Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The amount of content isn't their biggest problem right now. They need to get the performance under control and sort the party system out. I had fun playing with friends too, but it plays like shit even on beast PCs and squading up is a goddamn chore.
Yup. I keep banging my head on the wall on the SC reddit every time I try to explain that 10 - 15 fps on a reasonably beefy rig isn't fucking good.. But the excuse I keep getting is "Lol get a better pc" when I'm on a GTX 1060 with 18 gigs of ram.
Get yourself a nice Voodoo 3000,it is really high end video card.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
3.1 patch released. I just played for a half hour or so, travelled to Yela and picked up some cargo, accepted a mission, got interdicted by pirates and then crashed to desktop while fighting them. Performance seems roughly the same but maybe a little better, still low frames (~20-25 fps) and stuttering. Good quality of life stuff added like polishing the mobiglass and being able to sign out in your ship bed. The game feels a little bit more alive because of the player generated contracts, greater variety of missions with better payouts, and the pirate's have banter and fight much more aggressively now.

The moon surfaces got touched up

dVwWZeh.jpg

Last edited:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The amount of content isn't their biggest problem right now. They need to get the performance under control and sort the party system out. I had fun playing with friends too, but it plays like shit even on beast PCs and squading up is a goddamn chore.
Yup. I keep banging my head on the wall on the SC reddit every time I try to explain that 10 - 15 fps on a reasonably beefy rig isn't fucking good.. But the excuse I keep getting is "Lol get a better pc" when I'm on a GTX 1060 with 18 gigs of ram.
So you aren't getting a better computer?
To be fair by the time the game actually launches those will be totally sensible minimum requirements.

Project: Eternity
Going by previous pages game is bottlenecked by CPU or ram(probably both) not graphic card. Granted 100% ram usage on 16 gb shows shinning future of star citizen in era of neverending growth of ram prices.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Going by previous pages game is bottlenecked by CPU or ram(probably both) not graphic card. Granted 100% ram usage on 16 gb shows shinning future of star citizen in era of neverending growth of ram prices.

Then it will never work better, because better cpu's are not physicaly possible since 8 years and it looks like it won't change.

Then it will never work better, because better cpu's are not physicaly possible since 8 years and it looks like it won't change.
A couple of Around the Verse episodes go into excruciatingly autistic details about how they're solving bottlenecks and performance issues. Stuff only a programmer will appreciate.

Project: Eternity
They are possible its just not easy or cheap anymore and until recently intel had no pressure to bother making better CPUs at all.

:Flash:

Arcane

Last year the only remaining consortium researching extreme ultraviolet range lithography (ASML, Zeiss, Trumpf) announced that they had reached a breakthrough and they would be ready to deliver the technology in the not too distant future. That should make it possible to create chips near the physical limits. So one more leap in technology with the following incremental improvements can be expected before the physical limits of electron-based chip design is reached.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Seems they are really tightening the screws on refunds since the beginning of this year. People are complaining about even worse stall tactics than usual by CS incl. cheap tricks like closing support tickets without resolution due to „inactivity“.

Cash must be really tight at CGI now. If anyone of you is still in this mess and wants to get out without a major hassle (lawyer), time may be running out.

Last edited:

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Who the fuck designs a helmet that lets the Mohawk out in Space?
That must be one of the features™ of Star Citizen.

Also, I can imagine how hilarious questing would look like with dozen of people doing stupid shit in front of your face while you speak to NPCs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom