Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
I also found an M16 on the body of a stalker. Can't recall if it's a specific one like Barin. Some other weapons I know of are:

Sig Sniper - A Freedomer has it at the border to Red Forest. Don't know if you can buy it off him but he seems to enjoy dying so no probs.
G36 - You can buy it off the Freedom leader.
G36 carbine - In previous versions you could get this off the Stalker you kill for Sid. Not sure if it's in 2.1 but probably is.
P99 9x18 - Found in the stash by the Death Truck. This is ridiculously good for the early game.

Yeah, apart from ammo the traders do seem quite useless. The SV-98 is the only thing I've found that's worth buying. Maybe that changes if you 'join' a faction though.

Surf Solar Do you have lots of side quests active? Apparently they can cause problems. I've kept a clean sheat this playthrough and have got to Pripyat without much trouble. Although it sometimes takes a while for everyone to spawn in. But no save corruption at least.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
No it's 5k for the AP, 4k for normal, at least at the ecologist place. At those prices it's best saved for the luvverly SASS.

It's a shame the M110 weights to damn much. I really limits the other weapons and ammo I can carry. Normally I would take a VSS Vintorez from the army warehouses and use it as my primary. But the combined weight of the 7.62 and 9x39 is back breaking.

Thankfully the Ak74U tactical is easy to get and is both, very accurate and lightweight, with ammo being plentiful for most of the game.

One thing that is irking me about AA2 is the blowouts. They are random and not a big deal on the surface. But some areas that you would think would be safe aren't. It's possible to clear the Yantar lab and fall into the escape tunnel, only for a blowout to start. At that point there is nowhere to run or hide.

This has happened to me twice so far. Luckily I was able to speed run the lab thanks to the moral absolutism of the Saiga 12 shotgun.

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
You can get the Sig Sniper from Vampire as well - the guy that wants to trick you into buying a gauss rifle for 800 rubels. He can sometimes be found at the rookie village.

Sodafish

Arcane
The scoped/silenced SA80 you get from the master stalker near the army warehouse is excellent too; way more effective than in vanilla. The only problem is it won't mount the M203 launcher

Echo Mirage

Arcane
It's strange how some guns cannot equip accessories. The AS Val in particular can't equip a scope. Which annoyed the hell out of me after getting a good one from the Monolith attack at the warehouses and running all the way back to my stash for a scope.

Sodafish

Arcane
Is it a unique/customised one? Usually that's why.

I just got Vampire's Sig Tactical - that thing is sweet.

Does anyone else find the weapon stats in AA can be quite misleading? For example: the stats on the G36 carbine (from the bandit/stalker in the Dark Valley barn) would suggest it is as good/better than the unique SA80 I mentioned above, but it sucks in comparison.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Where do you have AA2 weapon list? In archive with mod? Welp, that's some weight, cause I rarely play SP games recently, thanks to Insurgency.

I found some thing about previous AA versions
>mod rebuilt on the newest Zone Reclamation Project
>deleted all "pstor" variables from blowout's script which overloaded engine's buffer (corrupted saves)
>freeplay after completed storyline
>NPC's throwing grenades
>small fixes

2.1 version REQUIRES a new game. It's the final mod's version.
Regards,

Interesing.
I still struggle with playing, cause I wanted to play other games and finish them (not only from Steam library). Welp.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is AA potato compatible?

It was made by potatos so - yes.
Was - cause there'll be no more new versions anymore.

Blowout? Isn't that part of Atmospfear of something that can be configured via menu?
ibt9i4ufCruoLr.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
They are random to the point of annoying. A few times so far they have happened at the most inopportune times. The worst being upon leaving the X-16 Lab. As soon as I dropped down in to the escape tunnel a blowout started. Twice. With no chance of survival.

I had to reload and run the lab again and pray to Rngesus that it wouldn't happen again.

Sodafish

Arcane
There are places designated as shelter on the map. If you can't get to one you're toast.

Silva

Arcane
Cant you just edit blowouts frequency in some game file ?

On another point.. What FOV do you prefer to play ? Im undecided between 75 and 83. The latter has better gun and arms proportions but it gives a "fisheye" effect that bother me.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
If there is really no other way out if you want to survive the blowout, use the teleportation cheat menu pressing " J " in the options menu

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Cant you just edit blowouts frequency in some game file ?

On another point.. What FOV do you prefer to play ? Im undecided between 75 and 83. The latter has better gun and arms proportions but it gives a "fisheye" effect that bother me.

I'm running 75 and its working fairly well.
I did notice that if you get too close to a wall you can see through the world though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom