Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
No, that's 2.1.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
How is STALKER JOINT PAK 2 / OP-2? Worth a play? Heard it's much more stable and polished than StalkerSoup. Russian modders are just so wild and crazy, but their vision is commendable. I went back to Secret Trails 2 recently because I realized that it was due to my human error and a faulty installation that I was having crashing issues & corrupted saves. Re-installed it and it ran fine...and it was good...until the horrible, nightmarish bug I encountered that prevented me from physically following a certain NPC that I needed to follow to escape an area (love the idea that the Zone is always physically changing and access or exit areas that were there before may not be there later) when he got stuck in back of another NPC...and then the VIP NPC for that area got stuck in back of that NPC. What do you do when NPCs are stuck and can't move besides crying because it means the end of all things? This engine desperately needs a "move the fuck out of my way, fuckface!" physic.

Old One

Arcane
Try Misery 1.2 it is exactly what you want...
Okay, thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I play.

I cleared the helmet overlays shortly after I first started playing. Nice idea, but not so good in practice. The helmet overlay for the ghillie suit actually obstructed my view when looking through a scope.

For that matter I also redid a lot of the scope reticles. I couldn't stand seeing milky color dithering every time I wanted to acquire a target.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah the helmet view thingy is more claustrophobic than immersive... The only game to do that correctly was Metro with the fogging and wet views

Baron Dupek

Arcane
How is STALKER JOINT PAK 2 / OP-2? Worth a play? Heard it's much more stable and polished than StalkerSoup. Russian modders are just so wild and crazy, but their vision is commendable. I went back to Secret Trails 2 recently because I realized that it was due to my human error and a faulty installation that I was having crashing issues & corrupted saves. Re-installed it and it ran fine...and it was good...until the horrible, nightmarish bug I encountered that prevented me from physically following a certain NPC that I needed to follow to escape an area (love the idea that the Zone is always physically changing and access or exit areas that were there before may not be there later) when he got stuck in back of another NPC...and then the VIP NPC for that area got stuck in back of that NPC. What do you do when NPCs are stuck and can't move besides crying because it means the end of all things? This engine desperately needs a "move the fuck out of my way, fuckface!" physic.

If you need to ask about it - then this mod is not for you. Why? Because it's made by and designed for total hardcore die hard fanatic fans of Stalkers, who want unfair and unbalanced gameplay.

People here are bitching about Misery 2.1.1 having bullet sponge enemies. But at the same time it have shotguns, that have high damage and use buckshots with "armor penetration: none" feat, yet shred exoskeleton enemies to pieces. Enemies in JP2 eat bullets like candies.
Any enemy with any kind of body protection mean you gonna have hard time that not even headshots will help you.
You think firing RPg in the middle of spetznas group solve the problem? Think twice.

Game is choke full of content, some quests will be done through the whole game.
And the stashes.... wish I show you the video, where that guy jumped on the Prometheus Cinema letters. Or jumping on the balcony, lot of them.

Like any other Narodnaya Solyanka - money are not that crucial. You just collect all these weak artifacts around and exchange them for items. I like this system, something else than gathering guns in stashes and then running to the Sidor for money...
And to this day NS is still not finished. Same case like AMK - dropped by original creators.
JP2 is far, far more polished than original NS and other variants of NS.

Last edited:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

If you need to ask about it - then this mod is not for you. Why? Because it's made by and designed for total hardcore die hard fanatic fans of Stalkers, who want unfair and unbalanced gameplay.

People here are bitching about Misery 2.1.1 having bullet sponge enemies. But at the same time it have shotguns, that have high damage and use buckshots with "armor penetration: none" feat, yet shred exoskeleton enemies to pieces. Enemies in JP2 eat bullets like candies.
Any enemy with any kind of body protection mean you gonna have hard time that not even headshots will help you.
You think firing RPg in the middle of spetznas group solve the problem? Think twice.

Game is choke full of content, some quests will be done through the whole game.
And the stashes.... wish I show you the video, where that guy jumped on the Prometheus Cinema letters. Or jumping on the balcony, lot of them.

Like any other Narodnaya Solyanka - money are not that crucial. You just collect all these weak artifacts around and exchange them for items. I like this system, something else than gathering guns in stashes and then running to the Sidor for money...
And to this day NS is still not finished. Same case like AMK - dropped by original creators.
JP2 is far, far more polished than original NS and other variants of NS.

I guess I should play CS and CoP first then (never played these btw), and maybe another run-through of ShoC with the community patch before attempting the hardcore insanity that is JP2 or any of the other revisionist mods for Stalker nutballs. Thanks for the advice. I took a look at Doppelganger and it runs like total ass on my new GTX 1070 with DirectX 10/11 (Clear Sky runs okay though). What the fuck? Fuck that.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Doppelganger = Reborn, you've been warned.
No idea why it doesn't work well on your machine. Hear it need good machine (preferably 64bit system and more than 8GB RAM) and have weird installation (maybe if creator made it on Call of Chernobyl engine it would be better and more stable). But the amount of locations is simply impressive, iirc 62 locations are in.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, guys, can I ask you - do you know thread dedicated to Misery? If no can I post something about Mysery here? Pretty please?

Misery ups the difficulty in a number of ways, but unfortunately one of those ways is by, in my opinion, overpopulating the maps.
Didn't played original CoP, but maybe it depends on which class you picked? I picked Recon, and don't see many enemy. Also I didn't even saw all Zaton territory.

I guess I should play CS and CoP first then
My advice is to play CoP Misery, don't play original game, because after it you can't stand same plot and quest as people speak.

I took a look at Doppelganger and it runs like total ass on my new GTX 1070 with DirectX 10/11 (Clear Sky runs okay though). What the fuck? Fuck that.
X-ray Engine. Hehe.

This video causes uncontrollable laughter no matter how many times I saw it. It is Call of Chernobyl mod.

Translation.
So... there is something wrong here...
Oh.. motherfuker...
Whoa!
[sound of siren]
And scientists all running around...
And I just thought - why they start running into tonnel?
I just hope I picked right direction and Sakharov doesn't close bunker tightly upon Emission or we do not have time to run back in time.
[Talk to scientist] - I'm with you the guys.
[Scientist's answer] - Who the fuck you are?
Blyat go [inside] wtf who am I? Look, you @#%$$^$... Oh you bitch...
No, I can't die like that, it is fucknig clusterfuck...
Fuck... slow down... Pardon my French...
Guys, I'll sit here with you don't you mind?

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't see a reason to make separate thread for Misery (btw. still waiting for Misery 2.2 but devs are lazy assess). There are 2 Stalker threads, both barely active (because people already played or will play, with Complete mods of course) and Stalker modding is dead today.
I mean - Call of Chernobyl is going into 1.4 but slow, OGSE is out and forgotten month later, Misery 2.2 is not out, SGM3 aka In Spite of Death supported few lesser mods and no more info coming.
Swartz mod become one-man project and might come out in February 2017 but I doubt that. Wormwood aka Redux2 lost lead developer who went into that Rockstar....
There were hopes for mods based on Call of Chernobyl (engine is clean, not ductaped mess like X-Ray from trilogy) but people made few minimods and addons and call it a day.
MEH

but back to Misery - still planning for new PC but slow because beside Misery, JP2 and Doppelganger and emulation there is no need for new machine (Misery run like ass without SSD).
Really like that Mercs wander around Zaton, love hunting for them...

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
still waiting for Misery 2.2 but devs are lazy assess
Basically I hear that they abandoned mod, so 2.1.1. is all we have.
Actually, there is another "school hardcore" how it is called in Russian - NLS-7 (but dunno if it has translation), it is even more hardcore than Misery they say, and I actually was interested in ITT in ОП-2 or JP-2.
Also, dead or not, there are a few mods and no reason to play original games anymore.
Also I heard about something called Ray Of Hope, and that somebody making mutation artefacts mode for CoC.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There is already New Artifacts add-on.
Misery team did abandoned mod at 65-92% of progress or some shit like that. Creator of The Armed Zone (big weapon pack for Misery 2.1.1) was continuing his work and that should tell something.

And I know there are more hardcore mods than Misery, like mentioned JP-2 but it's for absolute insane and still thirsty die hard people who want unfair insanity.

Ray of Hope is multiplayer co-op Stalker experience and it's in active beta phase now. Don't know if they are doing it on Call of Chernobyl engine (would be great).

NSL-7? Heard about it once or twice. Hm, found something called New Level Changer - 6 and they say it's hard. Like saving only at camp or bonfire like this weaboo game Dork suls or whatever this shit is called.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Stealth in STALKER is awfully hard and killing stealthily in hostile territory is next to impossible (somebody will hear it OR see it OR see the body and then it's full alert and you can kiss your stealth goodbye), suppressed guns are far from noiseless and the enemies can hear and see pretty much all that you would in their situation (including but not limited to the sound of suppressed fire, bullets buzzing by and hitting stuff and even bushes rustling as you brush by them.

However, the AI isn't omniscient. If you manage to change position stealthily, they won't know you aren't there or at least won't know where you actually are. Suppressed weapon will also make it harder for them to pinpoint your location as you're shooting at them so you will get precious seconds of obliviousness you can exploit to take potshots or hide and relocate - of eventually you'll meet military stalkers who will then meat you with their AS Vals before you can even understand where they're firing from - suppressed firearms are funny this way.
One thing I should clarify about stealth mechanic in STALKER or XrayEngine (I'm not a modder or coder in any way, just telling you what I was being told) - if you killing enemies stealthily, so they don't know where you are, but then you did save\load, XrayEnine works that way that if enemies can see bodies, or even bodies just near them - they automatially know where actor (player) is. Is it due technical limitations, or just a feature or both I don't know but if you want stealth you need to do it without reloading.
Also important note - if you have weapon in your hands (don't know if it apllies to firearm or even knife) when you reload actor play animations as if he drawn a weapon which is heard by AI.

I'm in the starter area. How do I get through the tunnel under the traintracks reliably without getting zapped?
Electrical anomalies can be discharged and need a few seconds to get a charge, it is your "safe window".

-No women. Sometimes after a hard day at the office murdering mercs, vanquishing controllers and getting raped by anomalies, a Stalker just wants to come home to something soft, sweet & spongy, and there's not a woman to be had in the wasteland of The Zone (at least not in SHoC).
Here, take this Anna.
693b18166aaa.png

:troll:

Since I'm in a griping kind of mood, why does the engine for Clear Sky run like feces through a funnel in DirectX 10 on Maximum compared to SHoC and CoP?
Because they are 3 different itarations of engine in SoC, CS, and CoP.

Then I read comments on Steam by other veteran Stalkers who said it had severely flawed mechanics and went into detail, like enemy AI annihilating you with high-level equipment, then when you lost a testicle or two in a hardfought victory and defeated them, you'd loot their corpses and find junk weapons and other low-level loot.
Well, I'm not sure but looks like they were wrong. I'm trying to assault recycling station in Mysery - mercs there all got hi-tech weapon.
Maybe someone was misleaded by their superhuman accuracy - but that is a optional and can be turned off.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
There is already New Artifacts add-on.
What's about it?
I hear someone make mad where your artefacts deplets over time. No go for me, but as usual it is turnable feature.

I should say that I'll post nothing new, just some contend from imagebord thread about STALKER.

RoH - in CBT.
ArmSTALKER - new map in 64 sqr km.
Misery 2.2 - when it's done
OLR 3.0 - WID
CoC 1.4 - WID
Lost Alpha DC - WID
5th update ПА - WID
Radium - 1 february 2017

Also have read baout something called AMK Autumn Edition 3.0

NSL-7? Heard about it once or twice. Hm, found something called New Level Changer - 6 and they say it's hard. Like saving only at camp or bonfire like this weaboo game Dork suls or whatever this shit is called.
Also NLC7 is a beta, and looks like Siak - creator of mod is departed to another mod, at least at that time.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
AMK Autumn 3.0?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition
ah yes.
You know why people like it? Because it's more stable than average AMK, and vastly more stable than Autumn Aurora.

edit
fuck, I found combo of Valley of Whispers + Shoker Weapons. But for some reason it doesn't work, even though it worked when I installed it 2-3 years back.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
AMK Autumn 3.0?
ah yes.
You know why people like it? Because it's more stable than average AMK, and vastly more stable than Autumn Aurora.

edit
fuck, I found combo of Valley of Whispers + Shoker Weapons. But for some reason it doesn't work, even though it worked when I installed it 2-3 years back.

Oooh now that's nice to hear. I might download this one. Does it have all of the AMK features? The last AA version I played had AMK features, but they were poorly implemented.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
AMK Autumn 3.0?
ah yes.

edit

Oooh now that's nice to hear. I might download this one. Does it have all of the AMK features? The last AA version I played had AMK features, but they were poorly implemented.

The mods and features merged here are:
- AMK 1.4 & 1.4.1 (everything)
- Autumn Aurora 2.1 (almost everything other than artifact detectors)
- Some features from ZRP
- Smurth's HUD Reworked 2.1 (hit and breath effects)
- Rulix AI Pack (and a host of his other mods from AA2)

That is nice! Is it functional? Or is it super unstable like ZoA?
The main feature of this mod is stability. Way bigger than AA2 and AMK combined.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So I tried a couple of Russian mods, like Secret Trails 2 and AlternativA. As usual with russian PC game developers and modders, they were inventive, innovative, compelling, lovely to look at and utterly bugfucked. I couldn't even click on the "Do you have anything interesting to say?" dialogue option with the first NPC I encountered in ST2 without it crash crash crashing, not to mention corrupted saves with my very second save.
Yeah.

bd78bbd97dace8e0b613a537faf123be.jpg

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
AMK Autumn 3.0?
ah yes.

edit

The mods and features merged here are:
- AMK 1.4 & 1.4.1 (everything)
- Autumn Aurora 2.1 (almost everything other than artifact detectors)
- Some features from ZRP
- Smurth's HUD Reworked 2.1 (hit and breath effects)
- Rulix AI Pack (and a host of his other mods from AA2)

That is nice! Is it functional? Or is it super unstable like ZoA?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I picked Recon for my first (an I think only) playthrough of Misery.
Recon because he has high radiation resistance, best stealth capabilities, fast run, low demand in food, best aptitude with close breath cycle suits, also it comes along with worst damage and chemical hazard resistance and worst carry-weight-to-movement-speed ratio.
So, now I'm at Recycling Plant (or how it is called) and want to assault it, but there are ~15 mercs. My plan is basically of this kind.

Due engine specific I need to perform this feat without loading if I want stealth.
My results so far:

And close look:

d30ab60874420b360b1d0ac1768a6d64.jpg

Have this as better full auto with AP bullets.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Nah, the reason that you want to do it without reloading is because bodies vanish after some time or loads. And they have best loot on them while other stalkers have trash in pockets.
My tactics? Sneak into pipe and pop out in both holes from time to time.

Once I was on the bridge (the one with gas tank for bloodsucker quest) when mercs started shooting at me from affair and rushed at me. It was weird, never happened before.

Character classes? Doesn't matter honestly. Radiation resistance is best with gasmask. Just wear it and enjoy walking on radiated vehicles. I don't know why Misery team though it's good idea to stop radiation with gas mask but hey, they are the same people who put 30kg limit on military character and call it "realistic" while in real life that man would be pushover in the real army. And the same military character is unable to run when it feel hunger.
Resistances against anomiales also doesn't matter because you don't want touch them at all.
And to get into one you either wear trashbag (science suits, seva) or don't walk there at all.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Nah, the reason that you want to do it without reloading is because bodies vanish after some time or loads.
That's too, but I love stealth, and hate to eat BFG charges with own face. Also I can eliminate first batch and save, but that makes their behavior strange.

My tactics? Sneak into pipe and pop out in both holes from time to time.
I don't know what it is, I just shoot them from hole in a wall where arrow point. They don't see me if I shot them fast enough. It is Recon after all.

Radiation resistance is best with gasmask
But there are places with really strong radiation, doesn't Recon with gasmask have advantage over other classes?

And the same military character is unable to run when it feel hunger.
When people doesn't eat in time, they become weak when they need perform some hard work, so it isn't actually a hunger indicator, just corellated to it.

Resistances against anomiales also doesn't matter because you don't want touch them at all.
Well, I think if you receive less damage in anomalies due that, your armor also less damaged isn't it? Also drug effects are best for Recon.
And food consumption is the lowest.

And to get into one you either wear trashbag (science suits, seva) or don't walk there at all.
Don't agree SEVA looks decent. But I have no SEVA in Misery now. :dealwithit:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom