Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Sentinel Tactics from Matrix

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

<a href="http://www.starsentineltactics.com/flash/index.php" target="_blank"><strong>Star Sentinel Tactics</strong></a> just made the move to <a href="http://www.matrixgames.com/news/734/Star.Sentinel.Tactics.Is.Released" target="_blank">Matrix</a> after an original release on Impulse.
<blockquote>Matrix Games, Tri Synergy (www.trisynergy.com) and Star Sentinel Tactics Inc. (www.starsentineltactics.com) are proud to announce the release of Star Sentinel Tactics! Star Sentinel Tactics is a turn-based tactical game that puts you in command of a squad of elite United Alliance marines - the Star Sentinels - as they battle to stop a race of bloodthirsty reptilians launching a devastating attack on our Galaxy!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said &ldquo;Star Sentinel Tactics delivers solid turn-based tactical gameplay in a classic sci-fi setting. Gamers looking to set their blasters to kill and head into space need look no further!&rdquo;

Star Sentinel Tactics takes the classic turn-based tactical combat strategy games, and brings them bang up to date with 3d graphics, realistic line-of-sight, an engaging story, and an array of new weapons and enemies. This is sci-fi tactical combat at its purest with all the focus on leading your soldiers through varied and engaging tactical situations to ultimately save life as we know it!</blockquote>

YourConscience

Scholar
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Has anyone actually bought/played this yet? It excites me deep down inside, but I want Codex/TCancer opinions before I splash out.

I think we all agreed already that this:

This is 100% pure tactical combat, with no base-building, no research trees, no resource management and no strategic planning and absolutely no random encounters.

is a no-go for most of us. At best a game like this can equal Incubation, but then again we have incubation already...

Better have a look here, just discovered it today:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SPG/starpoint-gemini

Would like to have opinions as well, but since its release is due in a few weeks I doubt anyone will have informed opinions so far.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Fair enough, I enjoy the strategic layer and I do think these games benefit greatly from it, but my favourite aspect's always been the tactical combat itself, and I certainly won't overlook any of the few games released these days that incorporate it. If that's been pulled off well, I'm definitely willing to give it a go, and as someone who dabbles in modding, the toolset aspect intrigues me. Hopefully there'll be a demo up at some point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom