Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I guess they removed it because when it goes offline they would go into anomalies and die?
Or just too many traps in code to do with outrageous results?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Misery 1.2 :love:
the definitive STALKER experience

dreams of misery 1.2 for SoC:shredder:

There is already one for it - Autumn Aurora 2, or AMK Autumn.
And there is one for Clear Sky - MIRE but I dropped this one before upgrading GPU and when I did it - there were other games to test.

DraQ
Doesn't ZRP fix this, though?
Pretty sure there is serviceable sneaking in Autumn Aurora 2.
I was walking in the car park in Cordon at night at return from Dark Valley and wasn't bothered by inhabitants.
Speaking of DV return - I managed to avoid the military forces near the gate.
Both scenarios are almost impossible in any other mods.

Misery 2.1.1 was supposed to have better AI too (with better sneaking and else) but that was big fat lie, including their ability to spot you in a mist.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
One thing I should clarify about stealth mechanic in STALKER or XrayEngine (I'm not a modder or coder in any way, just telling you what I was being told) - if you killing enemies stealthily, so they don't know where you are, but then you did save\load, XrayEnine works that way that if enemies can see bodies, or even bodies just near them - they automatially know where actor (player) is. Is it due technical limitations, or just a feature or both I don't know but if you want stealth you need to do it without reloading.
It has always looked to me as if the game instantiated AI before geometry on load, but I don't know XR's internals, especially not to the point where I would want to argue with a modder.
Doesn't ZRP fix this, though?

Anyway, even without this, when the AI eventually sees the bodies it will become alerted and run around alerting others, triggering alarms, etc. so after you do kill someone it's only a matter of time before you have a bunch of angry guys looking for someone to shoot on your hands.
I'm in the starter area. How do I get through the tunnel under the traintracks reliably without getting zapped?
Electrical anomalies can be discharged and need a few seconds to get a charge, it is your "safe window".[/quote]
I always just time the moving gap between the anomalies and move while staying inside it.
Also electros are an interesting places to visit in the middle of the night. :M

-No women. Sometimes after a hard day at the office murdering mercs, vanquishing controllers and getting raped by anomalies, a Stalker just wants to come home to something soft, sweet & spongy, and there's not a woman to be had in the wasteland of The Zone (at least not in SHoC).
Here, take this Anna.
693b18166aaa.png

:troll:
:lol:

Ivan

Arcane
AA didn't feel anything like Misery 1.2 what are you talking about?

I didn't try AA AKM mod, is that the one you were referring to? DON"T COCK TEASE ME BRO!

Ivan

Arcane
"more like" but not like. I had fond memories of scrounging for ammo, learning not to pick every single fight I could in Misery. In AA I remember having NO PROBLEM with ammo whatsoever. It was beautiful and a wonderful way to re-experience the campaign though. Would you say the AA/AKM mish-mash mod adds more of that Misery flavor?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Misery 2.1.1 was supposed to have better AI too (with better sneaking and else) but that was big fat lie, including their ability to spot you in a mist.
Well, I didn't played Misery 1.2, but in 2.1.1 I can sneak behind a tree, wait for mercs pass by me, open fire fom silenced pistol when they were 25 meters away and they didn't saw me even if they looked in my direction, tree had only stanted bushes around trunk.

Anyway, even without this, when the AI eventually sees the bodies it will become alerted and run around alerting others, triggering alarms, etc. so after you do kill someone it's only a matter of time before you have a bunch of angry guys looking for someone to shoot on your hands.
If they can't detect you - you are safe at least for now. One of those mercs from recycling plant came to me in the back, when I eliminated almost all of them (I stilldidn't beat it).

Sadly not, I st ill had this issue with the latest version. Can't find any option in modifier.exe either.
If you mean AI that know where you are after save\load, then it is good thing - my assault become definitely more interesting when I tried to did it without reloads.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, gameplay trailer of some vasianium (see for yourself) mod Диверсант-II_\13 сектор\_(гибрид) - The diversionist-II_\13 sector\_(hybrid)
- Advanced life simulation.
- Touching different objects and documents main character is able to fall into a trance and see the temporary prints of the events associated with these items..
- Dozens of visions, dreams, hallucinations and nightmares.,
- More than 50 types of mutants and 260 of their sub-types.,
- Complete history of the creation of transgenic mutants with the ability to remove the implant (artifact with possibility of manual activation).,
- Abnormal/anomaly costumes and weapons.,
- Perishable products.,
- Animated usable objects.,
- And much more...

As an extra, some old but hysterically funny video.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, another mod rewiev.
Called Contract for good [better] life.
You are a mercenary, who got trapped (or something) in the Zone.
Many cutscenes, space for exploration, great effects but meh plot as usual, also plot lines will be clarified in next part. :/

This guy has many rewiev on STALKER mods btw.

Also, deployable mashine gun in CoC 1.4.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You are a mercenary, who got trapped (or something) in the Zone
Sounds like plot for Spacial Anomaly mod. Which also have new release. Soon.

What will release first: this or HL3?
I guess CoCh 1.4 have highest chance to release. Misery 2.2 is chasing it.

Both Gunslinger and Shocker Weapons 4.0 started making updates like YT videos after some hiatus, but that's all.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well damn, they removed weapons addons from CoCh moddb site, only to put this countdown
http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/arsenal-overhaul
"designed specifically for Call of Chernobyl 1.4"

meanwhile
The Armed Zone creator is bored with his work, not much to do and Misery lazy slobs team is far from done.
What he want to do?
Someday you won't need Misery to run this, I have got the approval from Matt to use his mod Radium, the plan is to use it as base and turn TAZ into a mod on its own, this way you will enjoy the enhanced Open Engine featured in Radium and all weapons from TAZ, of course Radium also provides several unique toys.
or it's just another joke like "Gunslinger+CoCh merge when?"

Radium is a complete overhaul of the vanilla game, with new story elements, high quality weapons, new anomalies, new gameplay elements, new everything.
and it's cancelled

Nothing to see here, move along citizens.
Meanwhile - another modder (Swartz) went nuts when he tried to deal with his work alone when other team member were kicked out/bailed out. No further into has bee found.
People go out and come, but when only one important bail out - shit hit the fan in the modding world.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
aaaaand Call of Chernoby 1.4 is up!
along with weapons pack (Arsenal Overhaul and Original Weapon Renewal)
no 1.3.2.0->1.4 patch though

No more empty undergrounds, heck - no more empty maps overall. You can increase population via Options->Game. Plus working survival mode, where zombies are coming at you.
I know zombies are overrated as fuck but imagine Ray of Hope (Stalker co-op) + armed zombie horde....
There is so much new stuff I have no idea where to start
http://pastebin.com/raw/HZJC1ixA

edit
the fuck is that?
StalkerSoup is now a standalone game and is currently at Version 110007.

The up to date version is available at www.tecnobacon.com..

On the left side of the home page, it can be downloaded in one go and a click on the .exe installer leads to the game launcher. Players can choose a variety of modes including DX9, DX11, and a further enhancement called SweetFX. By opening the script in the gamedata, players will find the modders.script that allows a wide variety of options to 'sculpt' the game to personal preferences. Currently there are 2 levels to the game and 53 areas. Good hunting.

either someone is joking (and included nasty surprise inside)

If Joint Pack 2 wasn't fukin' hard bullshit madness - I would skip that. But now I'm divided....

Last edited:

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Is there a mod that brings features from CoP like artifact hunting, weapon upgrades and blowouts to SoC?

So far I've played Lost Alpha, which was great in potential but it's just not finished and they botched the story. And I've played Autumn Aurora 2.1 which was bug free, but also didn't deliver much in terms of features. Blowouts are disabled in AA 2.1 for stability reasons so once you've cleared a map of artifacts there are no new ones spawning. Amount of artifacts initially on a map was ridiculously high too.

Some emphasis on scavenging like in Misery Mod is also welcome, though the zone really shouldn't be so crowded. I rather like the feeling of being in a desolate area with a few nasty jump scares an a tough fight once in a while. The beginning was great In Misery, but after the game progressed I was getting used to being swamped by all sorts of nastiness and was basically just flinging high explosive ordnance around. Really took away from the experience of just scraping by, making every bullet count and not knowing where your next meal is coming from.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Call of Chernobyl isn't exactly what you're looking for but it includes SoC maps and now in the recently-released 1.4 version has a minimal story mode that requires you to deactivate the psi emitters at Yantar and Radar. It's still pretty buggy and crashy though and patches are coming out almost daily.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Thanks for the suggestion, Icewater. I always thought Call of Chernobyl was more like a modders resource. But it seems it is becoming a game on its own with different A-life behaviour and artifact hunting. Will check it out.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So fucking Cossacks remake is out and no I dont think its sales set the world on fire... Just take my money CSG and make a Kickstarter for Stalker 2, a couple of million dolars would fund the game easily in Eastern Europe

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Or put hope in Call of Chernobyl.
Or install recently released standalone StalkerSoup (not insanely hard like JointPack2).
Or wait for all these "never-ever" mods like Gunslinger, Wormwood, Vanillia+, SGM3/InSpiteOfDeath, Misery 2.2...

Ivan

Arcane
In short, there's nothing to do but embrace the fact that no true STALKER sequel or spiritual successor will ever be made
rating_negativeman.png

false. One of Last Light's DLCs was particularly made to capture the STALKER feel (Kshatriya), it was excellent.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why dont they sell the ip to the Metro guys ffs? Why are they just sitting on top of the ip while producing shit luke Cossacks?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom