Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
The mo' you kno' de furder yu go !

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pyke what gives, bro ? Doesn't seem to work full-screen on 1920x1080 ? I'll try on some other device, but if anyone knows a hack or trick to make this work, would be great.

EDIT:
Editted the config.ini file, with RESOLUTION = 1920x1080

That did the trick. By the way, super excited to play this finally !

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I played Stasis a while ago but I wanted to give you props for your work Pyke, those are some seriously beautiful environments. (Renders? I'm not overly sure of which tech-speak I should be using!)

It seems I'm not alone in finding the story slightly lackluster but I honestly don't feel like it mars the rest of the game in the slightest. I felt legitimately disturbed at how effective the game was at projecting such a stark, horrid atmosphere. Also, the surgery scene has got to be one of the most horrifying things I've ever played. Great job.

I'll be looking forward to Cayne / your future endeavours!

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Thanks MediantSamuel - environments works!

I've (hopefully) managed to put together a story with more twisty bits for Cayne - and our next game is a lot more nuanced in character - so Im quite excited about that!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I need to get this game.

If I play the free game first, there is absolutely no risk of spoiling the main game?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
It has some shared elements with the main game - so you may have a slightly different take on some aspects of it...but in terms of the game story itself it will be spoiler free.

Honestly I'm quite interested in finding out if Cayne changes the way some people react to Stasis. I suppose its sort of like watching the Star Wars prequels and then watching A New Hope. Your views of Vader and the jedi would be very different depending on the order that you watched the films.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice. By the way, your game kinda reminds me of the old adventure game Sanitarium if you ever played that.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Awesome mate! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Well, the visuals are better than expected, it has great atmosphere, and you got Mark Morgan on board, fantastic. I have some habit of trying to scroll the screen, dunno why :)

As for the gameplay, there were complaints about it being easy I think, but I seem to be stuck already, I know that I'm supposed to
create a leak to reset the security lockdown
but for the love of god, can't figure it out.
I got the glass shard, the dirty towl and released pressure valve

No regrets in buying the game whatsoever.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Im playing Vampyre - its a lot of fun - even if Im not a fan of vampires in general. Im playing with some experienced people who REALLY get into character (accents and all) - but once you get over the initial awkwardness its pretty awesome. :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ic-scifi-horror-adventure-game/posts/1671115?

STASIS

www.stasisgame.com

STASIS came kicking and screaming into the world a year ago this month and many adventure gamers worldwide have joined John and his journey through The Groomlake. STASIS being even a small part of adventure gamers' lives is a truly humbling experience. To me, it is more than just a game - it's true creative freedom and a gift that I don’t think I could ever quantify. I still think back to the morning that I started up my computer, put on Event Horizon, and started playing around with this tiny seed of an idea; an image of a stasis pod and it's occupant of bone, strung up with wires.

CAYNE

www.playcayne.com

Since the release of STASIS and our subsequent migration into full time game development, Nic and I have created CAYNE. What started off as a stretch goal chapter has become an entire standalone game that can sit proudly in the STASIS universe. Hadley’s story came about around my emotions of releasing STASIS, and seeing how much a family can change with the birth of a child. She may be a fictional character but she carries the weight of a family and our collective experiences.

CAYNE TRAILER:

CAYNE is in final phase production. Yes, nearly there! We're tweaking animations and sounds, and working through to check its flow. Already, we've decide to add in additional animations and content where we feel it will most benefit the story and game. It can be both a fun and frustrating experience, but being this close to the finish line gives us a daily rush of adrenaline that counteracts the tediousness of replaying the same game area over and over again! Backers will get to play CAYNE before everybody else (don't worry!), so stay tuned for more details.

CAYNE is coming soon...

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I loved STASIS, tho it has its shortcomings and flaws, it had a really nice atmosphere and setting. Looks like I'll be lovin' CAYNE chapter aswell.

Very nice work, Chris. Keep it up, and hurry up with the release (not really, just make it gud) ;)

lightbane

Arcane
Yay! Another kid-friendly game incoming!

I believe the voice at the end says "You can(not?) blame me"

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I liked what i saw and i bought the game but i haven't played it yet. I always try to make the best i can with games where the first time experience is what matters most so i wanted to wait for the eventual DLCs, patches and so forth, and now i'm just delaying to catch the perfect moment to savor it. Crazy pet peeve of mine, but i have to do this to get around this annoying brain fog shit i got.

Here's a window into my thoughts anyway since Pyke was asking:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ric-scifi-horror-adventure-game/posts/1723840

IMPORTANT CAYNE & DESOLATION NEWS

Hi Guys,

I'm incredibly excited to announce the launch date of our Kickstarter campaign for our new project, DESOLATION.

So, diarize January 24th because not only will the DESOLATION crowd funding launch, but we're also releasing CAYNE on the same day!

DESOLATION is going to be unlike anything you've seen before. Nic and I cannot wait to show you what we've been working on, and hope we have the same awesome support we had on STASIS.

77cd98d3b81b91a87d8a9ae045d31b4e_original.jpg

www.desolationgame.com

If you visit www.desolationgame.com and www.playcayne.com we've added a handy count-down timer.

We had the honor of working on the concept art for Wasteland 3 (please check out their campaign here: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3 ). They've raised over $3 million, but there's still time to get a few backers in! We hope you like the art we did with the awesome inXile team – check it out and let us know.

2919ff3f985f227f4011f08f43992eb1_original.png

WASTELAND 3

See you ALL in January - 2017 is going to be an exciting year!

Chris & Nic

P.S. Backers will get access to CAYNE a few days before the general public :)

P.P.S. Follow me on Twitter @stasisgame

caa5595cc2b30f745ed3cf026b8452cd_original.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom