Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Battlefront

Deakul

Augur
So they stay true to the source material. AT-AT legs can't turn, they can only walk forward. They probably can sidestep a little, but turning this way would take hours.

A little maneuverability wouldn't hurt anybody, especially when you can't aim just A LITTLE MORE TO THE RIGHT so you can shoot those fuckers you see at the corner of your firing arc.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Exactly. I'll keep repeating it but the strength of the original game was how elegant it is: no bullshit powerups, leveling up, unlocking classes or weapons... nope, you pick a character, a place to spawn and you pop up there. Shoot the bad guys until you win, and if you die you respawn and do it all again.
You can apply this to every, and literally every multiplayer shooter. Yeah, it fucking sucks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's a fucking game, for fucks sake.. Let it go.

And tame that asperger's of yours. TAME IT.
Hardly aspie level. It's common sense. Aspie level is like bemoaning some particular rebel pilot isn't represented in the order of battle or a decal is missing on one of the fighters.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So the game is still good and fun, just "not what it could have been"? Ok, got it.

I wonder how much this will make. Probably fuckloads. Tie in with the release of the force awakens

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hardly aspie level. It's common sense. Aspie level is like bemoaning some particular rebel pilot isn't represented in the order of battle or a decal is missing on one of the fighters.

Some stormtroopers are women. We can now blame bad Empire performance on the weaker sex.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I don't think someone shilling for the new EA PEW PEW MANSHOOTA is in any position to say what games are or aren't shit.

Shilling? Lol. Take your head out of your ass, please.

I'm stating the facts, deal with it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Some stormtroopers are women. We can now blame bad Empire performance on the weaker sex.
lolwat. Weren't they all supposed to be clones of that jango fett guy? Do they make some hilariously bad attempt at explaining mass trannyfication or is it just handwaved as "Vader is a progressive employer"?

I don't really give many shits. But I thought the game was supposed to stay true to the source material outside vader/luke being killed 5-6 times every battle.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
lolwat. Weren't they all supposed to be clones of that jango fett guy? Do they make some hilariously bad attempt at explaining mass trannyfication or is it just handwaved as "Vader is a progressive employer"?

I don't really give many shits. But I thought the game was supposed to stay true to the source material outside vader/luke being killed 5-6 times every battle.

My grasp on the canon is tenuous. But I think by the time of the empire the storm troopers were formed mostly of conscripts taken from human imperial worlds.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Googled it because curious

Despite the influx of new troopers from various sources, the ranks remained dominated by Human males, thus reflecting the New Order's Human High Culture. By 0 BBY, roughly one-third of the stormtroopers were clones based on the Fett template, while recruits steadily became the majority within the Stormtrooper Corps.[20] Service in the Stormtrooper Corps was open to both Human men and women, but female stormtroopers were an extremely rare sight under Palpatine's reign and on average there were never more than three female stormtroopers within a whole legion.[1].[21] In spite of this disparity, some female troopers served in elite units, such as the Coruscant Guard.[22]

Female stormtroopers underwent the same hard training as their male counterparts. Only the best of the best recruits were selected for the stormtrooper corps. Once accepted into the stormtrooper corps, every trooper was treated as an equal. There were no differences between males and females. They even shared the same barracks. Wearing the exact same white stormtrooper armor, one could not distinguish between a male or female stormtrooper.[1]

A clone legion consisted of 9,216 troops, normally headed by a Jedi General and a Senior clone commander.

Ok, so they existed, but were rare (3 in 9216) enough to explain why we never saw any before. Bonus points because EA doesn't even have to make a separate model for them. Carry on.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Now we know why Rebels lose Hoth

starwarsbattlefront%202015-10-12%2020-55-45-37.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Because puggers don't use turrets/ships when the AT-AT shields are down and don't know to aim for the neck/leg joints?

Caim

Arcane
Now we know why Rebels lose Hoth

starwarsbattlefront%202015-10-12%2020-55-45-37.jpg
All rebel demolition troopers in Battlefront 1 are black, and all snipers are women. Now all we need is for the engineers to be hispanic and the regular troopers asian and we'd have an entire rainbow of diversity.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeh. Save orbital strikes/rockets. Once walker shields are down, shoot for legs/neck. Profit. afaik your powerups will even persist through death so you're pretty much guaranteed to be able to use them.

Failing that, a single aircraft attack run from the side shooting at the neck will chunk an AT-AT for ~40% of its HP.
The problem is all the idiots who shoot the torso with blaster rifles instead of being useful.

Cadmus

Arcane
This engine looks so good! If only the game wasn't so fucking horrible. Messy, flashing numbers everywhere, RANK UP, MASTER SEARGANT SHOOTER PERSON TO THE XTREME!
Everything is shit.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
This engine looks so good! If only the game wasn't so fucking horrible. Messy, flashing numbers everywhere, RANK UP, MASTER SEARGANT SHOOTER PERSON TO THE XTREME!
Everything is shit.

Is this the first time you have seen a "modern" FPS? :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom