Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Been playing and absolutely loving SoC with the Complete 2009 mod. Looking giddily forward to Misery 2.0 and CoP. Extremely sad knowing there won't be a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.

potatojohn

Arcane
There are no sunrays in DX9 are there? They're a huge part of my graphicswhore experience.

Sodafish

Arcane
Hmm not sure. I barely played any of it in DX11 before switching over to DX9. Tbh the initial load times with DX11 aren't that bad, and like Silva mentioned it's only the initial load time from a fresh game start.

DraQ

Arcane
I know for fact that if there are some resources missing (say, demanded by a mod, but not installed, for example when the mod isn't intended for your language version and paths differ), the game will load sluggishly and stop every few seconds during actual gameplay, giving impression of heavy HD swapping.

Sodafish

Arcane
I installed the mod over a fresh EN language version. Google suggests a lot of people have this same problem too. Are your load times normal with DX11 then DraQ?

crojipjip

Developer
Übermensch
I bought two different stalkers. Could not get them to work at all. My friend kept pressuring me to try it for reasons like graphics, or ai. it was a waste of money, the tech support never got back to me and there was simply no solution at the time. For a people who made such a complex startup routine and printout of config/options it sure didn't help when a new windows os (which had great backward compatibility) came out. do any of you get the feeling that we are all victims of some plot by the media? it seems people at least take a common direction. where there are difference there are still too many people also having in common that difference. it makes me bad because there is one war i know of. a war of asking your self and being told by others about things. all things. around the clock you have a complete opinion cycle on everything you can think of before you care to think of it. part of the impurity of our situation means the scientific method can't be used full force until you have a great deal of independent verification. and let us not forget how much verification we need of our verification methods. not much reallly. but there are many fallacies and assumptions hidden in all we say or do. the law of uniformity within nature is on its own not a help because the variety of issues we face. one which unironically is attacked most, science itself. Part of science is enabling technology and efficient use of technology as it changes/grows.

I use to hate tech and have green peace leaning. but then i had to face up to the fact i ate animals. and i murdered plants on that one camping trip. i held them down with my feet and chopped them. trying to make my own personal space to live. to this day i stay away from wilderness which I need to make camp in to enjoy.

Stalker covers one or more of these topics. but the synergy of these problems are not accidental or incidental. being the unabomber is not fun or cool. it's like being treated the worst. fortunately for the unabomber he got his payback. many others are miserable or soft leftist. i hear a saying, which i think relates to the video game violence contained with stalker. although i never played that technical piece of shit.

WE ALL CAN BE VILLANS, JUST MANY OF US CHOOSE NOT TO BECAUSE ITS EASIER. This is a very hard thing to refuse. One reason being that almost anyone can twist it to mean what they want to suit their ideals. Such is the way with much wisdom we can find. But really the wisdom is only about efficiency. If you can live a good live contributing things and have an easier time not doing evil, then clearly your life is best served for good. But you are also part of the problem of why evil is necessary and why the world will be more than stunned come 2015 in new york city.

Turd golems that are least of your issues will come out of giant ufos like paratroopers by the thousands. But that's fantasy right now. LIke all good ideas, not that I need to argue the validity of what i intend to do to change society forever. The focus is CHANGE. With the election of barack obama and my neglect to play Stalker we have seen what we needed to see. WE all want change but are too selfish. I don't see a sophisticated America or a sophisticated world that tolerates our left right politiics. LIke with the japanese who any day now will turn to fundamentalism. We don't like the other guy is not evidence that politiics has evolved since the founding of the country. Today with the imminent collapse of all sanity, my entitlements will be ripped to shreds by the government, and then the people.

When you don't know you are the cause of your own defeat you have to find someone to blame. Was it my fault I didn't return to windows xp? no. I blame stalker. I hate what has come of the modern world. You can't even be dirty. You can't be a jew or a religious asshole or even an asshole. It's all been done and all are rightly so going to extinguish themselves in the fall of humanity. The earth still has many safe places that offer freedom. Like out in the open and outside. Unless of course you are tainted by civilization directly or indirectly thanks ot the highway system invented for poor people and runaways to be run over.

Being abducted by bullshit and denied vagina is a lot like what went on when I could not execute the stalker program. I may not be doing atheism, but that doesn't mean I am doing theism or agnosticism. I know what I want and i won't be getting that. It is only by chance what you need will eventually lead to what i want. And what you need is an artist, a bomber, a magician, and no reason to be good but to be good is good.

I am not sure why I typed all that out. Chances are 1% is at least ontopic given the limits of the english language and how directly controlled we are by other humans in regard to PRODUCTION AND FREEDOM. I know something that can be mass produced and it precedes hysteria you fucking animal failures. But in the end i don't like to be eaten by lions or forced off into space. I am alone and what I can sense is you want to be remotely detonated into the future pop science said isnn't possible.

fuck the world and fuck your mumbo jumbo.

DraQ

Arcane
Oh, that's just Prosper.

Sometimes posts more or less incoherent shit, sometimes makes awful 3D meshes.
We think he has schizophrenia or something, but since he was pain to get rid of DU gave him his own subforum and he calmed down considerably.

amazingfallouttalkinghe.png
Hopw roewur ne

Tbh the initial load times with DX11 aren't that bad, and like Silva mentioned it's only the initial load time from a fresh game start.

It would be cool if it was only the initial load time, but it also happens when moving between maps. I'm suffering this shit with DX11 though, bit of a graphics whore that I am. Couple of tips for DX9 though - if you have Nvidia card you can force AA in Nvidia Inspector in DX9 mode with this compatibility flag - 0x00001041. It's actually a better AA than DX1x version, it comes without those annoying white outlines. Also, even though game pretends to give you a choice of HBAO and HDAO in SSAO settings in DX9, they won't actually work, gotta use "Default" mode.
There are no sunrays in DX9 are there? They're a huge part of my graphicswhore experience.
I think sunrays are supposed to work in DX9 just fine, but honestly, they happen so rarely during game that I have no clue why would you even care. The only thing I'd really miss in DX9 would be wet surface effects, that shit looks great.

Prosper - didn't I tell you to go get your dick sucked already?

Sodafish

Arcane
On reflection, as it has been so long since I played SoC I decided to give it another run through with the complete mod to refresh my memory about the story etc before continuing with CoP. In any case, I'm thinking it might be better to wait for Misery 2.0. I don't really have any desire to play CS.

Playing Complete SoC on Master difficulty to blow the cobwebs off a bit. I'm definitely digging the teleport function as that cuts out all the tedious slogging that the vanilla game enforced.

Just got to Lab X-18 :love:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I think I acquired an anal obsession for russian badass weapons with these games.

Do someone knows where can I buy an "AS Val" here in Brazil ?

as_val1.jpg

Same here, I am far from being a gun nut, but I am using Russian weapons exclusively in games like Jagged Alliance 2 or Battlefield 3 ( :o ). There is just something magical about them the plastic looking kwa rifles dont have. :D

CorpseZeb

Learned
We think he has schizophrenia or something, but since he was pain to get rid of DU gave him his own subforum and he calmed down considerably.

Um, don't think so. So called "schizophrenics" have a very distinct and coherent "pattern" or mental "scheme". They often repeating some phrases or scenes. And that text above just look like a work of very simple algorithm, mixing and randomizing various phrases from various resources, without any coherence.

Ps. After trying some Misery bits and bolts, I must say, CoP now looks and plays more like old, good SoC. Which is a good thing. Very recommended modification, indeed.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Sweet Jesus, mother of mercy, I almost shat my pants today. I was at my brothers PC (I brought my CoP Disc with me) and installed the game+Misery there, just wanted to test if it works etc. It did, and I played a bit ( I haven't completed any of the STALKER games yet, mind you) and went into Cop as a greenhorn not knowing what the fuck was going on. So I checked for some stashes nearby like I learned from SoC and minded my business,when I found some bandits fighting against Loner Stalkers. I didn't want to get involved and tried to sneak past them. Then, I heard some "BOOOM!" voice in my headphones and suddenly the NPC ceased the shooting and ran like hell all scattered in different directions. I first thought this was some sort of AI bug. :lol: Then, I heard alarm sirens, those creepy ones. Something fucked up was going to happen. :o I turned my back when I noticed the ambient lighting changed and saw THIS:

I am not gonna lie, this was the scariest moment I have ever had in a videogame I played so far, hands down, and I've often tried out "creepy" games. It really looks like how I imagine some very catastrophic event going down, the visuals, the deep bassvoices that make my headphones vibrate the nearer the blowout comes etc. The STALKER games already have a very creepy atmosphere in on itself as far as I played yet, so this thing was totally new to me. I did not know what the fuck was going on, where the hell this loud boom came from or why the sky suddenly changes. As soon as I noticed this massive "tornado" in the sky I knew I was going to die because I didn't know what to do and ran after those Stalkers like a headless chicken. :D Needless to say, they all died too. I made the mistake to spoiler myself of what the hell these things are, so now I know of their background. :/ But everytime I will run into these things I will get creped the fuck out. Man, this is amazing.

EDIT: BTW, this

is fucking amazing. Heard it for a couple of times now. I am a big fan of the music in Fallout 2's Modoc town, which has an eery, but soothing ambient track going on. This is the same, just that it is terrifying, sad, melancholic and full of "loneliness". Awesome!

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I btw could facepalm myself so hard right now. Figured out what caused these crashes. Enabling anything other than the standard lighting crashes the game, as per Misery FAQ. Ofcourse, retard that I am, I enabled it and didn't thoroughly read the FAQ before. Now everything runs smooth on my machine. <3

I may do some "Let's Play with a retard" video in the future perhaps, when the girl is over I alway mock her to translate the floating textes and ambient voice overs for me (even though I mostly can understand them thanks to me learning russian in school :P ) So, if you want to see 2 idiots fail at Stalker, I'll upload some soon! As said, I am a complete rookie to the series and just start to really get into it.

Allright, started with this one. Voice over will come with the next video. This is us trying to infiltrate a bandit camp and me sucking horribly at aiming while we laugh our asses off.

Especially the "click click click click wtf??? oO" (gun is dry) noise went so often during Misery... :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom