Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft: Remastered

J1M

Arcane
The catch is that beyond the graphics and ability to change key bindings everything stays the same. Bad pathfinding, limited unit selection, not being able to select more than one building and the rest. For some that is how it should be, for others it is not. The market will tell the real truth.
No seriously what's the catch?
"Enhanced narrative". They are going to fuck up the story.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
While I'm cautiously optimistic about the remaster, the new art direction I am not. In particular, the stylistic change. I also find that the Terran victory screen art in particular is off-point and as usual the fans provide and know the game better than the devs.

Original:
ADNmiZp.jpg

Remaster:
ta95yrU.jpg

This recolor someone did is truer to the tone of the original:
r2wLG5D.jpg

One has to wonder at what point are you actually changing something in a game that made the game what it was and what people loved so much about it. I like the cleaner/scale-able sprites but question the new artwork and music. Can we not just have a "classic" option?

Last edited:
Thinking about map design, I wonder if Blizzard will update the tools a bit. For example reverse ramps looked weird and could perform buggily, having options for "real" ramps in all directions would be nice.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Episode 3 out:

Check around 2:08 to 2:014 to see their highest dynamic lighting setting. Basically you have 3 settings.

SD - HD and HD with extra shit on like dynamic lightning and bump mapping etc.

ciox

Liturgist
Answered my ramp question there too. I assume the funky look is placeholder.
Those are actually the player-created ramps made by splicing together unrelated tiles, that ramp tech is what they will be replacing.

https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20938029
GG Together – Korea StarCraft: Remastered Launch Event

10 hours ago | Blizzard Entertainment

Twelve years ago, on the last weekend of July, evening fell on a balmy beach in Busan. The salty breeze did little to cool the heat brought by the Korean summer, as 120,000 fans gathered to watch their favorite game played out on the massive stage in Gwangalli Beach.

Twelve years later on the last weekend of July, a warm evening will fall again. Weather predictions indicate the temperature will mirror that memorable night in 2005, and the wind might kick up just a little more than it did back then; which is fitting, because a storm is coming.

On Sunday, July 30th, the nation which seized this game to call it their own will gather again at Gwangalli Beach to commence the official release of StarCraft: Remastered. A full celebration will take place, including thematic DJs, legendary showmatches, and an official “launch countdown” to pre-release the game exclusively to PC Cafe’s around the country prior to the game’s global release on August 14th. We invite you to experience this celebration with us, as we look forward to revisiting this industry-defining experience.

The event begins at 4a.m. Pacific Time with an opening performance by DJ Koo. There will be several appearances from those closest to the game over the years, after which the legendary showmatches will take place. Featuring incredible players like BoxeR, YellOw, Bisu, Jaedong, Flash, and more, GG Together will be the world’s first exhibition of StarCraft: Remasteredgameplay. Tune in live or catch rebroadcasts and VODs in the days to come!

Schedule:
  • Sunday, July 30
  • Starts 8:00 p.m. KST | 4:00 a.m. PDT | 7:00 a.m. EDT | 1:00 p.m. CEST
Broadcast Details:
  • Stream: https://twitch.tv/starcraft
  • Casted by Wolf and Tasteless
  • Match 1: TheBOy vs Grrrr
  • Match 2: BoxeR vs YellOw
  • Match 3: Reach vs NaDa
  • Match 4: Bisu vs Flash vs Jaedong (Round Robin)
This Sunday, the beach will be filled with fans once again, as StarCraft: Remastered enters a new golden age of top-tier competition. We hope you’ll join us.

This shit is happening tomorrow. Get hype.

Black_Willow

Arcane
More screens, this time from the PC Bang KOrean version, which is supposed to release in two days and the final release!

http://imgur.com/gallery/m8d3Z

Also take a look at this infested Terran portrait, fucking sick.

hmlvv89.gif

Kerrigan:
uAfn6DP.png

Infested
NL5qujW.png
I always imagined the original Kerrigan as a bit horse-faced with wide mouth. The fact that she wasn't meant to be a beauty queen was a part of her charm.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Some videoes of remastered:

Korean guy playing UMS map, u can clearly see the updated graphics. Nice.

Portrait videoes of all races now. EPIC

Protoss

Terran

Zerg

Misc

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
LOL

That was the cringiest stream ever :D

Fucking translator is hilariously bad ahahahaha oh man. Gold. The comments on twitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom