Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Does anyone remember where the M110 SASS is in Autumn Aurora?

I remember I had it by the time I got to the dark Vally and dealt with the bandits but I have no idea where I could have got it from.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Does anyone remember where the M110 SASS is in Autumn Aurora?

It's in the electro anomaly tunnel in Wild Territory.

Thanks. All I could think of was a stash in the Dark Vally for some reason.

Ammo for it appears to be more plentiful as well now. Both the 100 rads barkeep and the lake Yantar base stock it after the first lab is clear instead of just the Freedom quartermaster at the Army barracks. But the price is a little steep at 5000RU for magazine of 20 rounds.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Wow. Never found that weapon, is it a shotgun or a sniper rifle? Only sniper in AA I have is the Mosin, saw the SVD at trader in freedom base but it was too expensive.

Silva

Arcane
Silva Ah Topol... if you want to do those missions it's best to do them as soon as you get to to Zaton. The science quests aren't vital. I think you need them to get the best ending but it's not a big deal.
Thanks. What I did was to get a spawner tool and get that artifact from the tunnel direct in my pocket. Then the scientists accepted it and the missions progressed normally. In fact, you can tell the scientists Topol and his stalkers are dead, and they open a quest for you to find a replacement team of Stalkers. I invited Mitay (the one you save from hostage earlier) and he accepted.

This game is so cool I find something new even in my 10th playthrough. :smug:

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
Silva Wow, that's a great find. It is amazing that there always seems to be something new. It's probably due to AA2 but yesterday I found a short cut through the Red Forest. Just past the first corner along the road, you can jump over the fence and head straight to the place with the 3 dead scientists. Urgh... in the previous post I meant Yanov, not Zaton.

Surf Solar The M110 is a beast. Definitely worth checking out. The Duty trader also sells another sniper, the SV-98. Had a lot of fun with that. Do you know where the Vintar BC is? That's probably my favourite weapon in the game. Another 'sniper' rifle you might want to check out is the modified TRs-301. Love the sound of it in AA2. Very satisfying.

Sodafish

Arcane
Looks neat. Downloading it now.
Does it have shenanigans like in ZoA? As in, NPC's being able to one shot you in poor visibility, or squads of soldiers spawning in cordon in the early game?

The lethality of the guns/grenades - and the accuracy of the guns - is substantially increased (even the POS starting Makarov is fairly effective). So yes, NPCs can kill you very quickly up close, but they're not omni-aware supermen like they are in Misery, so at range it's much more forgiving. Even so, you have to keep on yer toes at all times.

The wildlife/mutants are also more dangerous, and supplies are much more limited/expensive than in vanilla. Applying medkits/bandages and eating/drinking also takes time and puts your weapon away for the duration.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Silva Wow, that's a great find. It is amazing that there always seems to be something new. It's probably due to AA2 but yesterday I found a short cut through the Red Forest. Just past the first corner along the road, you can jump over the fence and head straight to the place with the 3 dead scientists. Urgh... in the previous post I meant Yanov, not Zaton.

Surf Solar The M110 is a beast. Definitely worth checking out. The Duty trader also sells another sniper, the SV-98. Had a lot of fun with that. Do you know where the Vintar BC is? That's probably my favourite weapon in the game. Another 'sniper' rifle you might want to check out is the modified TRs-301. Love the sound of it in AA2. Very satisfying.

Damn.. I would LOVE a SV98.. But I killed all those Duty fuckers at the bar, every last one of them. Is there any way to access their armory? Its locked.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
The lethality of the guns/grenades - and the accuracy of the guns - is substantially increased (even the POS starting Makarov is fairly effective). So yes, NPCs can kill you very quickly up close, but they're not omni-aware supermen like they are in Misery, so at range it's much more forgiving. Even so, you have to keep on yer toes at all times.

The wildlife/mutants are also more dangerous, and supplies are much more limited/expensive than in vanilla. Applying medkits/bandages and eating/drinking also takes time and puts your weapon away for the duration.

Oh that's ok. As long as I deal the same damage to them, I'm happy with the damage increase.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Did the animation for the Ak74U get changed in AA2?

I could swear that when I first played it there was an animation for the folding stock.
Did the animation for the Ak74U get changed in AA2?

I could swear that when I first played it there was an animation for the folding stock.

Yeah I saw that as well. It doesnt matter though - it looks still awesome :P

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Has anyone found the location of a FN Fal or an M16?

I see them on the weapons list. But no vendors stock anything higher than a Cobra Ak74 and maybe a Groza. On the Nato side of things I haven't seen anything beyond bullets.

Kouvo

Augur
You get the FN Fal through a quest. It's in the very first village, I think it pops up after Wolf leaves it, you have to defend it from mercs then you get it as reward.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yes you also get the M16 from the merc leader there.

My game constantly crashes and stutters randomly now that I progressed through lots of the story. Makes playing a hassle :(

Sodafish

Arcane
lol at getting enough ammo for the FAL though at 4-5k for 20 rounds. I have yet to find any in a stash or anything.

Sodafish

Arcane
No it's 5k for the AP, 4k for normal, at least at the ecologist place. At those prices it's best saved for the luvverly SASS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom