Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
- play with the 1.0006 patch as Sodafish said
- don't play Complete

:nocountryforshitposters:

Cadmus

Arcane
- play with the 1.0006 patch as Sodafish said
- don't play Complete

:nocountryforshitposters:
Is there a reason you're saying that or it's an automated answer?
EDIT: I went and read about the patch. It's all aimed at the MP with the exception of "fixes crashes on memory allocation errors" or something but it's under a MP section so I dunno what that means. Everybody complains the patch sucks and it's not even distributed anymore by the company so why the fuck would I install it?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Complete introduces a ridicolous amount of stuff that doesn't fit to the STALKER universe at all. Suits from Crysis for example. Other mods are guilty of this too (Autumn Aurora and some Suits from Metro:2033 for example) but it's nowhere near as jarring as in Complete. The texture work in Complete makes many locations look totally different and very cheerful imo.

Just dont play with it. Use vanilla game. Or Zone Restoration Project. Or for more grimdark/atmospheric experience Autumn Aurora.

Latest patch is here btw http://www.stalker-game.com/en/?page=patches

Cadmus

Arcane
Complete introduces a ridicolous amount of stuff that doesn't fit to the STALKER universe at all. Suits from Crysis for example. Other mods are guilty of this too (Autumn Aurora and some Suits from Metro:2033 for example) but it's nowhere near as jarring as in Complete. The texture work in Complete makes many locations look totally different and very cheerful imo.

Just dont play with it. Use vanilla game. Or Zone Restoration Project. Or for more grimdark/atmospheric experience Autumn Aurora.

Ok I see it there.
You still haven't adressed my issue in any way so I'm assuming that there's no reason to think this will be helpful and might potentially force me to reinstall everything

I noticed some areas were not gloomy as they probably should be in Complete, some armors looked strange but I'm too far into the game to be starting again. It doesn't matter, the game still looks great.

Sodafish

Arcane
Mods tend to recommend the 1.0006 patch. Backup your saves/config and try it, then you can always reinstall the game with 1.05 + mod if it screws things up.

Sodafish

Arcane
Shit modders wouldn't know atmosphere if it TK'd them in the face with a crate.
:rpgcodex:

I didn't have any zombies in X18. Weird. The burers were there tho :M

edit: maybe they removed the X18 zombies from the 2.1 version.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

I never noticed the Crysis suits 0_o
Must have been in a later or older version.
Complete did give the Traders the ability to allow you to join a faction. Which doesn't really do anything.
Also, teleportation. And increased carry capacity.
Complete was a tad...gimmicky.

At least it doesn't let you join monolith though, like in Zone of Alienation.
Why or how the hell would Sidorovich know how to get you to join Monolith...

You can help Freedom a bit, but don't join them or you will get attacked by Duty on sight. This means you will have to kill every one of them in the Bar area and then the other stalkers will hunt you down. Also, Duty respawn between the Bar and Wild Territory entrance area, so you will have to fight them every time you pass there.

The Bar area doesn't get destroyed, nor Freedom take it over.

The best thing is just to do a bit of work for both factions, and stay friendly with both. You can actually kill Skull and his team in the Army Warehouse area without screwing yourself over with Duty, as they are a renegade squad.

I see, so it doesn't wipe out bar, it just makes it harder for me.
I might just do it then. In my Complete playthrough I went Duty and killed Freedom's boss, so I might as well go for the other side.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I can't tell if its just the mod or something to do with Misery 2.1.1 itself. But when using the armed zone mod the enemy sensitivity goes through the damn roof. All I can see and hear are Stalkers armed with rusted ppsh 41's trying to sniper boars that are way beyond draw distance. This can lead to some strange moments such as when I do the Bloodsuckers lair mission. Me and grouse are suddenly swarmed with a hoard of up to 8 bloodsuckers, 6 dogs and 3 pseudo dogs. As far as I can tell they being alerted from the Iron forest anomaly from the amount of time it takes for them to arrive as well as all the gun shots coming from the south.

And to make matters worse, all these constant alerts and fire fights are the only thing that I can guess is making the game crash almost constantly.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Echo Mirage , try reducing the "eye_range" variable in stalkers files over the creatures folder. The mod default is around 250 if I aint mistaken. This is too much, and causes a lot of weird shit (like npcs aiming through walls, or hitting you from a mile away). Here I reduce it to around 120 and it gets better. Its not perfect (I think there are other variables involved) but its acceptable.

While youre at it, I suggest reducing the eye_range of creatures too. Blind dogs are supposed to be.. you know.. blind, and not an Exocet guiding missile coming for you from a mile away. Oh, idem for snorks (its a mistery how they even see with that masks).

Been playing SoC with Autumn Aurora 2.1. Never played a Stalker game before, or even a pc fps really, but this is pretty great. Getting my shit pushed in on master but knowing how easily I can die adds to the tension. This game+mod has a fantastic atmosphere.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I can confirm that. And taking them with grenades can be difficult. I wanted to take two with one 40mm grenade, they were in that room with this device that you have to deactivate.
Game just went from smooth 60FPS into single frame every 10 seconds, when you launched 40mm nade onto this glassed device.

Didn't liked AA for lack of hunting shotgun, then got quest to retrieve family gun in Wild area. With the fact that you can buy back any item from quests after receive I was really happy.
PS. Saiga and Spas sucked. TAZ and that unique hunting shotgun are best but after reaching Red Forest they might be less useful

Are NPCs immune to Blowouts? I had a blowout in Yantar, and the Duty soldiers were ok.
Does this happen in AMK?
In some mods they didn't tweaked AI to run and hide from blowouts, instead - they gave them immunity.
Rest of the mods are better in that matter.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Echo Mirage , try reducing the "eye_range" variable in stalkers files over the creatures folder. The mod default is around 250 if I aint mistaken. This is too much, and causes a lot of weird shit (like npcs aiming through walls, or hitting you from a mile away). Here I reduce it to around 120 and it gets better. Its not perfect (I think there are other variables involved) but its acceptable.

While youre at it, I suggest reducing the eye_range of creatures too. Blind dogs are supposed to be.. you know.. blind, and not an Exocet guiding missile coming for you from a mile away. Oh, idem for snorks (its a mistery how they even see with that masks).

I will give that a try once I reinstall and make sure there is no corruption in the mods themselves. As of right now the game is crash looping at the southern plateau Snork cave. Even with a reboot and fresh save the game will stutter a few times before crashing.

The strange thing is that when I first played the mod everything was fine. I only restarted and ran into issues when I notice that the mod had reset my class from sniper to the assault. I should have known the second I loaded the game and found a Sturmgewehr 44 in my hands that something was wrong.

But that first half play through was fine and crash free. While every attempt at the sniper class has resulted in bugs, errors and crashes from the moment the game loads.

And speaking of the sniper class. The SV98 is hidden in a small plastic box on the same pipe as the basic tools in the Ranger station. I don't know if it changes depending on class but I haven't found the other hidden guns in Zaton so far.

From the readme.

Treasures :

Here are some hidden weapons in the three maps

Zaton :

axe, aek919, sv98, pmm

Jupiter :
9a91, ppd40, mp5 Acog, Beretta 96

Pripyat :
M79, m16a4, g18, tactical AK

Silva

Arcane
I think the weapons change according to class, as happen with the tools too (at least the calibration ones are confirmed).

About the crashes, what your log file says ? I know the last version of Armed Zone (1.7) was released with a bunch of CTD inducing files. There is a hotfix that supposedly correct it though.

By the way, do you ever acquire the Sunrise suit anymore ? I was looking at the stats of it and the Heavy Overcoat and the latter seems better at most things (including anomaly protection) besides being lighter and slightly cheaper. Is there a reason someone would get the Sunrise ? (perhaps its upgrade path is better ?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom