Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

bonescraper

There is an option in the installer for the more saturated look
Nope, just an option with no ENB and another one with shitty treees.

What version of AA have you downloaded? That AN94 doesnt look like the one I have in terms of textures
2.1, obviously. That's not AN94, it's an "easter egg" Strelok's AK. But it's from my earlier playthrough, AA ver. 2.0 i think? There might be some differences. The point here is, i didn't use ENB back then.

Silva

Arcane
Sorry but I can't see the difference in those pics except on weather (clear for the above, foggy for the below ones). Are you sure it isn't a matter of continue playing and waiting for a change of weather ?

bonescraper

:hmmm:

Colors are oversaturated and the game is too bright. It also makes some details far less visible (anomalies, gusts of wind).

And it's not the weather, take a look at the fingers, that skin tone looks way less natural.

Last edited by a moderator:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dont see any difference either Bonescraper so either come up with some "with and without" pics of the same sacreenshot or gtfo
By the way Surf Solar, did you use ENB for the shots you posted? Those look wonderful

bonescraper

Wow, you people need to get your eyes checked...

37E0433B06CF63276CD916FC4DB6A078547FA249

72CC88D68487F6B9588F10470A5C7BF7CED102B4

And if you didn't know this already, the point of this mod is to make the game look more gloomy and doomy, not bright and cheerful.

Silva

Arcane
Sorry, I dont know how to took at off. Though I must say I prefer the brighter gfx better.

EDIT: What I have also done is to delete the new custom music the mod introduces. It sounds cool, but I want vanilla music.
How do you do that ? I tried deleting the music folder but the mod crashes in the beginning. :(

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The reason why we couldnt tell which was which is that we didnt know if those shots were made during different ingame hours, but now with your example it looks much better without the ENB and sans fps hit too

Oh and Silva I never found a way to use AA in Stalker games; not even Super Sampling seems to work

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, wtf the first screens are much better. At least use enb to force some AA or something.

Anyway, in the enb.ini you can change settings that affect saturation, brightness, etc.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Sorry, I dont know how to took at off. Though I must say I prefer the brighter gfx better.

EDIT: What I have also done is to delete the new custom music the mod introduces. It sounds cool, but I want vanilla music.
How do you do that ? I tried deleting the music folder but the mod crashes in the beginning. :(

Remove all files with _amb in name in gamedata/sounds/music

And yes Invictus I am using it with ENB, it looks wonderful. Not sure what bonesctapers problem is. Turn up the brightness?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Really loving Autumn Aurora!

But, when I went into x18 this evening... I was greeted by

658D9309338F445AF141318EA4829444D604A08A

94408-Ice-Cube-HUH-wtf-WHAT-THE-FUCK-4pAG.gif

Fight against the bandits, clearing out the factory was AWESOME though. I have never felt more tense shootouts in any game before now that the game is proper hard. Only thing I still don't get is how to free that stalker in the cellar or where to get the key from. Or is it the same key I get from Borov?

pippin

Grabbed all Stalker games during last GoG sale and I'm loving them. I've only played the first one before, for a few minutes in a friend's house, and it felt terrifying, glad to know this feeling continues all through the game. The fact that I have some sort of phobia about dogs doesn't help at all :(

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Is Autumn Aurora the mod that has the M110 that weights a ton and vanishes if you drop it?

I know misery had Rhodesian civil war FN Fal's and the green dragon. But I can't remember if it had the M110 as well.

Sodafish

Arcane
Is Autumn Aurora the mod that has the M110 that weights a ton and vanishes if you drop it?

I was watching a LP of the AA mod and that happened with a Mosin Nagant. The reason was that when picked up it was loaded with about 1000 rounds of sniper ammo. Once unloaded it weighed the normal amount. Maybe it's the same bug?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
For fucks sake.

untitled15fusr.png

And they put ANOTHER one directly upon decending the first big ladder in x16, the Burer just oneshots you without the player having any Line of Sight onto him. Not what I would call fun. It really taints the otherwise excellent mod.

praetor

Arcane
^most mods have random shit like that for no reason other than modders thinking "it's fun", nevermind that it isn't and it obliterates the atmosphere...

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Cheesed the encounter by running directly in the tunnel where those fucked up toilets are, picked the Zombies of one by one as they came in to get me. Made it through x16 now and it was as fun as last time, still that Burer shit taints the experience a bit.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Modders gonna modders.
And isn't that Crom guy that cocked trigger (easy to go rage) that was working on Lost Alpha?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom