Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

logicliker

Novice
I'm literally shocked that I'm making this post. That I'm about to say what I'm about to say.

But Blizzard delivered.

This game is deep, it doesn't compromise gameplay/traditional RTS mechanics for pre pubescent teenagers who just want to watch shit blow up. Big picture, the game is good, it has made drastic improvements since release, it's well supported by the developer, there's no sell out DLC/microtransaction business model attached to it (everybody gets to enjoy the FULL content/value of the game, with the single purchase of the game) the campaign is fun, and even though there's some clear "mainstreaming" to the theme/lore/art direction/story, and a few other anti consumer issues (no Lan, always connected DRM) it's so good in all other areas, that those items can be overlooked.

Very happy with the improvements made to this game since the initial release of SC2. An obvious investment has been made to this product, with a clear long term business strategy in mind. Very refreshing, and surprising coming from Actizzard.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
No Day 1 DLC and intrusive DRM! Sweet!

Since you are a frequent poster and have been here for quite some time, and took the time to write a three sentence review, I'll make this an immediate purchase.

Are we talking GOTY now or do you predict competition by December?

logicliker

Novice
Where did I call this a review?

And not that it matters, but I've been a long time poster/lurker here (since 2008). I lost my original account after the site went down and upgraded to this new interface. In message board years, I would be your ancestor.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Friendly tip, this type of viral marketing is more effective when you pay off an existing long term member of a forum. :troll:

logicliker

Novice
Viral marketing?

This would be direct marketing retard, if I was in fact a marketer.

What in my post is going to be so controversial, so remarkable, that it's going to spread all over the web?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Where did I call this a review?

And not that it matters, but I've been a long time poster/lurker here (since 2008). I lost my original account after the site went down and upgraded to this new interface. In message board years, I would be your ancestor.

Yes, but I can't tell that from your amount of posts and join date. Not that it matters, really. My whole point is that you are not really known here and have only about 8 posts prior to your last one. Suddenly you tell people what a great game it is and that they should try it, but you start a whole new thread and deliver only a few vague lines of thought using positive buzz words like "good", "deep", "fun", "refreshing" and so forth. Your intentions may be on the up and up, but it does look suspicious.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm literally shocked that I'm making this post. That I'm about to say what I'm about to say.

But Blizzard delivered.
What, they've finally released the full game? Last I heard they'd only finished 2/3 campaigns. Someone tell me when Blizzard do finally manage to push out the rest of it.

logicliker

Novice
I can't believe that I'm about to defend Blizzard...like seriously...I'm about to defend Blizzard. I've been bashing this company since the Activision merger...but I digress.

Heart of the Swarm $40 (adjusted for inflation, it's the equivalent of any 90s expansion pack in terms of cost).

There's enough changes/additions in content including the campaign to make it equivalent to previous Blizzard expansion packs.

The only real downside is lack of LAN & Online requirement, which is big, but the game is good enough to overlook those issues.

The new Battle.net for SC2 is really quite good. It has all of the old features from original battle.net, including some additional ones as well.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
I can't believe that I'm about to defend Blizzard...like seriously...I'm about to defend Blizzard. I've been bashing this company since the Activision merger...but I digress.

Heart of the Swarm $40 (adjusted for inflation, it's the equivalent of any 90s expansion pack in terms of cost).

There's enough changes/additions in content including the campaign to make it equivalent to previous Blizzard expansion packs.

The only real downside is lack of LAN & Online requirement, which is big, but the game is good enough to overlook those issues.

The new Battle.net for SC2 is really quite good. It has all of the old features from original battle.net, including some additional ones as well.

FFS

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Viral marketing?

This would be direct marketing retard, if I was in fact a marketer.

What in my post is going to be so controversial, so remarkable, that it's going to spread all over the web?

You're right, this isn't going to go viral and you're wasting your time, but you probably should have thought of that before posting. :smug:

logicliker

Novice
I'm as cynical as cynical is, but has the shit in this industry become so thick, so stench ridden, that we can't appreciate a quality entry?

Plain and simple, behind the corny trailers, marketing, art direction, and big business BS like online DRM, there's a quality underlying foundation of gameplay here. This is a hardcore game. This is a niche game which in this day and age, is hard to find with any legitimate financial backing.

1. You can't buy an unfair advantage in multiplayer.
  2. There's no shitty up selling that compromises the game's integrity
  3. The business model, besides the online DRM, is traditional (full game, + expansion, + a future expansion).
  4. The game makes you pay for mistakes, and gives you a sense of satisfaction when you succeed.
  5. There's lore, story (shitty but it's there), the game has soul.
  6. The campaign is good (you need to use your brain to progress).
  7. The game is supported indefinitely with patches, bug fixes, balance changes, and other additions made based on community feedback, etc. etc. etc.

logicliker

Novice
So nobody can take me on point for point. Can only post lame gifs, and try to diminish my credibility with name calling.

I thought this place was above that kind of BS.

:declining:

Also, I have 8 posts, 7 of them are bashing EA & Bethesda, I'm "cool" get brofisted, etc. I try to point out a game that is pretty damn good, surprisingly so, shockingly so even, and I get

:mob:

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
For us that loved Starcraft 1 for its story, SC2 is unbelievably shit.

Blizzard has gone straight to the shit pit after Frozen Throne. :decline:

1. There's lore, story (shitty but it's there), the game has soul.

Soul? What soul? Bob Kotick's soul?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Sweet, thanks for letting me know. Will purchase. After having quite some trouble with the terran tutorial, I hope that they made this one a bit easier. Do you know when will they release the campaigns? Thanks again.

DemonKing

Arcane
So nobody can take me on point for point. Can only post lame gifs, and try to diminish my credibility with name calling.

:declining:

Brother - that's what this place is for.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

1: Your name is dumb. Seriously. This was your first mistake.

2: There is already a starcraft 2 thread. If you had bothered looking in the strategy games forum, you would have seen it. This was your second mistake.

3: The general consensus seems to be that the HOTS story is pants on head retarded. Watching the cutscenes on youtube I'm inclined to agree. The missions aren't terribly challenging or creative either.

4: You try way too hard, even for a troll. Of course, if you had been "lurking since 2008" like you claim, you would've realized we have a strategy games forum here. And that it contains a starcraft 2 thread. This was your third mistake.

5: As long as retards like you think they're witty, there'll be BS.

Also, I have 8 posts, 7 of them are bashing EA & Bethesda, I'm "cool" get brofisted, etc.

6: Again, if you had been lurking for years, you'd realize that just bashing EA hardly makes you"cool" and that 6 random brofists are hardly an achievement.

Posting a thread with a retarded OP; on a game that already has an active thread; in the wrong forum; being butthurt when your shit taste is called out; failing codex lore 101.
:0/5:
Go to retardo. Do not pass start. Do not collect 200 Kodex Kool Kredits.

In closing, thread sucks and OP is a faggot. In before Jaesun retardoes or moves it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom