Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Battlefront

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Color blind support? What?

Ho, i get now why this game is total shit. It was made with inclusivity in mind so even disabled or retarded people can play it. I mean, right?

Ho wait, that's how ever game is made nowadays.

pippin

It's not the first time he complains about stuff like that. Many people, even before SJWs, have been saying it's better if a game includes a colorblind mode, like how having options for subtitles helps the hearing impaired.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i watched the whole video, and apparently this game has no skill ceiling whatsoever. Is this common? I had no idea modern shooters were this bad. Is Battlefield like this too?

I mean, an online shooter, where being good at shooting is besides the point. I just can't wrap my brain around that concept.

Dexter

Arcane
So i watched the whole video, and apparently this game has no skill ceiling whatsoever. Is this common? I had no idea modern shooters were this bad. Is Battlefield like this too?

I mean, an online shooter, where being good at shooting is besides the point. I just can't wrap my brain around that concept.
Battlefield up to 3 at least were actually pretty good, this doesn't have anything to do with that. It's just stupid and has no complexity: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/star-wars-battlefront.85114/page-9#post-4168382

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
TB has cancer. Disregard his opinion, as it is edgy and not objective.

Battlefront is pretty damn fun and cool. It has stuff that it lacks, but I trust it will be fixed in time.

And yea, it's alot more arcadey this time around. If you don't like that, then the game probably isn't for you

And of course the game has a skill ceiling. Otherwies everybody would be perfect at hitting targets and controlling power ups, holding capture points and otherwise using the map.

Sothpaw

Learned
Tried the "beta" a few weeks ago. Graphics are great. Everything else is terrible. It's dumbed down even compared to other modern shooters.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Battlefront is pretty damn fun and cool. It has stuff that it lacks, but I trust it will be fixed in time.

And yea, it's alot more arcadey this time around. If you don't like that, then the game probably isn't for you

And of course the game has a skill ceiling. Otherwies everybody would be perfect at hitting targets and controlling power ups, holding capture points and otherwise using the map.

..Are you being paid by EA or something?

Yeah, because if I don't immidiately fucking hate everything about this game, I must be a raging fanboy from EA right?

Moron.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Are you playing a character? Because this level of stupid is just too good to be real. Carefully getting my jimmies rustled, but not too much, just in case it turns out you are a troll.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Are you playing a character? Because this level of stupid is just too good to be real. Carefully getting my jimmies rustled, but not too much, just in case it turns out you are a troll.

Just sorting the bullshit non-factual statements from truth. That's all. But because you say thingsss, they must be true, though, right? I suppose you haven't even played the game yet.

Never said the game doesn't have alot of flaws. It does. But the fun outweighs alot of em. And when the bad stuff gets fixed, which it eventually will, this game will be pretty great.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Look man I have 20 hours in the game and have a 80% win rate. This game is simplistic, dumbed down, and full of random happenstance. It's not that good, and its leagues worse than Battlefront 2 with the exception of visuals and sound.

I am not denying the fact that the game is more simple than previous installments, as I said. And it does have it fair of share of flaws and bugs right NOW, a week after release. But, Not every fucking game needs to require a degree in rocket science and chess mastery to be enjoyable. Just because it isn't perfect, doesn't mean it's not fun or an enjoyable game.

Destroid

Arcane
Maybe modders will fix it? Great graphics and shit game is a good candidate for this. BF2 had some great mods.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just because it isn't perfect, doesn't mean it's not fun or an enjoyable game.
Then why not play a more near-perfect game that is more fun and enjoyable?
I don't want to shut my brain off everytime to be able to somehow enjoy the latest modern popamole multiplayer shooter.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I don't want to shut my brain off everytime to be able to somehow enjoy the latest modern popamole multiplayer shooter.

Because there are no near perfect star wars fps shooters other than this one. And no, not battlefront 1 or 2.

Like i said, this game has some thinking going on in combat

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Because there are no near perfect star wars fps shooters other than this one. And no, not battlefront 1 or 2.
*ahem*
Dark_Forces_box_cover.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This might be worth a buy a year from now with all dlc if battlefield 5 will not be here.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

*ahem*
Dark_Forces_box_cover.jpg

No, that's not one either. Although it's good, it's also incredibly old by now. Also singleplayer. So can't really compare. I was talking about multi.player shooters.

Color blind support? What?

Ho, i get now why this game is total shit. It was made with inclusivity in mind so even disabled or retarded people can play it. I mean, right?

Ho wait, that's how ever game is made nowadays.

Fuck you - Witcher 3's colour blind mode was one of the best things that happened to me and my inability to distinguish the red and green parts of the spectrum (yes, red camoflauges with green for me. Being forced to play cricket at school in Australia was fucking awful).

But it's also pretty sensible. You have 2 UI colours that are the most easily distinguishable opposites for most of the population. For a solid 1/3 of the male population, however, they are nearly indistinguishable. Yes, I mean 1/3 of guys - not all are quite so colour blind as me (I seem to be lacking the cones for a massive chunk of the green spectrum, so for most red/green combos, I just see it as red).

All 'colour blind mode' does usually is let you swap the red/green UI circles for a different pair of colours. It's the kind of customisation that should have been standard decades ago.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lol sorry bro, but i really don't give a shit.

Besides, the joke was that modern games are made for retards.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
No, that's not one either. Although it's good, it's also incredibly old by now. Also singleplayer. So can't really compare. I was talking about multi.player shooters.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/367270/?l=dutch
It's not Star Wars and it's Early Access, but it shows more promise than nuBattlefront.

Lol are you even kidding me. Generic sy-fi shootan with some SPACE combat sprinkled on. Graphics looks shit, sound shit, animations look shit. Yeah ok, EA. And it has 'MUH battlefield experience. Mmh sure. I get that people would want battlefront to play like battlefield, but those are not game sare not trying to be similar.

But like I said, I don't disagree with some of the criticisms pointed at battlefront. I'm not saying I wouldn't like abit more stuff to do and try when playing, but I'm still having alot of fun with the game, regardless of the lack of stuff and the more arcadey feel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom