Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Severian Silk

What? Seriously. I had to stop playing, and it took over an hour for the nausea to go away.

Sodafish

Arcane
Dunno then. I've not noticed anything like you described in the STALKER games, but also I've never experienced motion sickness whilst playing a vidya.

Severian Silk

GOG version.

Will the setting stay set permanently after I use that console command?

Severian Silk

The head bobbing certainly doesn't help. But I also get the feeling when standing still and looking around.

DraQ

Arcane
SoC has... atypical way of handling rotations. Instead of keeping the pitch fixed it tries to minimize distance between two positions. If you look around slowly it's indistinguishable from normal way, but if you rapidly turn around your view sort of tumbles.
I had no problem with that but YMMV.

As for head bobbing, you're not supposed to shoot while running around, at least not with expectation of hitting anything.

Severian Silk

As for head bobbing, you're not supposed to shoot while running around, at least not with expectation of hitting anything.
I'm not shooting though.

[edit]

Does the game have a manual that explains more of what is going on? I have trouble remembering what NPCs tell me, and it seems the quest log is missing some info?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
And I've found translation for Reborn: Doppelganger, biggest and best mod for Clear Sky ever created. 63 locations, nonlinear gameplay, enormous amount of new content new story...
It's amazing that R.E.B.O.R.N. started as stereotypical "modders gonna modders" full of wacky shit, textures, effects (like bolts replaced with throwing pendrives,
that turn into dog skeletons after throw, I'm not kidding) into awesome mod.

Sounds wacky n wonderful :lol: Anyone have a link for the Reborn: Doppelganger mod with the english translation? I need something a bit nutty but compelling to play :D

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I was checking out the Call of Chernobyl mod for an hour or two. Seems very polished and accomplished. The Stalker modding community reminds me of the Doom community - lots of kick-ass stuff that could pass for releases made by pros. I'll be doing a play-through soon of CS and CoP. Never got around to playing them on release, though ShoC remains one of the most intense gaming experiences I've had. Wish they'd kept the original idea of highly enigmatic, never seen alien visitors responsible for The Zone however. I'll be using the ZRP & CRP patches and maybe a few graphical enhancements or shaders, though I always felt the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series looked great on its own. I also took a brief look at OGSE. Looks fantastic. Maybe I'll start with that though it runs like ass on my GTX 660 Ti (tons of microstutters) so maybe not. Maybe I'll wait for my GTX 1070.

Severian Silk

I'm in the starter area. How do I get through the tunnel under the traintracks reliably without getting zapped?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah, I'd recommend killing them simply because the following areas are far easier with an assault rifle than a sawn-off shotgun. Gunfight against the soldiers is tough but far from impossible, just kill the commander and immediately bolt to cover, then kill whichever army guy tries to circle around you and grab his AK, swap to single fire, and pick off any remaining soldier that tries to get close to you, occasionally peeking out to see who's left and creeping between cover to circle around the area.

Kill them all and you can get a rifle that'll carry you for most of the game, a semi-decent handgun, and a good supply of ammo and medkits, as well as all the remaining weaponry that you can sell for a decent amount of money.

I'm in the starter area. How do I get through the tunnel under the traintracks reliably without getting zapped?

the way i usually start off a new game is talking to fox to get the mission to the farmhouse to release nimble

THEN i go and pick a fight with the soldiers down the road at the checkpoint - usually involves walking down 100 metres and taking potshots at them when they are on patrol

they will follow you all the way to the camp and begin a EPIC and prestigious gunfight with the locals

i usually hide in one of the underground bunker things while its going on

its amazing

plus you end up with some sweet loot and a ak-74

bear in mind that fox may die during the fight so make sure you speak to him first

ALSO

i usually sprint past the railway crossing soldiers - quicksave first of course; its not always successful but when it is its LOL

ALSO

the last house in camp on the left as you are heading out has a merc suit in the roof rafters - you have to jump from the house roof before it to access it

its at the far end, accessible through the roof in a crate with your knife

great game and cordon is one of the best starting areas in a game; only surpassed by liberty island

play on master

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nice try guys; he is asking how to get through the tunnel not a strategy guide. Plus he needs to learn the mechanics of dealing with anomalies.

Severian Silk

the last house in camp on the left as you are heading out has a merc suit in the roof rafters - you have to jump from the house roof before it to access it
Which camp?

Nice try guys; he is asking how to get through the tunnel not a strategy guide. Plus he needs to learn the mechanics of dealing with anomalies.

Yeah.

Severian Silk

Yeah I looked it up in a walkthrough. But what is the general strategy to deal with these things?

ZagorTeNej

Arcane

You can avoid the tunnel and the soldiers by passing through the damaged part of the fence above. Just go west (IIRC, been a while since I played) along that fence and you'll eventually reach a part where you can squeeze through.

Yeah I looked it up in a walkthrough. But what is the general strategy to deal with these things?

It's mostly about throwing bolts and observing the reaction.

DraQ

Arcane
Check the body nearby and read your fucking PDA.
:decline:

Don't listen to this loner. Just kill the army guys under the bridge.
Good fucking luck for someone who struggled with bandits in the parking lot.
And if you do kill them the army sends spetznaz there as replacement, who shoot first and ask questions never, instead of waiting for bribes (they are also well trained, well armed and well armored).
:stupid:

Anyway, there are five ways to cross the tracks, two of which are one way so we're speaking of four ways in each direction.

Three bidirectional ways require respectively 500RU, way to deal with radiation and being good shoot (killing the soldiers which you might end up doing at some point anyway because of a side mission). Two unidirectional ways require ability to traverse anomaly filled tunnel and stealth + parkour respectively.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
General pattern is observing it, maybe throwing a few bolts to see what it does and then trying to figure out if there is anything about it that you can exploit in order not to die.
Basically watch it, poke it and try to see if there is any way for it not to kill you.

Maybe it moves in a timed pattern, maybe it's inert for a second or two after activating, usually there is some way to navigate the anomaly field in between them, etc.
Some anomalies may do interesting things at certain times.
Also check back with your PDA as you accumulate knowledge.

Sodafish

Arcane
The parkour method is best and you get to feel all smug about yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom