Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

AA2 like most ShoC mods works with 1.0004 version (other works with 1.0005 and nothing works on 1.0006). I guess Steam version is 1.0005?
It's 1.0006 and it says that it works with it in AA2 description, so what the fuck..

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They lied.
If mod does not work on 1.0004 then Steam is to blame.
Or get the game repacks like normal human being and stop feeding Siergey

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, you need to downgrade steam SHOC to 1.0004 to use most SHOC mods painlessly.

1.0005 and 1.0006 were both multiplayer patches that broke a lot of mod stuff.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
What? No, AA2 is made for 1.0006. It won't work on any other version of the game below that. Forget about 1.0004.
Shadow of Chernobyl doesn't have Call of Pripyat's slot system, so you can't equip two machine guns/a shotgun. You're limited to a pistol and a machine gun/shotgun. A few mods attempted to bring Call of Pripyat's slot system to Shadow of Chernobyl but it never really worked.

Best graphics mods for ZRP are the Absolute Nature/Structure packs but even then they're pretty dated and are not great compared to their Call of Pripyat counterparts.

What? No, AA2 is made for 1.0006. It won't work on any other version of the game below that. Forget about 1.0004.

Thanks, I almost went for yet another install. :D So making AA2 work for me is basically impossible. Guess I'll just forget about SoC altogether and stick to CoP. Not like SoC is particularly good anyway, just got nostalgic for some dumb reason.

Black Plague

Arbiter
Damn you, made me reinstall SOC+AA2.1. Works fine. With 1.0006 like it says in the anti-millennial installer. I hope you're not installing in Program Files or another protected location, stalker doesn't like that. It should attempt to log errors though.

What do you take me for? Of course I have a separate "Games" folder. I did everything that was needed + the suggestions found by googling, like launching vanilla game before installing mod and deleting sweetfx files. Nothing works.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Must just be the AMK edition of Autumn Aurora that requires 1.0004 then. Makes sense, as AMK was designed for 1.0004.

As for AA2, could you post the xray log file error?

Silva

Arcane
Stumbled with this "Roadside Picnic" add-on for Call of Chernobyl mod. It seems the idea to make the zone desolate (0.25 the amount of life), anomalies more dangerous, and artifacts more rare and powerful, while being beautiful and atmospheric so you chill out seein the sunset.

Anyone tried it?

Thanks, I almost went for yet another install. :D So making AA2 work for me is basically impossible. Guess I'll just forget about SoC altogether and stick to CoP. Not like SoC is particularly good anyway, just got nostalgic for some dumb reason.

good lord what?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this just a mod discussion thread or general discussion thread, too? I'm playing this and getting rekt a lot. I went underground and I'm scared as shit.

First time getting into the series.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
yes that is normal

are you playing on master?
Yes, but I am only doing that because it seems to be the most recommended difficulty to play on. I'm basically standing behind walls and scoping things when I can. I also shit my pants when dogs attack me as I have an unhealthy phobia for them in real life.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
. I also shit my pants when dogs attack me as I have an unhealthy phobia for them in real life.
hoo boy, you gonna have really hard time in the Zone because there are three types of dogs and all of them are ultra annoying and lethal. Even basic one (blind dogs) can wreck your shit the more they gather themselves around player.

speaking about damage and difficulty - it might be different in mods but vanilla goes that way
9d167012de.png

no idea when people started thinking that Metro 2033 damage system was in STALKER but it's not here

In case of doubt - go with headshots
Shotgun work against everything, headshots also recommended.

Plisken

Learned
Another Gunslinger update of the IL 86, this time showcasing its Underbarrel Grenade Launcher!

latest

I hope no one is hanging out for this mod to be eventually released. It's a glorified weapon pack for CoP. The problem is once you cum in your panties over gimmicks like 3D optics and safety catch animations and what not, you're left with the same old CoP you've played exhaustively. No new quests, same old AI, same fucking maps, same old same old.

I don't understand the western modding scene's fascination with weapon packs. I like more weapon variety and preferably more realism as much as the next guy, but it's like a new coat of paint on a very old car. The mod tools available must make it very hard to do new quests or maps, that's the only explanation I can think of for why in 10 years of active modding for this series, the is a grand total of like 3 out of the 100 or so self contained mod projects that have produced new content to play in.

Multidirectional hey mate, I saw you crash at launch. I had the same issues month ago. You probably installed the game correctly. Try adding these:

-nointro -noprefetch -noshadows

in the target box of your icon

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Interested in playing all the STALKER games yet again. What are the best, minimal mods for the game? That is, stuff that fixes bugs and/or adds minor, consistent visual enhancement. I usually use Complete but I feel like there must be something better at this point.

chobbes

Educated
Let's talk about the Call of Misery - Last Day mod
This is a Russian-made modpack for Call of Misery.
English translations are in progress, but the game is very much playable with little issues.

To install Last Day, download and install these in order:

- Call of Chernobyl - main files, 1.4.12
- Call of Chernobyl - patch, 1.4.16
- Call of Misery - main files, 1.0d fix2
- Last Day - main files
- Last Day - translation files

I've been playing this for about one week with the following add-ons :
- New Menu and Load Screen Graphic
- Minimap Re-enabled
- Expensive Artefacts
- Larger Inventory Cell Size

So far, this has to be the ultimate iteration of the Stalker-Misery series.
It is the definitive mod-pack for the unofficial Misery mod for CoC.

It's a much more expansive game world than the recent Misery 2.2.
Lots of weapons, ammo types, armors, medicine and new enemies.

I started as a Loner with Cordon as the starting area.
As usual the combat is very unforgiving and everything is very expensive.
Picked up a lousy condition shotgun and eliminated the military base.
Did some mutant hunting quests with the Garbage Depo trader, its a good way to earn some income.
I lugged all the leftover guns and armor from the fallen enemies and sold them to a certain trader for good profit.

Now rocking a AK-74 with scope and silencer, a TOZ-34 and NBC armor.
Loving every moment of it.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I also shit my pants when dogs attack me as I have an unhealthy phobia for them in real life.
My brother got that phobia after dog attacked him when he was 12, screamed diring nights. After some years we took him to - dunno right translation - old wise woman? sage? something like that, and she helped him - she lights a candle, and drops of melted wax fall on the water, forming a pattern of what scared him, it was a dog, and he remembered that one dog suddenly attacked him few year ago. After that he was fine, didn't scream diring night anymore.

I recommed you, if by phobia you mean same, to find something similar, that might help.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Let's talk about the Call of Misery - Last Day mod
This is a Russian-made modpack for Call of Misery.
English translations are in progress, but the game is very much playable with little issues.
Tried it, was gut but progress was even slower than original CoM. Might come back when I get bored and cure old CoM burnout.

- Expensive Artefacts
I was thinking about getting this minimod, arts in CoM were cheap like hell and even scientists did not paid more for them for some reason so hauling your overloaded ass into their camps was a waste of time.

It's a much more expansive game world than the recent Misery 2.2.
Lots of weapons, ammo types, armors, medicine and new enemies.
that's because there is no The Armed Zone add-on for Mis2.2 yet, and it should bring even more guns (including some from Metro series like revolver and shotgun). They promised to release it month after Mis2.2 but failed.
But yeah, Misery 2.2 is vastly overrated and bullshit ridden mess defended by fanboys, waste of time and space.

In CoM all I did was to turn some traders into Trashers so they could buy my trash, then lower the required condition for sold guns from 0,66 to 0,11.
Still waiting for Echo of Misery, which is completely reworked and optimized version of CoM that use all CPU cores and more than 4GB of RAM memory.

chobbes

Educated
chobbes can you pick classes like in original misery?

No you can't pick the original 3 Misery classes (no sniper, recon or assaulter classes).

You can only pick your starting faction (e.g. Loner, Duty, Freedom, Monolith, Ecologist, etc) and your starting location (Cordon, Bar, Yantar, etc)

You start with approx 35kg of carryweight, some rubles, a Ppsh (at least for my case), a light armor, and off you go.

Try to get a decent shotgun as soon as possible (e.g. TOZ-34), even worn or rusty variants are good enough in the beginning.

For me, my first major battle was with the Military near the bridge.
For some reason, the military assaulted the nearby bandit carpark soon after gamestart.
Very satisfying to defeat them with PPsh after many tries.

Next, I sneaked into the military base and shotgunned all of them.

You can loot all their AKs and Military armor and helmets.
I was so laden with equipment I had to stop to pause for breath every dozen or so steps on the way back to Cordon

Let me know if you need more starting tips.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom