Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sooo looks like they will release Misery 2.2 in about 6 weeks
I really thought the project was dead but sounds like they will deliver it
I know they have gone all derpy with their can opener bullshit but still this might be the last hurray for the game in a long while

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well, there is Golden Ball which have different pacing and have better quests and more mysteries.
And there is Narodnaya Solyanka 2016 which is first sane and doable Solyanka game since ever.

People who worked with CoP mods went away to the CoCh, only immature dumb people stay here. Clear Sky modders does not exist except guy responsible for Sup Neger aka REBORN fella. And ShoC is for old veterans who create stuff for hardcore STALKERs.

Waiting for Misery 2.2 but might wait more for fixes and The Armed Zone add-on. There are nice toy there, like long-barrel magnum revolver that take down pseudogiants like pimp keeping his bitches in check.
Still - there is Call of Misery for Call of Chernobyl that do better job and it's not as tedious as CoP mod...

While Golden Ball creator came back from army service the Call of Misery one just went in.
Also heard that Shocke 3.0 code is used in other mods these days, wonder what happen with it...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
How is Call of Chernobyl? I've seen it once or twice but never played.

It's good.
All maps in here available from the start, can play any faction, dozen of modpacks (weaponpacks) heck - there is Call of Misery that bring Misery features and make it doable and less ridiculous compared to actual Misery 2.1.1...
But there is high chance you get bored with much freedom (cause all you can do is shoot and maybe artifact hunt and that's it) and it's up to you to find something to do here. Maybe assault enemy base? Hunt down enemy patrols? Or get message where NPC is enjoying new artifact, hunt him down and take it from his cold dead body? Or venture to the north into the nuclear power plant?

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Bretty gud, but you've got to know what you're getting. There's not much of a story (yet)—only freeplay with different factions and optionally an objective to deactivate the Brain Scorcher—but it's got most maps from across all 3 games plus some technical improvements and such. Like MotherMachinae said, there's a bunch of addons including weapon packs, graphics, and a lot of other odds and ends. A new beta cycle seems to have just hit in the last month or so and most addons haven't been updated at this point for the very latest version.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

It's good.
All maps in here available from the start, can play any faction, dozen of modpacks (weaponpacks) heck - there is Call of Misery that bring Misery features and make it doable and less ridiculous compared to actual Misery 2.1.1...
But there is high chance you get bored with much freedom (cause all you can do is shoot and maybe artifact hunt and that's it) and it's up to you to find something to do here. Maybe assault enemy base? Hunt down enemy patrols? Or get message where NPC is enjoying new artifact, hunt him down and take it from his cold dead body? Or venture to the north into the nuclear power plant?
If this had even a rudimentary sandboxy feel like enemy bases with patrols and "mini quests" for special artifacts and maybe a faction system it would be the ultimate experience...
All I get now is replaying Misery 1.2, Autum Aurora 2 and trying a couple of mods from time to time

Baron Dupek

Arcane
How does it measure up to Stalker Lost Alpha?
Lost Alpha is still trash and even new release called LA Director Cut does not help. Still buggy, terrible quests and the further you go to the north the more empty maps become... and they made youtuber NPC called Boris in it :prosper:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is it any good?
It's still Misery 2x that introduced enormous amount of dumb ideas, concepts and a fukton of items so you sit in shops for hour.

Good thing - character does not deplete stamina in the instant when you get "grey hunger icon". This was massive issue in all Miseries because you could not even walk, and forget about running.

Mutants does not have 360* attack field around them and neither their melee range is somewhere at ~1meter. It was infuriating in Misery 2 when you wanted to shoot mutants with sawed-off and close contact was fatal in most cases due weird range of mutants atttacks.

Still - the worst part of Misery games is to making it doable and finding workaround against some weird or straight bullshits - making new habits, slowing pace compared to vanilla CoP etc. after that it's not that bad?

Only played for hour and... Petrol Station stash is gone, one of the best stashes with artifact and AKM, the only one that have something else beside trash, is gone. And seems like they changed Alin's stash hunt and you start on petrol station, not finish like previously.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Nah, I can't stand Misery post 1.2. It's clear the heads were the original team (Aron, Alundayo) who left long time ago and since then it's become a tedious "shit in the woods" simulator with derp difficulty and pretentious crap writing.

So, after reading "Roadside Picnic" couple of days ago I decided I was in the mood for another SoC run, installed this AMK Autumn Edition 1.4.1 thing today. It looked nice from description. But then.. no more stealth indicator, no ammo count shown on screen and can't even equip pistol and shotgun at the same time.. For fuck's sake, yet again I am reminded how much I despise STALKER modders.. Are all Autumn Aurora based mods like this?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
no more stealth indicator
the what? What indicator?
Stealth never worked in these games and mods anyway.

no ammo count shown on screen
just count shots, nobody in his right minds look at this crap anyway unless he love getting shot in the face from enemy that walk out of the corner...

can't even equip pistol and shotgun at the same time
how is that a problem? Pistols in Stalkers suck balls anyway. A lot of people love Call of Pripyat and some mods for ShoC and CS for ability to put something else in 1st slot. Assault rifle/sniper rifle+shotgun combo ftw.

just count shots

I'll count my fists to your face you cunt.

how is that a problem? Pistols in Stalkers suck balls anyway. A lot of people love Call of Pripyat and some mods for ShoC and CS for ability to put something else in 1st slot. Assault rifle/sniper rifle+shotgun combo ftw.

Ok tell me where to find assault rifle and sniper rifle before I do first mission.

Though nevermind, already uninstalled the mod, gonna try Autumn Aurora next.

deuxhero

Arcane
I remember when playing SoC the integrally suppressed Markarov never left my pistol slot (Only replaced it with identical ones of better condition). It occasionally had a use (which was certainly more than I saw in any other pistol), but stealth was largely useless because reloading reequip your current stuff which was loud (in-game) and alerted everyone on the map to your location.

Ok so, Autumn Aurora 2 won't even launch, even after full game + mod reinstall and deleting sweetfx shit. I think my thirst for SoC is satisfied for now, uninstalling. Maybe just rewatch Tarkovsky movie and I'll be fine.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Ok so, Autumn Aurora 2 won't even launch, even after full game + mod reinstall and deleting sweetfx shit. I think my thirst for SoC is satisfied for now, uninstalling. Maybe just rewatch Tarkovsky movie and I'll be fine.
Are you using the gog version? Install the game, launch it and configure your settings, install AA2 (verify or redownload the mod) and see how it goes
You didnt miss anything with AKM; ZRP or AA2 are the best way to play Shadow of Chernobyl

Are you using the gog version? Install the game, launch it and configure your settings, install AA2 (verify or redownload the mod) and see how it goes
You didnt miss anything with AKM; ZRP or AA2 are the best way to play Shadow of Chernobyl

Nope, Steam version. And I did all that. Actually gave it a third full install too just for good measure, still crashes at launch. Does ZRP contain any graphical enhancements? If not, is there a way to bring it closer to Autumn graphics level? Because I did love the way AMK Autumn looked, if not much else.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Nope, Steam version. And I did all that. Actually gave it a third full install too just for good measure, still crashes at launch. Does ZRP contain any graphical enhancements? If not, is there a way to bring it closer to Autumn graphics level? Because I did love the way AMK Autumn looked, if not much else.
ZRP is mostly a bug fixer and adds a few enhancements... there are a couple of texture packs to make the game look better but nothing drastic
I was thinking about your crashing issues, did you try windows compatibility to see of that helped?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
AA2 like most ShoC mods works with 1.0004 version (other works with 1.0005 and nothing works on 1.0006). I guess Steam version is 1.0005?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom