Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I really liked Wings of Liberty.

Is this some kinda of elaborate troll are you literally the most retarded person in the Codex right now?

What's wrong with it?

I'm curious as well. I'm not really a Starcraft player. I thought Starcraft 2 was just Starcraft 1 with better graphics. As far as I could tell from a few hours of playing the gameplay is exactly the same, going as far as the map layout.
It's not like Age of Empire 2 and 3 where there was a drastic change in every regards and obvious decline.

Or is this about slight changes in some stats or something that had big consequences in the absurdly utlra competitive scene?

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I enjoyed Wings of Liberty, but couldn't be fucked to play Heart of the Swarm. Protoss are my favorite Starcraft race, so I might have to get Legacy of the Void, and I guess I'll have to play HotS so I know what's going on. I didn't see a release date for LotV though, and it is a Blizzard game, so I probably have a few years. Fuck, and I can't remember my battle.net info now.

qbHRzCr.jpg

:lol: WoL Protoss armours weren't WoW fantasy shit enough, it seems.
Also :lol: @ Protoss giving motivational speech.
Triple :lol: @ dramatic prophecy narration: "zerg will arrive, protoss will rise to fight them". Bioware couldn't beat that shit if it sicced its whole tard squad of writers at it.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
SC2 was an abomination in every aspect. Story, SP, casual MP and ladder MP, all trash.

looks like we got a prime candidate for Codex C00l Credits.

SC2 Mp is very good.

:lol: WoL Protoss armours weren't WoW fantasy shit enough, it seems.
Also :lol: @ Protoss giving motivational speech.
Triple :lol: @ dramatic prophecy narration: "zerg will arrive, protoss will rise to fight them". Bioware couldn't beat that shit if it sicced its whole tard squad of writers at it.

Yes it's terrible, single player story is utterly trash

kris

Arcane
I'm curious as well. I'm not really a Starcraft player. I thought Starcraft 2 was just Starcraft 1 with better graphics. As far as I could tell from a few hours of playing the gameplay is exactly the same, going as far as the map layout.
It's not like Age of Empire 2 and 3 where there was a drastic change in every regards and obvious decline.

Or is this about slight changes in some stats or something that had big consequences in the absurdly utlra competitive scene?

While not entirerly true, starcraft 2 moved away from many of the old tactics and the prevailing way to battle is to make a big blob of an army that duke it out with the enemies blob. It is now even more about the managing that one and getting out the best units to counter the opponents blob. This changed by how the sometimes pretty bad pathfinding, but in particular in the changed collusion detection, which enables you to have your men really close together. Like I said before, armies and bases literarly melt in front of these massive blobs. This is also moreso due to the speed of movement.

As for single player this wasn't as noticable, but in the heart of the swarm campaign it was the best tactic by far. Quickly just make a big army, sweep away anything. There is no use in dividing your forces. I started a replay of "wings of liberty" and it seems that even in those missions you do best to use that same tactic

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
I'm not liking the HUGE amount of reskins. It's embarrassing that a billion dollar company is reskinning content instead of inventing it.

Archibald

Arcane
Prophecies? Fuck you Blizzard. Way to ruin a nice sci-fi universe.

I'm not 100% but didn't Protoss campaign in SC1 already have stuff about prophecies and how basically light and dark templars had to work together in order to save teh universe?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The fact that the main character is Artanis instead of Zeratul is major :decline: but Protoss remain my favorite Starcraft race so I will probably get this one too to see how Blizzard rapes their own creations this time

Deleted member 7219

Heart of the Swarm was excellent. Every mission felt different.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
The fact that the main character is Artanis instead of Zeratul is major :decline: but Protoss remain my favorite Starcraft race so I will probably get this one too to see how Blizzard rapes their own creations this time

Artanis from Broodwar was a solid character. His arc that he eventually rose to a powerful position is fine to me. But then again, I am a Broodwar player. The fact that Zertauls original VA died, and that Blizzard became politically correct is easily more decline than that.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I have to give the credit where credit is due - each mission in WoL and HotS was excellent, unique bit of entertainment - a real fun arcade, strategy puzzle. Hell, I am hard pressed to admit that the story for those singled out missions was full of suspense and made sense in an 80s action movie kind of way. So I hope that Legacy of the Void will continue the tradition.

However, the overarching plot in both campaigns was a load of bullcrap no one should take with straight face. I concede, it was somewhat disheartening to see all that multi-million budget go for overglorified soap opera in speeeeisssss. And God, all those retcons.

Still, I am past caring at this point about the plot. If they maintain strong gameplay, I am in.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Artanis from Broodwar was a solid character. His arc that he eventually rose to a powerful position is fine to me. But then again, I am a Broodwar player. The fact that Zertauls original VA died, and that Blizzard became politically correct is easily more decline than that.

I always saw him as a second generation poor man's Tassadar,while Zeratul always remained a cool guy

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
SC2 Mp is very good.

No it fucking it isn't. Progamers may have picked it up but that's only because they couldn't face the reality of their favored company fucking shit up so badly and decided to simply put a blind eye to all the various flaws and tug on with their Starcraft obsession. The game plays decently online only because of what it shares with the original anyway.

Meanwhile, everything else about it is fucking shit. SP is shit. Story is shit. Character are shit. Art style is shit. Sound effects are shit. All the new units that didn't steal their design from the original are shit. Cinematics are fucking Micheal Bay level of retardism. And since we are talking about the vanilla game before the expansion, can we have a moment to discuss the absurdity that was Games for Windows Live Battle.net 2.0? Have we forgotten about that already?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I liked HoI graphics fidelity and details. And it ran well even on C2D 3.2 GHz and GTX 660.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom