Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars: Uprising mobile RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got your KOTOR3 right here! :popamole:

Kabam, Disney, and Lucasfilm Announce Star Warstm: Uprising Coming Soon to Mobile Devices

New Role Playing Game Continues the Epic Series Following Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi – Pre-Register Now!

San Francisco – June 4, 2015 – Kabam, in collaboration with The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm Ltd., today announced the development of Star Wars tm : Uprising, the first mobile game to take place after Star Wars™: Episode VI Return of the Jeditm and before Star Wars™: The Force Awakenstm. Developed by the industry-leading team at Kabam RPG Studio in San Francisco under the direction of Senior Vice President Aaron Loeb, Star Wars tm: Uprising will allow players to create their own unique character, go on missions, and build their gear and skills, while amassing a powerful crew and cartel to join in large-scale sector-wide battles that dictate the future of the game universe. Players will also be able to engage in real-time co-op with friends against the Empire.

Star Wars: Uprising will introduce a new chapter of the Star Wars™ universe that will illuminate dramatic events in the Anoat Sector, inclusive of Hoth and Cloud City, following the Battle of Endor and the death of the Emperor. Players will learn hundreds of abilities and collect iconic Star Wars gear to create their own takes on the next generation of heroes: Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, Rebel Guerilla, Diplomat, Gambler or something completely unique.

“Star Wars: Uprising is a deep role playing game (RPG) experience that will immerse players in the Star Wars universe during a unique time following the fall of Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine,” said Loeb. “The Kabam RPG Studio has taken its collective experience and passion for role playing games to focus on creating a unique and immersive gameplay experience for Star Wars fans and RPG gamers around the world.”

The Star Wars: Uprising official website is now live at http://playstarwarsuprising.com/, where the game’s first trailer is now posted. By pre-registering, Star Wars fans can help shape the future of the in-game universe and win exclusive prizes such as a storm trooper helmet by voting for in-game content. Star Wars: Uprising will begin a beta roll out in select territories in the upcoming weeks.

The creative power behind the game comes from Kabam RPG Studio in San Francisco, which is made up of the top art, design and storytelling talent from the RPG world, and technical masters from across the video game industry. The team is dedicated to bringing the best RPG experiences to mobile and includes Daniel Erickson, former creative director of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and Danny Keller, Emmy award nominee for Star Wars™: The Clone Wars™. The studio’s most recent game, Spirit Lords, received the highly coveted Editors’ Choice Award on the App Store.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...g-with-the-new-star-wars-uprising-mobile-game

Looks like Disney is actually trying with the new Star Wars: Uprising mobile game
Canon story to reveal post-Return of the Jedi details.

Disney, Lucasfilm and mobile developer Kabam have announced Star Wars: Uprising, a new free-to-play mobile game set after the events of the original film trilogy.

But despite being a mobile game, there are several promising elements about Uprising that may not make it all bad.

For starters, the game is set within the Star Wars universe's new canon - which supersedes all of the previous Expanded Universe stories.

Uprising is set in the remote Anoat Sector, home to familiar locations such as Hoth and Bespin's Cloud City. It reveals the story of what happened next after the Battle of Endor and the death of Emperor Palpatine.

This region of space is controlled by an Imperial governor who is censoring news of the organisation's demise and who still rules with an iron fist.

Kabam exec Aaron Loeb describes Uprising as a dungeon crawler, with game levels to trawl for gear and enemies to defeat via gesture-based combat (thanks, Wired).

You play as your own created character, then team up with others in larger-scale skirmishes to unlock story content for all players.

Better yet, despite being free-to-play, Star Wars: Uprising does not use any kind of stamina system - meaning there is no need to pay to continue playing.

In fact, Kabam has promised there will be no paywalls of any kind and no pay-to-win mechanics.

"Kabam RPG is dedicated to doing what we call 'white hat free-to-play'," explained Daniel Erickson, former creative director of Star Wars: The Old Republic at BioWare (thanks,Venturebeat).

"We still have a system where you can go to the supply guy and get random rolls for loot and gear. But all that loot and gear also drops out in the world."

The reappearance of Bespin suggests Uprising could feature the first new canon appearance for Lando Calrissian, post-Return of the Jedi. But Erickson refused to confirm or deny his appearance.

"You will definitely see particular people make appearances," he teased. "[But] they are not the stars of this thing. The most controlled storylines are obviously what's going to happen to that small handful of people. We know what's going to happen to them, so we can include some of that stuff, but we are not trying to tell that story."

There's no firm release date yet for Star Wars: Uprising other than a vague "autumn" window, although beta testing begins soon in select countries.

Last edited:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
jpg

Is that the Ebon Hawk?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Kabam is an interactive entertainment company founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, CA. The company develops and publishes massively multiplayer social games, including Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon and Kingdoms of Camelot.

:M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Released: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kabam.swat
https://itunes.apple.com/app/star-wars-uprising/id921795947?ls=1&mt=8

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-10-mobile-rpg-star-wars-uprising-out-now

Mobile RPG Star Wars: Uprising is out today on the App Store and Google Play. The title, from Kabam, helps to bridge the narrative gap between the end of Return of the Jedi and the events of new movie, The Force Awakens.

The game is set in the Anoat Sector, a new location in the Star Wars universe, where you'll work with bounty hunters, smugglers and rebels to help crush the Empire following the destruction of the second Death Star and the demise of Emperor Palpatine. You'll also visit Hoth and Cloud City, as you battle against an "ominous new adversary". Probably a really angry ewok.

The Uprising development team includes Daniel Erickson, former creative director of Star Wars: The Old Republic and Danny Keller, Emmy award nominee for Star Wars: The Clone Wars. You'll get to create your own character from a variety of alien races, and we're promised "sector-wide" battles the outcome of which will determine the direction of the game in the future. You can also team up with others for real-time co-op play.

Star Wars: Uprising is free to download, but you can buy in-game items. There's "Tips for the Cantina Band" for £3.99, or "Stormtrooper's Hazard Pay" for £14.99. We'll report back if those cutesy names mask any venal price gouging.

Shammy

Learned
Well for a mobile game it seems like it'll be decent, but mobile games in general tend to be time gated and 'fluffy', so I think I'll pass.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Top In-App Purchases

Goods from Kashyyyk $4.99
Tips For the Cantina Band $4.99
Stormtroopers' Hazard Pay $19.99
A Hutt's Weight in Chromium $99.99
The Bounty on Tam Bastion $29.99
A Day's Work for an Ugnaught $9.99
Corellian Relief Pack $49.99
Tips for the Cantina $4.99
Tips for the Cantina $4.99
Payment for the Kessel Run $49.99

a $100 in-app purchase? :lol:

downloading it now....

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Shoot, roll, shoot, roll, click on HIGHTLED OBJECTS, shoot crates, walk through linear corridor.

That's pretty much it...

13799_500.png

13800_500.png

13801_500.png

It's like baby's first ARR PEE GEE! I guess if you like the roll roll roll of the witcher combat, you might like this...

:M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Jaesun You're pretty handy with these mobile game screenshots.

Did you ever play Ossian's The Shadow Sun?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom