Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
They probably should've put it on Kickstarter to get more visibility.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Eternity made $700,000+ in the first day.

I have to say his pitch is probably the better ones we have EVER seen so far. This dude did his homework. But the not being on KS thing might make the road a bit bumpy.

MetalCraze

Arcane
From the director of Wing Commander movie

starring Freddy Prince Jr.

Comes yet another free 2 play MMO

It's so fucking free 2 play you must pay before it's even ready

It has no physics, pew pew lasers, engine sounds and downwards gravity in space

Bringing space simulation into 21st century

Donate now. Be a man like Morgoth.

In space no one can hear you hypocrite.

Jashiin

Arcane
I just can't feel any excitement for this though I probably should.

mm fucking o :(

Bruticis

Its not a MMO you double niggers
Star Citizen—which will be free-to-play—takes ancient Rome as its inspiration, ushering players into a society where people have to earn their citizenship rather than having it automatically granted to them. In the game's online world, you gain that citizenship status by fulfilling certain roles.
Star Citizen will implement a dynamic economy that rewards non-military achievement, too. So, if you're an explorer who finds a jump point—folds in space that let travelers take advantage of to travel faster—you can sell the route and get naming rights.
It's not?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
It also gonna have off-line singleplayer campaign/game called Squadron 42.

Bruticis

It also gonna have off-line singleplayer campaign/game called Squadron 42.
I'm sure that will be fantastic too, because why wouldn't a company pushing F2P MP shit focus on the quality of the single player campaign.

Jashiin

Arcane
I'll get someone to pledge for me, but I don't have any faith in this being what I want. I will support it because it could give rise to a game that at least tries to rival Elite 2.

Honestly, I have more faith in Notch's space game.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Why an MMO Chris, just why?

:rage:

It does look pretty though.

Also fuck physics, if I want to play Elite. I'll play fucking Elite.

Renegen

Arcane
The real problem with MMOs or F2P is not that you're forced to interact with other slimy, despicable humans, it's that the business models behind MMOs and F2P just make the game a pain to play. There's really no way to make a fun F2P game.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The real problem with MMOs or F2P is not that you're forced to interact with other slimy, despicable humans, it's that the business models behind MMOs and F2P just make the game a pain to play. There's really no way to make a fun F2P game.
TF2 and and Tribes aren't bad, but really that's 2 examples in a sea of shit.

GreyViper

Prophet

TRULY EPIC.
250px-Mark_Hamill.jpg

Keshik

Arcane
Roberts has always seemed to like grand SP campaigns, at least in the WC games (dunno about the Lancer games), though, so the SP side might not be utter crap.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Clearly you haven't played WC for a long time

I'd rather play Freelancer, at least there ships don't feel like wooden logs (most of the time) and missions are something else but "kill 5 enemies"

But both of them share one thing that Squadron 42 does not have.

You didn't have to pay real money for virtual gun upgrades

Also fuck physics, if I want to play Elite. I'll play fucking Elite.

Elite has physics? :lol:

Oh yeah a game from 80s... how can it not to

Jashiin

Arcane
This actualy is perfectly timed to net both disgruntled mass effect fans and everyone burned on TOR wanting that Star Wars experience.

turul

Augur
Ahh, motherf.. posted a duplicate thread. I didn't see his video posted (this is not only the trailer)
Star Citizen - Announcement - GDC 2012 Panel

skip to 24 min. to see the game in action.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom