Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bethesda does that, but makes millions and millions of dollars... :M

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Call of Chernobyl is mostly intended to be used as a base for other mods. I'd love to see Shadow of Chernobyl's story with CoC's maps (and, of course, lots of new quests).

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got a System Shock 2 code to give away in case any Stalker fans are interested it might be right up their alley

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Funny how things work out, I knew if Bethesda hot the Stalker licsence at least the series would continue.... But seeing the Fallout corpse gang raped like this I rather have no Stalker 2 than seeing it turn into that...
Still dont ubderstand why GSC dont kickstart the franchise, most of us die hard fans would get that funded in a heartbeat

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Sad to see that Lost Alpha - Director's Cut will never get a proper release, at least in the near future.
Fuck that shit, it is the worst case of moders gonna mod ever with half baked ideas and empty maps. We stalker fans are sooo starved for new content we are ready to clap and cheer even that sort of thing

Obama Phone 3

Learned
Fuck that shit, it is the worst case of moders gonna mod ever with half baked ideas and empty maps. We stalker fans are sooo starved for new content we are ready to clap and cheer even that sort of thing

Director's Cut is supposed to fill the empty maps with real gaming content. At least that is what I read some time ago.

Call of Chernobyl is the new empty mod. It's mainly a "modder's resource!?" WTF!

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Lost Alpha was the worst case of modders adding shit for the sake of adding it. So much 'restored' content that was originally cut for a reason.

deuxhero

Arcane
I tried Zone of Alienation, but everytime I load a game the opening talk ("and don't think I did it to earn favors upstairs") plays. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I tried Zone of Alienation, but everytime I load a game the opening talk ("and don't think I did it to earn favors upstairs") plays. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

If I recall correctly, it has something to do with dying during that first mission.
I had that problem before, and I fixed it somehow.
You either have to beat that mission, talk to someone related to that mission, or tick some option somewhere.
I can't really remember, I got tired of ZoA's instability. It has some nice concepts, such as the magazine mechanic, but christ is it unfinished.
You'd think they would do a bit of proof reading as well.

By the looks of it, work on it has ceased as well, so enjoy your buggy, unstable mess of a mod, because it's not going to get any better.

Speaking of ZoA, does anyone know of a mod that uses the magazine mechanic, is based off of AMK and doesn't crash at the drop of a hat?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There is no mod that's based on AMK and use magazine system and don't crash.
Heck, there's no mod that use magazine system yet. Surely not for ShoC (two or more attempts, bugged or flushed in the toilet somewhere in the Zone) or Clear Sky.
There are two mods incoming with this idea - Wormwood (from people who made Redux, Wormwood is sequel, hope it won't end like Misery 2.1 after v1.2) and RoKKo's Mod Pack 2.1.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Da fuck?!
Nobody uses Complete!
Go for Autum Aurora 2 or the Zone Reclamation Proyect

Have they fixed the savegame corruption in AA yet?

When I last played 2.1 back in June it had a really frustrating issue with savegames getting corrupted. Allegedly it was caused by taking too many quests at the same time, but I encountered it with as little as five quests in the PDA.

Ivan

Arcane
any new mods for SoC? I liked AA save for making the bandits blend in with the fucking foliage. I didn't know who was shootin at me

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Fresh releases? Don't remember any.
Only some translations of various mods here
http://www.moddb.com/groups/stalker-100-rads-bar/images/echo-of-chernobyl-2-shoc-eng-rus#imagebox
Just change pictures in this gallery to move to the different mods.

Vanilla+ is almost released.
OGSE 0.6.9.3 is almost ready but is problem with translations iirc.

EDIT
Actually there are some releases.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-advance-mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/legendary-20
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition

I have no idea how that LEGENDARY mod is different from other version (this new is 1,9GB, while the one from old repository is 2,6GB and need few fixes). This mod have everything, just check the readme....

I recommend AMK Autumn. Would play if but NS Joint Pack 2 killed my interest with the game.
I might play again when I get new GPU (which not happen, as there is almost no game that force me to change it).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom