Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft: Remastered

Nirvash

Liturgist
I'm the only one who just can't play rts anymore?

Mobas (and maybe getting over 30) just destroyed my ability to multitask.

Just play the game again. You don't need to play like a Korean pro to enjoy it.

Matchmaking in the Remaster will probably help open the game up to noobs again who're worried about sucking at the mechanics. You won't have to join "1:1 FS" lobbies looking for a game with the hope that you don't instantly lose to some guy who's A+ on ICCUP, learning nothing in the process.

Johannes

Arcane
I loved playing 7v1 comp stomps. Everyone fucked around, build super giga rape armies, and then I left allied victory unclicked.

Shit turned into game of thrones, man. That moment when they realized that I was playing fucking littlefinger as my zerglings swept into their base....:)
Sounds retarded, why not just play an honest FFA from the start?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/17615413477

Greetings Cerebrates, Executors, and Commanders,
We updated StarCraft to version 1.18.2 today. Notes:
Specific Changes & Improvements

Updated Protoss warp in effect to reduce the population of cool guys wearing sunglasses at night
Bent light - or the lack thereof - to our will by recreating the stacking shadow effect

Bug Fixes

Fixed control groups not saving while mouse buttons are down
Improved command performance during extremely high APM - we are still optimizing so players with 300+ APM are recommended to turn off VSync and FPS cap so refresh rates can keep up with your actions
Fixed building confirmation sounds not playing when selecting a building off screen
Fixed sound cutting out at low FPS

Known Issues

Crashes caused by 256 bit color compatibility mode can be resolved by disabling that property
Issues in the pipe can be found here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20754425665

Cheers,
Classic Games

aXZKwad.jpg

Everything wrong with Blizzard summed up in one picture.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What was wrong with the old one?

Brood_War_box_art_%28StarCraft%29.jpg

Don't tell me they lost the original image in a flood?

Last edited:

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Got rather nostalgiac reading about this, so I went to teamliquid for the first time in several years. To my surprise I discovered that BW still had a semi-thrilling community. In fact BW streams seemed more popular than SC2 ones. There's actually more BW tournaments now than in 2013. OGN even started broadcasting BW again!

I don't know, there's something magical about this shit. Watching it made me want to play BW again even though I know I'd suck even more at it than I did at 15.

Uh, anyway, regarding the remaster. I think the units look great, the buildings are okay, but the portraits is a fucking disaster. The zerg ones aren't so bad, but the terran ones indeed lost most of the original grittyness (honestly this is probably not the most appropriate word to use here). The dim lighting, cramped space and blurriness of the original portraits added a lot to the "desolate shithole" atmosphere.

Parabalus

Arcane
I'm the only one who just can't play rts anymore?

Mobas (and maybe getting over 30) just destroyed my ability to multitask.

All this talk about Remastered made me itchy to see just how much I've gone rusty on BW.

Fired up one of those run-from-the-zealot ums training maps and got it on the 3d try. I remember it being a huge struggle when I was learning BW so this was a pleasant surprise :positive:.

I wouldn't mind some unfaithful changes (hotkey mapping, more control groups, portraits [who gives a fuck seriously], stuff like that) if there is functioning matchmaking and a ladder. iCCup appears to be alive and running so I'll def have to hop in a game to get rolled.

NullFlow

Savant
Even though I'm losing 70% of my games, at least I'm enjoying myself a lot more in BW than I ever did in SC2. Hell I'm actually watching my own replays to see what I'm doing wrong so I can improve, which I never bothered with in the sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom