Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter StarCrawlers - indie sci-fi dungeon crawling RPG

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
music
sound marketing
trom03.gif

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
It is now. Wonder why they brought it down *and* there is no other copy on YT.. There is another trailer at their site, but without gameplay.
Steam page has a video that shows snippets of gameplay though.
Odd.

Angthoron

Arcane
Sci-Fi M&M doesn't click with me.
M&M 6-8 was sci-fi though. :M
Please, let's not go there.

It fucking wasn't, screw you
Fine, let's blast past that point.

It is now. Wonder why they brought it down *and* there is no other copy on YT.. There is another trailer at their site, but without gameplay.
Steam page has a video that shows snippets of gameplay though.
Odd.
Could be a premature announciation, or possibly they found out that Steam doesn't support this, I dunno.

I am in agreement, btw, with the enemies. Too generic.

This seems like a fun game, rather than a genre-defining one. Since I enjoy cyberpunk, I will probably enjoy Wizardry-in-space, as William Gibson is great source material, and Deus Ex and System Shock 2 grabbed me.

This is probably going to be a time-waster, more than a new Planescape, but it is enticing, in the same way Diablo is a wonderful way to blast away boredom, when nothing deeper is on my table. ;)

jdinatale

Cipher
I apologize if this has already been answered, but are the beta saves compatible with the final release? Don't want to have to start over like D:OS

zwanzig_zwoelf

The game looks fairly generic.
I'm not going to express any kind of hope for this one.
I'll have to study Japanese to enjoy more futuristic RPGs. :negative:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Out of sheer desperation to play ANYTHING sci-fi and turn-based, I picked up a copy of this on early access.

Art and music is nice. The tutorial was pretty lulzy (considering who you fight). It just goes over the basics of movement, using the r-mouse button to look around, combat, hacking, abilities, equipping items etc..

On the first real mission now, alone (since you don't have enough money to hire anyone). I also noticed there is this HUGE list of companies that you will either build or destroy reputation with them. No idea how that will work out. Got contacted by one of the companies when starting the mission and they want something from this location, and I said sure! Anyways, I'll play some more.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also noticed there is this HUGE list of companies that you will either build or destroy reputation with them. No idea how that will work out. Got contacted by one of the companies when starting the mission and they want something from this location, and I said sure! Anyways, I'll play some more.
Playing politics with a substantial roster of different interests sounds fun. Curious to know how that aspect plays out. It still probably won't interest me enough to want to try "Grimrock in space", but don't be shy about it with your next report.

Alchemist

Arcane
It still probably won't interest me enough to want to try "Grimrock in space", but don't be shy about it with your next report.
The battle system is quite different than Grimrock I think. Isn't it turn-based and goes to a separate battle screen?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The battle system is quite different than Grimrock I think. Isn't it turn-based and goes to a separate battle screen?

Yes, the combat goes to seperate screen. It's basically jRPG combat like (blobber combat) and is TURN-BASED.

You left click on an enemy, and then choose an ability. Some abilities require that you put "combos" on an enemy, before you can use them. For example:

(I'm playing a Cyberninja) Your main attack does x amount of damage, but puts on 2 combos. Another ability requires 2 or more combos on the enemy. After attacking with your main attack, it now has 2 combos on it. You can now use that second ability on them.

54153BB2C3C951FF9D9D59E3AFC474AA6D3092EA

(note the greyed out ability above, as it requires at least 2 combos on the enemy before you can use it).

B3B4DB7A6F5D3236AA07D09A6DA7EBFF3CDA1680

So far exploration is fun, you WILL need to look around with the look function (to find hidden containers, datalogs and credits etc...).

There are many dialogue options which you can choose, though I don't know if any of that will ever lead to *actual* C&C, or if it will be meaningless BioWarian/Witcher C&C. So that I don't know yet.

After the first mission, you will now have money to hire people. You can then see a list of mission to take. They describe what they need you to do. Like one was a diplomatic mission, so obviously I'd hire someone that has a good talking skills for that (or kill the person).

Some are straightforward explore and find stuff (from the description). Some of them have a + rep for a company AND then a - rep for another company. And some have just a + for a company.

I'm liking it so far. This is NOT incredibly complex JA2/X-Com combat, but enjoyable so far. I'll just try a few mission and see.

Last edited:

Aenra

Jaesun you answered by saying "yes goes to separate screen", but left out the important bit..is it TB? :)

also, i wonder if the 'clean' visuals are a wink to System Shock 2 (lol, you wish) and if so, what other cues they might have taken from it.
don't say it, i know i know..

Alchemist

Arcane
Thanks for the reports Jaesun - looks like something I'll have to pick up sometime. Must have all the blobbers.... especially ones in space.

Jaesun you answered by saying "yes goes to separate screen", but left out the important bit..is it TB? :)
Well, it says turn-based right on the steam page so yeah. :)

Aenra

Well, it says turn-based right on the steam page so yeah. :)

haha, it does huh? :)
i kinda avoid it like the plague, so i wouldn't know; thanks!

edit: come to think of it, if anyone can post any map screenshot, that'd be nice

Alchemist

Arcane
I noticed they categorize it as "spacepunk". Is that a genre now? Meaning cyberpunk in space I suppose?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom