Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

starcraft 2 beta motherfuckers

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
ITZ coming later this month

but blizzard has lied before

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
It's going to be in parts!

First you will only test SCV warfare! Then maybe after 10 days marines... and then some tanks. Etc.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
DAMN ITS ABOUT TIME.

This is actually the only rts I am looking forward to. Not because I dislike the genre or anything its just that Blizzard is the only company that still delivers.

Haters gonna hate.

MapMan

Arcane
I really cant wait for all the new battle net features.

Create a clan: 5$
Take part in a tournament: 3$
Create custom game: 1$
Custom maps: varying from 2$ to 20$
Change icon (avatar): 2$

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
MapMan said:
I really cant wait for all the new battle net features.

Create a clan: 5$
Take part in a tournament: 3$
Create custom game: 1$
Custom maps: varying from 2$ to 20$
Change icon (avatar): 2$
This shit for real?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I hope for the best, fear the worst.

And Skyway: We've been over that before duckling. Each of the three installments will have 30 missions of equal length to the first game. The first game itself had only 30 missions. You'll also be able to play all races with the first installment.

Unless they pull something we can't know yet, I don't really care they're releasing them in three installments. I'll pirate them first anyway, so I'll know whether they're worth anything or not, and whether splitting them in three is legitimate or not.

kris

Arcane
relootz said:
I dont have a beta key.

:rage:

Consider yourself in luck. Beta usually mostly ruin the impression of the game and it is much more fun playing a complete product. That is something Blizzard use to deliver unlike so many other companies that deliver public betas.

Firewrks

Novice
Well, guess I'll be a fanboy and say I'm really looking forward to this, in spite of the 3 installments release and whatever the hell they're cooking up for bnet2.0. Been too long, I'm hankering for a good RTS. The gameplay looked very intriguing based on the battle report I watched, and the powerful editor should ensure lots of good mods and custom maps.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I've not heard anything about Suppreme Commander 2 like ever. Just that it is under development. No hype, no PR. Did they run out of blowjob money or what?

lightbane

Arcane
That's probably because Square-Enix are collaborating with it (if the rumours are true)...

Stoiv

Educated
Destroid said:
DOW2 expansion and supreme commander 2 come out next month. Going to be a good year for RTS.

Too bad DOW2 was shit.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Stoiv said:
Destroid said:
DOW2 expansion and supreme commander 2 come out next month. Going to be a good year for RTS.

Too bad DOW2 was shit.

Unfortunately true. Even Bugstorm was better.

lightbane said:
That's probably because Square-Enix are collaborating with it (if the rumours are true)...

Lets hope that those rumors are untrue.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Haba said:
I've not heard anything about Suppreme Commander 2 like ever. Just that it is under development. No hype, no PR. Did they run out of blowjob money or what?

I read one preview, which started with a Chris Taylor quote along the lines of 'Just because cross platform development means we've had to reduce the unit cap, that doesn't necessarily mean...', at which point I stopped reading.

Destroid

Arcane
The unit cap will be modded soon enough.

Not like my PC could handle the big unit cap of SC1 anyway.

Castanova

Prophet
Considering that Starcraft's success as a "pro" game was by accident, I'll be interested to see if Blizzard is capable of consciously repeating that type of success. Obviously Warcraft 3 didn't past muster but I'm not sure they intended it to.

Tails

Arbiter
I will never forgive Blizzard turning Jim Raynor in a emo. It's my fault Kerrigan :(( bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom