Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

justincz

Scholar
what on earth are you blabbering about?

None of those facial animations look that great. I'm not entirely sure why, but something about their eyes just looks... off. It'd take someone with knowledge of how faces and animations work and all that crap to make a more detailed observation than "I don't like it boooooooo" but that's my opinion, anyway.

Intrigued007

Educated
Gonna buy myself a King Tiger to defend myself against space pirates!

The concept art isn't even that great for these tanks. They look like something from the 20th century, being even designed worse from a tactical standpoint with all the shot traps. Definitely not something I'd expect to see in an advanced era of technology; they look so out of place compared to the ships. Also, all the JPEGs are the same for the sales.

Who am I kidding? These tanks won't ever actually see the light of day in game, especially considering they still haven't even finished all the space ship concepts they've already sold. Much less actually balanced anything.

I just can't take CIG seriously when they keep adding features through sales rather than focusing on actually delivering a semi-playable product. While I don't play Elite: Dangerous because I don't really find it fun (I don't think I'd find SC fun, either, simply because space sims are kinda boring to me), I at least have respect for them delivering a great base game and adding additional features through DLC/xpacs as they go. Considering SC and ED were pretty much starting development at the same time, I've gotta say that ED takes the cake, since it's an actual playable game.

And no, SC's alpha is not a playable game by any acceptable terms. Its a bug ridden, content void mess that is still slightly more than a glorified tech demo. It reminds me of the old games that use to come with GPUs back in the late 90s; they weren't really "games", as much as they were to show off the things the GPU could do.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Star Citizen is now selling tanks to defend the land you can purchase.

https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-now-selling-tanks

Up next John Deere vehicles to landscape your front and back lawn. :M

They look like something from the 20th century, being even designed worse from a tactical standpoint with all the shot traps.

They're better than most video game tanks, like the Halo tank.

One thing they do highlight is how low real tanks are, which alongside a few other things make practical tanks nothing like what most people would expect of a cool looking tank. Those bring to a mind a futuristic Sherman.

It doen't really bother me. It's like modern warships. I don't care how much more deadly and capable they may be, they don't look like what a warship should, like a good old fashion WWII or earlier gunship fits as.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Based on the new sq42 website this is the minimum requirement for sq42, likely for SC too.

Windows 7 (64bit) with Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64bit), Windows 10 - Anniversary Update (64bit)
DirectX 11 Graphics Card with 2GB RAM (4GB strongly recommended)
Quad Core CPU
16GB+ RAM
SSD strongly recommended

16gb ram :D

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Squadron 42 for the single player and dual universe for the multiplayer

screw star citizen !

Morkar Left

Based on the new sq42 website this is the minimum requirement for sq42, likely for SC too.

Windows 7 (64bit) with Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64bit), Windows 10 - Anniversary Update (64bit)
DirectX 11 Graphics Card with 2GB RAM (4GB strongly recommended)
Quad Core CPU
16GB+ RAM
SSD strongly recommended

Pretty low requirements. You will probably have a difficult time to downgrade your hardware enough to play the game when it's released.

Intrigued007

Educated
This honestly wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact, I kind of unironically expect it.

Furthermore, I would expect the Star Shitizen cult to eat it up entirely.

"Well, planets will have resources to fight over, cause that was a stretch goal, and you'll need tractors to plow the crops you'll be using the tanks to protect from the space ships that you make in the starbases you can build with the resources you get from the tractors you make in the factories you build from planetary mining you must do in the mining ships you purchase ..."

Oh and also ...

"You don't have to purchase them. They'll be free in-game when it comes out, don't be jealous because you haven't gone $30,000 in debt like everyone else who plays the game. Its just a donation to support the game's development, its not actually a purchase of items of goods."

SC's development smacks of the children's song that starts with the tree and the hole in the ground. You can literally go on and on forever, until someone has the sense to say "that's enough".

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
CR said two years ago that the game will have tanks.
Ahem.

DRl9Uz8VQAEXMBf.jpg:large
it seems they're still working on subsumption.

Perkel

Arcane

Why are people shocked about 16 GB of ram ?

Bigger thing is SSD being required as "minimum". I am assuming that SQ42 will be something like 150-200GB so you will need to buy SSD for one game alone and nature of game will be that everything will be streamed so with normal HDD you will stutter constantly as they want 4k assets for everything.

From very start RSI wanted next Crysis impact in therms of graphics and it was main reason why they started project as PC game rather than console game.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Patch 3.0 now open to all backers :incline:

I managed to get it installed before work but it crashes on launch :negative:Hopefully will be able to get it running this evening and post impressions

Beyond all of the (most likely crippling) technical problems, I would be curious to hear if 3.0 has any value as an actual video game. If memory serves, I own the game courtesy of a graphics card promotional deal so I'm at least marginally curious if 3.0 isn't total garbage.

AN4RCHID

Arcane

Wew lads. I guess this puts to rest the engine question - this is obviously a hacked together demo in the exact same 3.0 branch of lumberyard as the PTU. Environments look fantastic, but id wager that AI and mission scripting was about as faked as can be. I give it another 5 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom