Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

praetor

Arcane
have they removed the bullshit crysis suits and similar stupidity from AA? is there any mod that removes those supremely idiotic "additions" to the mod?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I believe you mistook it for the Complete Mod. Atleast that was the only mod where I saw Crysis suits. And yes it's stupid. All the suits I saw so far ingame look like the vanilla ones except for better textures. Unique NPC have some different clothes but nothing that looks out of place.

EDIT: What I have also done is to delete the new custom music the mod introduces. It sounds cool, but I want vanilla music.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah there was one mod for SoC with completely new single player that add her in the 100 Rads Bar, behind barman. Forgot the name cause there was so many of them.

Crysis suit? I remember one for Narodnaya Solyanka from Item Spawner or CoP for Beard in some mod (SGM?).

Brb installing SoC+AA2...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Oh boy, that forum where they translate mods for stalkers is dangerous for my sanity...

But I found some very promising mod for Clear Sky that make it better (bug fixes etc. and add content but not insane amout that make you mad). New guns that sounds and work better. It's called Hybrid 2.1
Just hope it don't have laser pointing AI that shred my suits in no time like other mods.

Silva

Arcane
Autumn Aurora is easily the best mod for ShoC between the ones I've tried. Complete is popamole shit, Oblivion Lost is too crazy and makes quest-important NPC die constantly, and Lurk is inconsistent and incomplete. I didn't try ZRP as it kept my game ugly as vanilla, neither that Narodja Solyanka which is a Russian untranslatable bug-fest.

Did I forgot some other ?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Vanilla is far from ugly. Still cant believe that the game still looks better than many modern turds.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Silva
yes
What's your opinion about Zone of Alienation, Shocker Mod, Return of Scar, Doom's Mod Merge, Sigerious Mod, AMK and Valley of Whispers?

And yes, Stalker is far from ugly. I like detailed textures, even on blocky models.

EDIT
holy cow, I should change 7zip to other packer, this thing is slug and working strange. Tried to drop one text fire from big Zip file it swim through whole archive....

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Zone of Alienation change huge amount of stuff. Visually stunning, last time only Crysis1 give me similiar impression. You die from 1-2 shots and your enemies too, no cheating accurate AI IIRC. Plus stuff like ammunition system, magazines in your backpack, managing ammunition and putting it on your belt like in Lost Alpha.

Shocker Mod is mostly about guns. Lot of them, detailed, animated(!) and fun to use. Plus some tweaks to game.

Return of Scar is new storyline, didn't tried it yet.

Sigerious Mod for SoC is not that great like for CoP but worth check.

AMK is legendary, included in many mods that required max. 1.0004 version of the game, hell for Steam users.

Valley of Whispers is another storyline in some canyon, two version - VoW alone or combined with other mods, I played propably one combined with Shocker Mod, good combo IIRC.

Doom's Mod Merge v4 Anon Edition is best freeplay mod, you can play as any faction (maybe except zombie and mutants).

EDIT
holy cow ST2+AA2 work so slow. I know my PC is not great but damn.
Need to disable that crappy effect, just as I expected it's used in shitty way. Making blur everything in not logic way. Pfff...

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
AA looks so beautiful...man!
I am currently on replying Misery but I think I will resintall AA after that
Funny about the bridge dilema; I didnt know that the army guys would fire because I had my weapon out so I found the broken Fence and have always used that

Baron Dupek

Arcane
After some tweaks it worked really good. Disabled some fancy stuff that doesn't make it better.
AA2 looks great but can't beat Zone of Alienation.

EDIT
Aaaand the guy who made Hybrid 2.1 for Clear Sky said that there will be no new versions cause his HDD with all junk get dunked.
Pity.
He mention about version for CoP, should check it.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
BTW - I really like how they made the "invisibility" effects of the bloodsuckers much more subtle in AA2. Makes it far more challenging.

Ninjaedit:

Silva

Arcane
Zone of Alienation change huge amount of stuff. Visually stunning, last time only Crysis1 give me similiar impression. You die from 1-2 shots and your enemies too, no cheating accurate AI IIRC. Plus stuff like ammunition system, magazines in your backpack, managing ammunition and putting it on your belt like in Lost Alpha.

Shocker Mod is mostly about guns. Lot of them, detailed, animated(!) and fun to use. Plus some tweaks to game.

Return of Scar is new storyline, didn't tried it yet.

Sigerious Mod for SoC is not that great like for CoP but worth check.

AMK is legendary, included in many mods that required max. 1.0004 version of the game, hell for Steam users.

Valley of Whispers is another storyline in some canyon, two version - VoW alone or combined with other mods, I played propably one combined with Shocker Mod, good combo IIRC.

Doom's Mod Merge v4 Anon Edition is best freeplay mod, you can play as any faction (maybe except zombie and mutants).

EDIT
holy cow ST2+AA2 work so slow. I know my PC is not great but damn.
Need to disable that crappy effect, just as I expected it's used in shitty way. Making blur everything in not logic way. Pfff...
Thanks for the info, Mother! I will try ZoA and AMK first, the go to the rest. I just went on vacation (and just ordered a new Geforce GTX 970 for my rig) so ill have all the time in th world. :dance:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I have always wanted to play ZoA since I saw shacky's LP; that looks fairly vanilla but the changes to equipment and new quests seem to refresh the game

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Aw gawd
Those West Games dudes are at it again, now with Stalker Apocalypse.
They managed to license Unreal 4 and seems they got their shit together...but after the Areal fuckup I find it hard to belive in anything these suckers say; I mean that Putin letter hoax was simply unbelievable
Why cant the Misery guys get the license for U4 too? I read somewhere that they give the license for free and then ask a small percentage of the sales if the game is released

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Aw gawd
Those West Games dudes are at it again, now with Stalker Apocalypse.
They managed to license Unreal 4 and seems they got their shit together...but after the Areal fuckup I find it hard to belive in anything these suckers say; I mean that Putin letter hoax was simply unbelievable
Why cant the Misery guys get the license for U4 too? I read somewhere that they give the license for free and then ask a small percentage of the sales if the game is released

It's a scam and mentioning it in this thread is simply like leaving a cumstain on red silk blanket.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Only time I played AA, I got annoyed at how the weather was constantly overcast/gray, thus making actually seeing the people you're shooting at near impossible. Might give it a re-try.

bonescraper

I'd love to play Autumn Aurora with ENB on, but i can't stand the saturation it adds. Is there a way to make the game look like it should with ENB on?

F278D574B23215CC87A72A89C42D471B3146339E

40CAE3676FEE775226904B29332C9E6ECC804C00

Without ENB.

B41F2118993B26F40AC00BA1878C6342225DD5C6

26B22EDA1985902405EC1CCED16BD95EA33B9FAC

With ENB.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
There is an option in the installer for the more saturated look

What version of AA have you downloaded? That AN94 doesnt look like the one I have in terms of textures

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom