippi people... :love:

But yes, coming back is always a rough change. I remember, the first time I came back to Berlin after a few years, and my friend wanted to buy something. She was taking stuff from the shelves to look at it, which quite obviously upset the salesperson, who was following her and moving the items back into the right position. Finally, my friend had two items in her hands, trying to figure out what to buy, which prompted the sentence "Do you now want to buy something or just stare holes into the air?" I found it really touching to hear this true classic on my first visit to a store. This was Berlin as I knew it.

I had to laugh so hard. Which didn't help the situation, but I found it really funny at that point.
:negative:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's as if store clerks in Germany want to actively make you not buy things. But if you talk to the manager in this country he'll say "go shop somewhere else if you don't like it." The only problem is, every store is like that.

(However, at least when it came to returns and refunds, even when they're not supposed to give you any because of stupid German warranty laws, pulling "I want to talk to the manager" does tend to work even here, though nobody does it much. I've successfully returned tons of things, like opened video games, movies, fans, by insisting I speak to the manager. Typically they've never been exposed to this kind of situation and will just make your problem go away, at least when it's of this nature.)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
(However, at least when it came to returns and refunds, even when they're not supposed to give you any because of stupid German warranty laws, pulling "I want to talk to the manager" does tend to work even here, though nobody does it much. I've successfully returned tons of things, like opened video games, movies, fans, by insisting I speak to the manager. Typically they've never been exposed to this kind of situation and will just make your problem go away, at least when it's of this nature.)
Oh, you wouldn't like me...

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Makes me really curious about how you guys would react in a Japan maid cafe, or any Taiwanese store in general.
Every breakfast shop there calls you handsome/cutie, it's like a tradition or something.

That's only because everyone over 150cm is a rarity and considered super tall and handsome to the locals.

Hell, even Phage would probably be considered above average height there, even without elevator shoes.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
That's only because everyone over 150cm is a rarity and considered super tall and handsome to the locals.

Hell, even Phage would probably be considered above average height there, even without elevator shoes.

:butthurt:

Glad to know I'm on your mind bb, 'cause I honestly forgot about you :oops:

Also, yeah, I would be fairly tall in Japan according to averages.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:butthurt:

Glad to know I'm on your mind bb, 'cause I honestly forgot about you :oops:

Also, yeah, I would be fairly tall in Japan according to averages.

I'm always looking out for the little (hehe) guy.

Some day, we will build a nice farm where you can all live in peace. A very small farm, sure, with low ceilings. But still...

valcik

Arcane
Anybody dropping other folks' real name should be purged with cleansing fire!

:flamesaw:

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think DU should step down, but make himself a stretch goal for the next fundraiser before he goes.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
I haven't been following this drama, but hope that it ends with us forming a posse to hunt down Sawyer and make him answer for his... way of being.

Won't read the thread in fear of my hopes being crushed.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Well, since DarkUnderlord saw fit to split the thread, putting it back on topic, I think I'm going to make a small request:

Now that the dust has settled, I hope The Management™ realized that more drastic measures (aka closing GD) are not needed. GD is mostly about silly fun, and the Codex would lose much of its soul if I could no longer read about Bratty's quest to convince his gf to dress like anime, Dreead's music PhD lady stalker friend or my own thread about lan parties being super awesome (BACK IN THE DAY IT WAS BETTER!). Every forum has an "off topic" section, so there is no reason why the Codex should be the exception. Also, the argument that forcing everyone to "stick to RPG, cuz this is a forum about RPGssssss" would solve all our problems is simply fucking retarded. Remember hiver's cage match with VD? Was it about politics? NO. It was about Wasteland 2. What was the CAUSE of that incident? The conversation topic (WL2) or the fact that hiver is like...LEGIT crazy?

tl;dr: GD doesn't kill doxx/stalk/harass people, asshole posters doxx/stalk/harass people.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dating-advice-needed.100572/

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codexxx-ooh-la-la-bad-romance-halp-plz.101945/

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/you-guys-remember-lan-parties.100899/

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Now that the dust has settled, I hope The Management™ realized that more drastic measures (aka closing GD) are not needed.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/jack-assoud-ben-paul-stop-this.102926/

artworks-000055541683-hbv2us-original.jpg

Mech

Cipher
People shouldn't be shitheads on the Internet if they aren't willing to put their real name behind it anyway, lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom