Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

:Flash:

Arcane
Dkpfw9sWsAUfgRT.jpg

Oh boy :D
Are they referring to Amazon when they say third party developer?
No, Amazon didn't need to get the CryEngine code from RSI, they already had it. They are referring to the incredible jungle of Chris Roberts owned companies as well as hired outside studios.
https://starcitizen.tools/Development_Team

:Flash:

Arcane
Yeah, the Youtube lawyer who predicted the judge would throw out the entire case because Chris Roberts is so great now says that the reason his prediction was wrong is that the judge with a track record of similar cases doesn't know how licensing agreements work, instead she should have asked him, the super lawyer who tries to live off patreon donations.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah, the Youtube lawyer who predicted the judge would throw out the entire case because Chris Roberts is so great now says that the reason his prediction was wrong is that the judge with a track record of similar cases doesn't know how licensing agreements work, instead she should have asked him, the super lawyer who tries to live off patreon donations.
Hahahaha,yeah that guys is pretty incompetent. I just post it to show that the case is going on and was too lazy to search for other sources. I would love to see the suit going in full force,the drama will be amusing at best :) .

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
After staving off refundians with canned messages for months, they now seem to have stopped responding to refund requests entirely.

There are rumours saying that they shafted almost the entire CS department, leaving only a skeleton crew that deals with high profile whales.

I hope none of you have more than 50 dollars invested in this trainwreck.

I got a copy of the game with a graphics card I got a few years back. I was gonna get the card anyway and the included games didn't bother me either way. So, if this somehow doesn't turn out to be a total flop then I can recover my account and play a very ambitious game, and if not, then I lost nothing. I'd consider myself pretty lucky in this whole mess.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I hope none of you have more than 50 dollars invested in this trainwreck.
WOULD YOU NOT SPEND 10 MILLION DOLLARS TO OWN YOUR OWN DIGITAL MOON? A MAN HAS TO DREAM, DOESN'T HE? CAN YOU HONESTLY CRITICIZE ME FOR DREAMING???!
:negative:
You can't be serious mate! Every serious Space Whale would also buy a nice defensive fleet for a few millions! Only a dwarf sperm whale will buy only a moon!

DeepOcean

Arcane
If I teleported to 2012 and told my 06 year younger self the disaster crowdfunding would end up being, no way I would believe people would be so incompetent and the lengths they would go to save their own asses. The amount of predatory cynicism Chris Roberts crew is showing is mind boggling. I think they must be on some collective delusion that they aren't fooling people, committing fraud, and will release this game someday.

If you think about, the whole kickstarter thing was a big fraud, some developers did more, others did less but most lied with zero shame when they thought they would need it. So much for the EVAL publishers meme. In the end, most are fucking assholes when it is about the bottom line.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well if that whole Kickstarter craze has told us one thing, it's that you need someone breathing down your neck to get shit done. Ceativity needs constraints in terms of time and money to really flourish.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's Daikatana all over again. And if history is anything to go by, once development goes into this kind of hell there's little chance they'll get out of it.

Beastro

Arcane
Star Citizen only pushed the barrier of how people are willing to spend on someone else dream, its never going to be released because Chris Roberts wants it to have everything and the kitchen sink no matter what limitations there are, they build things backyards (its unbelievable stupid to create a game were framerate stability isnt the primary concern but the fucking models, this is why people call it a slide-show since are talking about single digits frame rates) and since everything must be on release, there is nothing to expand upon really and expanding is MMO extended life, did the game really needed a fucking mining system at launch? did it need all the systems to be there BEFORE the basic system is even completed?

Something forgotten in such a process is that all games have a life cycle and will fade away and die. When it comes to MMOs, everyone wants to live in the bygone Classic era but that passes after a few years at most and can never come back, the culture that made it beloved will change because the population will change as well as many returning (and I'd argue MMO culture for over 10 years has been vile lacking everything that made MMOs so special to begin with).

Even if they manage to make this and release it 100% the way Roberts wants it, is the cost worth such a relatively brief period of time?

If you're flying a current-generation fighter jet, and you have to aim your gun manually, you already lost. Everything else is computer controlled. Even the controls are fly-by-wire.

Real war is boring. Games only want to touch on it just enough to satisfy the players demand for verisimilitude and that goes for any game trying to imitate reality.

The amount of predatory cynicism Chris Roberts crew is showing is mind boggling. I think they must be on some collective delusion that they aren't fooling people, committing fraud, and will release this game someday.

Sociopaths are such great liars because the first person they deceive is them-self~

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's Daikatana all over again. And if history is anything to go by, once development goes into this kind of hell there's little chance they'll get out of it.
Well, 20 years after fans decided to mod Daikatana to be playable and almost fun. Maybe that'll happen to Star Citizen in 20 or so years. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom