Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

starcraft 2 beta motherfuckers

These patches has to be huge, I'm about halfway through the download, and I've been at it for two hours. They could at least state how large it is. Well it is possible I'm getting low down rates for some reason I suppose.

Shuma

Scholar
shuma.gorath here if anyone wants some practice 1v1s or team 2v2.

If you're on EU I'm all for it, though I most likely suck played one game so far, and haven't played much SC1. Only thing I got going for me is micro.
User name is PanzerWagen.omega in any case.

Whats up with that "identifier" stuff any way? Have to ruin my perfectly good user name with it.

Shuma

Scholar
It allows people like me with a sorta common name to get the name they want and be known as that name and yet it's still unique because of the identifier.

so let's say your bnet name is Mike, 2348972389 others will have that same name, but maybe there's only one Mike.istotallyawesome. Your friends and opponents will only see you as Mike, though. Kinda nice change, imo.

relootz

Scholar
Fucking irritates me that i loose games where i do hardly anything wrong

Black Sun

Novice
1272702815813.jpg
[/img]

Black

Arcane
Konjad said:
beta ends 17th May. I hope i will come home soon to play more
How do you know?
Also, I need a spar partne (and a sex buddy but that's off-topic) but I'm really terrible. Like terrible, terrible. As in, unranked terrible.
scrubwave.scrubwave
@motherfucking mothership rush
I saw that when watch Day 9 videos. That was p sick.

relootz

Scholar
Konjad said:
beta ends 17th May. I hope i will come home soon to play more

Release 27 July, beta until half July. This has been confirmed.

Black

Arcane
1. Is it just me and my lack of experience or are zerg units, well, weak compared to T and P? I think the only thing they can do is zergling/roach rush and maybe a bit later something with mutalisks but that's it because when P and T roll their higher tier units zerg doesn't have anything on par. Mutalisk? Mind you I'm just a noob but something feels wrong here.
2. How do I beat zealot rush when playing T? My buddy makes 2 gateways and chrono boosts them pumping out zealots and by the time I wall off I have 5 zealots knocking at my door and not enough marines to hold them off.
What do??

1. If you are new and not very experienced, Zerg is probably not the race to play. They rely on lots of expansions, lots of work maintaining spawn larva on every hatchery, knowing how to switch techs quickly to counter, knowing when to pump your larvae into drones or military, ect. The other races have much more rigidly defined build orders and playstyles that you might find easier to use. You should look into infestors and later broodlords, both of those units can be devastating in addition to the usual hydra/roach blob.

2. What is your barracks timing? Sounds like you are just making it too late. You should be making it at 10 supply or so.

Black

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
2. What is your barracks timing? Sounds like you are just making it too late. You should be making it at 10 supply or so.
Seems like I was too late. When I was hitting 11 I just started building my 1st depot.
It also may be the map, blistering sands or w/e. Really short distance and you already know where your opponent is.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Black said:
1. Is it just me and my lack of experience or are zerg units, well, weak compared to T and P? I think the only thing they can do is zergling/roach rush and maybe a bit later something with mutalisks but that's it because when P and T roll their higher tier units zerg doesn't have anything on par. Mutalisk? Mind you I'm just a noob but something feels wrong here.

That's not entirely true. Roaches are an effective unit all-round with not so many weaknesses. The only really effective units to counter them are Immortals, Tanks, Hydras and maybe Zealots if they outnumber the roaches.

Also, don't forget that Brood Lords are so powerful versus ground units that if your opponent's main army is on land, he's fucked.

relootz

Scholar
Black said:
Overweight Manatee said:
Seems like I was too late. When I was hitting 11 I just started building my 1st depot.
It also may be the map, blistering sands or w/e. Really short distance and you already know where your opponent is.

Also finishing your wall and repairing it while the P bangs on it is hilarious.
2 gate rushing against T at the moment is retarded since they wall off.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
kekekeke

I play Terran. Phanto.phantomax if you wanna game. Not very good though!

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
Okay, after all this time I finally give a shit about this game.

Fuck, here I was hoping I could save any of my dollars from ever heading Blizzard's way again.

MapMan

Arcane
ZERG ARE TOO WEAK! TOSS AND TERRAN IMBA NEED NERFING NAO!!!11

Imho zerg feels unbalanced atm. Too many hard counters, not many builds to try, almost useless tier 3. Definately it requires the most work and polish.

Destroid

Arcane
Have not played it, but a quick examination of the Zerg tech tree tells me Zerg need to invest nearly double the resources that protoss do to get air units.

relootz

Scholar
The sentry nerf and phoenix moving shot make it that you HAVE to make phoenix to counter mutas, almost every zerg i encounter now go mass muta and if you dont make phoenixxes you are fucked.

Return sentry to 8 damage! :mad:

MapMan

Arcane
relootz said:
The sentry nerf and phoenix moving shot make it that you HAVE to make phoenix to counter mutas, almost every zerg i encounter now go mass muta and if you dont make phoenixxes you are fucked.

Return sentry to 8 damage! :mad:

Sentries were OP.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've got 2 beta invitations. Who wants?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom