Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

mastroego

Arcane
So my purchase went smoothly... up until now.

I'm playing with the Mass Recall mod and so far I'm liking it. Thing is, the mod was "finalized" for the last version of Heart of the Swarm, so I un-checked the option to auto-download updates because not only I don't need them to play a SP mod, they might actually BREAK it - until the mod is updated as well, at least.

Only, I've just found out that the updater "resets" the options when I close it [:roll: :argh:] so it stealthily decided to start downloading stuff despite my previous orders.
Now I have a couple of out-of-schedule hours to kill and thought to go on with the mod... ONLY I CANNOT PLAY WITH THE SINGLE PLAYER GAME THAT I BOUGHT BECAUSE THE STUPID THING WANTS TO DOWNLOAD 600 MBs OF STUFF NOW AND IT WON'T LET PLAY IF I DON'T.
:x
So there's this game that I OWN and I CANNOT fucking play when it suits ME, but I have to play it when they GRACIOUSLY LET ME.
Now there's no turning back and I may have broken the mod too.
:x

Seriously, goddamn it, I bought 1&2 at massive discount and STILL they managed to piss me off.
I guess no more purchases from Blizzard after SC II, this is utter retardness.

Starcraft II being abandoned by Blizzard might just one of the best things to ever happen to it. After patching is left up to players, we get one that fixes the single most annoying thing about Carriers:

And plenty of other nice changes too. Overall looks to be the best patch when it comes to QoL I've seen so far. Admittedly though I only started in LotV, but from what I heard the game used to be in pretty terrible state balance wise before it.

Patching is left to players? Who exactly makes the decisions?
Apparently it's a bunch of pro players and some of the casters, taking it very slowly to reach a consensus. It's one patch a year so far. Still way better than Blizzard's way of doing it. "X race doesn't win enough tournaments, buff it!". If that was still the case Protoss would be getting buffed. But they had it worst this patch, despite them winning tournaments the least.

There's is one toss nerf I don't really agree with, and that's Battery Overcharge nerf. Seems like it's gonna make it even easier to die with Protoss in early game and that was already the toughest part of playing that race. But shitting on idiots who just play mass Carrier turtle every game I fully support, even if I learned to beat them already. Players who mass cannons and batteries and buld nothing but Carriers every game, don't have a single fucking control group, not even for any buildings and are queueing up two Carriers per Stargate at sub 50 APM shouldn't be anywhere close to Diamond, yet I keep meeting them in Diamond 3. These shitheads shouldn't even be able to reach Gold league as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Well, post patch Protoss is still good enough to win hearts and minds with it:

7E7A56199390A8B0A1859FF0B26566D9FC21582B

Something about opponents losing their shit at me is so amusing, never fails to make my day.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you were smurfing few leagues below your level, would that not be a total case of losing to a legitimately better player?
For "marina" that is someone close to her level but better. Mad brain creates only brain farts.

If you were smurfing few leagues below your level, would that not be a total case of losing to a legitimately better player?
I do have a "smurf" account that is about 300-400 MMR below my main, for playing when I'm not sober. But I mostly get this type of butthurt when playing on my main. The higher you go in leagues the more butthurt people are. I guess it's because they actually start caring about their rank in higher leagues and that's the worst way to play this game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom