Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Intro cutscene is a huge space battle near the distant planet.
You are a prisoner on a capital ship.
The spaceship crashes, you're the only survivor.
Tutorial dungeon is a spaceship wreckage.
You get outside.
It's a snowy planet with magic'n'shieet.
Time to kill nordic zombies in dungeons.
I N F I N I T E Q U E S T S

So, like Unreal basically?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
According to Bethesda, Starfield is 'the biggest leap in gaming ever'

And what reasons could i possibly have not to believe their megalomaniac claims?

giphy.gif

ADL

Prophet
What I find most disappointing about Starfield is that it's guaranteed to feel less alien than Morrowind was.

Goddamn generic sci-fi.

Sent from my VS995 using TrendStation

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
if the new obsidian game is space related, then obsidian probably lucked out, because bethesda is now in PR crisis. they could make the opportunity to sway them to the outer worlds. with this 76 fallout, new vegas and obsidian is starting to get traction again. if they do it right, keep the hype alive, obsidian could have have a smash hit.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
if the new obsidian game is space related, then obsidian probably lucked out, because bethesda is now in PR crisis. they could make the opportunity to sway them to the outer worlds. with this 76 fallout, new vegas and obsidian is starting to get traction again. if they do it right, keep the hype alive, obsidian could have have a smash hit.

I doubt that that will happen unless Obsidian is making open world sandbox first person RPG.

The reason Bethesda is so successful is because they hold a monopoly on this type of game and fans are ready of overlook their flaws because there is nothing else like that to play.

What Obsidian did prove with New Vegas is that even Bethesda fans can appreciate well designed world and quests.

So seeing the low bar that Bethesda placed for themselves its still a surprise that no other company tried to make similar type of game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I really wonder what this is going to be because I can't imagine it's just TES/Fallout in space. Gamebryo/Creation/Whatever would be terrible for any kind of space flight.

Quillon

Arcane
Gamebryo/Creation/Whatever would be terrible for any kind of space flight.

pft easy peasy; they'll just remodel dragons into spaceships.

Tho I wouldn't necessarily expect real time space flight/dog-fight etc. for some reason, nor am I expecting it from Project Indiana.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really wonder what this is going to be because I can't imagine it's just TES/Fallout in space. Gamebryo/Creation/Whatever would be terrible for any kind of space flight.
It was terrible for an open world ARPG too, that didn't stop Oblivion or Skryrimjob.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Gamebryo is great for any type of game. They just need to slap some new shaders on every few years and it's like brand new.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom