Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
If you're an MMO vet SWTOR might be kindergarten, but trust me, it seems to be really difficult for a lot of people. See them everyy day on The SHIT Eclipse.

Heroic moment cooldown is 5 min now. :lol:
Stealth with Imp Agent to bosses and just hit the 'Fist Up' icon, spam the 4 legacy powers that deals 5k combined damage at lvl 20.

#rekt.
And that's not even necessary with the OP companions.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If you're an MMO vet SWTOR might be kindergarten, but trust me, it seems to be really difficult for a lot of people. See them everyy day on The SHIT Eclipse.

Stealth with Imp Agent to bosses and just hit the 'Fist Up' icon, spam the 4 legacy powers that deals 5k combined damage at lvl 20.

#rekt.

Love the 5 min cooldown on shuttle and heroic moment, it's like every time I need to get anywhere, the shuttle beacon is ready. Definitely makes thing goes much faster and less 'filler' feel to it, because fuck Belsavis and Hoth.

RK47

Patron
swtor%202015-12-20%2006-20-15-72.jpg

:lol: what the fuck

Nael

Arcane

#rekt.

Love the 5 min cooldown on shuttle and heroic moment, it's like every time I need to get anywhere, the shuttle beacon is ready. Definitely makes thing goes much faster and less 'filler' feel to it, because fuck Belsavis and Hoth.

I actually liked Belsavis. Very Labyrinthine.

Hoth is my least favorite planet by a long shot though. Fucking retina searing shit hole of boredom.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
You chose horny princess valium over raspy Twilight Sparkle? How could you!

Still better than my Smugglerette tho, I am stuck with choosing between nothing and Corso nothing.

MrJohnson

Educated
Yesterday I finished my story questline of my female jedi consular. I have completly shot down any male romantics of my followers because JEDI COED. Then I start the rise of the hutt cartel and go full lesbian with that storyline girl and nobody gave a fuck.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Played an IA at launch (I lucked out on getting the best story) for about 3 months then I got bored. Thinking of coming back because I am a bit nostalgic (though I should probably play the Kotors). Is it even remotely worth it, how does it play now?

RK47

Patron
Yesterday I finished my story questline of my female jedi consular. I have completly shot down any male romantics of my followers because JEDI COED. Then I start the rise of the hutt cartel and go full lesbian with that storyline girl and nobody gave a fuck.
5nurud.jpg

Played an IA at launch (I lucked out on getting the best story) for about 3 months then I got bored. Thinking of coming back because I am a bit nostalgic (though I should probably play the Kotors). Is it even remotely worth it, how does it play now?

It's actually better now since you got double EXP and only have to do the class missions to keep up with the planet level range to progress painlessly. Gears are easy to maintain too. Overall, the progression from 1-50 is only hampered by 'fun'.
If you like how the Imperial Agent plays, you might breeze thru it with no issue and somewhat enjoy the plot.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
5nurud.jpg

It's actually better now since you got double EXP and only have to do the class missions to keep up with the planet level range to progress painlessly. Gears are easy to maintain too. Overall, the progression from 1-50 is only hampered by 'fun'.
If you like how the Imperial Agent plays, you might breeze thru it with no issue and somewhat enjoy the plot.
You don't need to maintain gear besides weapon really, game is so fucking easy. Retardedly easy in that I beat (almost) every 'tough' story mission encounter in like 5 seconds just because they don't do damage and have paper thin defenses. Then again there's no actual challenge in solo MMO besides tedium, given that the absolute only thing you need is knowing and doing a really simple rotation.

Well I can't really complain because I chose to play such a game.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Started playing this out of curiosity, and find myself enjoying it. I'm concerned that because I AM enjoying it- will this screw me later in the game as I learned the hard way in STO? Or is this also a "no fun allowed" MMO?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Well uuuuh... no grinding. No need to group. It's basically just a single player game with random fag spamming the chats. Play the story until you get bored and move on. Or start a new char. The only "screw potential" is realizing how shitty free player restrictshuns are. But if you really really really really like it and want to experience more than one class story (thankfully you can skip the repeating parts now), those 15 dorrars are a decent investment.

Nael

Arcane
Heads up to my Codex SWTOR brethren: I moved my characters off The Red Eclipse to Tomb of Freedom Nads (Full PVP server). Red Eclipse is WAAAAAY too busy. Its really difficult to complete quests when there are twenty people trying to activate the same button at the same time.

ToFN seems like a more active type community too. Red Eclipse players seemed like compete scrubs.

Gideon

Novice
Red Eclipse is WAAAAAY too busy. Its really difficult to complete quests when there are twenty people trying to activate the same button at the same time.
lol

Complete opposite in my case. Moved to a busier server because my original server WZ pops were taking 10-30 mins during the times I log in.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Heads up to my Codex SWTOR brethren: I moved my characters off The Red Eclipse to Tomb of Freedom Nads (Full PVP server). Red Eclipse is WAAAAAY too busy. Its really difficult to complete quests when there are twenty people trying to activate the same button at the same time.

ToFN seems like a more active type community too. Red Eclipse players seemed like compete scrubs.
Dude. Stop doing fucking sidequests. Jesus fuck. And come back to Red Eclipse because the only interesting point of an MMO is multiplayer (Flashpoints) with friends.

If you want to play a game with people in the open world, this is seriously not the game you want to play. Go play another MMO.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
You know I got drunk and pre-ordered this back in October 2011. I have never once played it.
I would never have recommended it before (unless you played a stealth class) but currently it's worth a play because you get enough xp that you do not have to grind through dozens of really repetitive typical kill/collect X number of things.

Of course if you don't give a shit about Star Wars storyline then don't play it. That's really the only point of playing SWTOR... experiencing the storylines for each class.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Well uuuuh... no grinding. No need to group. It's basically just a single player game with random fag spamming the chats. Play the story until you get bored and move on. Or start a new char. The only "screw potential" is realizing how shitty free player restrictshuns are. But if you really really really really like it and want to experience more than one class story (thankfully you can skip the repeating parts now), those 15 dorrars are a decent investment.
Flashpoints with people you know are fun, though. I should've organized more of those :|

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member

The Shit Eclipse is a zoo of stupid. Only playing on ToFN these days as well.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Seems like the update has made EXP/loot grinding extremely easier than before. Free teleport button to the Heroic mission, and the +2's can be solo'd. Enemy difficulty has been turned down drastically, has anyone noticed this? Derping around on my lvl.35 Mercenary and any heroic quest is just destroyed like any other normal quest, though my HP drops to 80% instead of 98%. Game tells me my XP gathering will be lowered, but overall it feels adequate. I suppose it'll come to a crawl later on in the 50's and so on, but it seems decent, honestly. No idea what servers you guys drop in, I'll have to check up where I'm at and let y'all know.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
Seems like the update has made EXP/loot grinding extremely easier than before. Free teleport button to the Heroic mission, and the +2's can be solo'd. Enemy difficulty has been turned down drastically, has anyone noticed this? Derping around on my lvl.35 Mercenary and any heroic quest is just destroyed like any other normal quest, though my HP drops to 80% instead of 98%. Game tells me my XP gathering will be lowered, but overall it feels adequate. I suppose it'll come to a crawl later on in the 50's and so on, but it seems decent, honestly. No idea what servers you guys drop in, I'll have to check up where I'm at and let y'all know.
If you start a character from scratch and are subscribed you'll hit level 50 before Chapter 3 easily, even if you ignore most of the 'side' quests. You'll likely be max level before you start any of the latest stuff as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom