Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Translation for English? Except David D.B. aka nashathedog and maybe few other (all busy right now) it may take some time.
On the contrary - there is entire potato community, they translate some absolutely insane and obscure mods (some/lot of them are garbage though) that never get English release, and these mods are uploaded on some crappy file hosting sites that delete this shit every month.
Madness.

Still playing Doom's Mod Merge - Anon Edition v4, really cool mod. I posted link before.

:greatjob:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!c9tGDLSZ!fB5FBCVhJeAkVjr_OStT4A
Its a merge of LURK (currently abandoned mod, no longer developed), a freeplay mod (you can play any faction from the start), and some other things.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Translation for English? Except David D.B. aka nashathedog and maybe few other (all busy right now) it may take some time.
On the contrary - there is entire potato community, they translate some absolutely insane and obscure mods (some/lot of them are garbage though) that never get English release, and these mods are uploaded on some crappy file hosting sites that delete this shit every month.
Madness.

Still playing Doom's Mod Merge - Anon Edition v4, really cool mod. I posted link before.

:greatjob:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!c9tGDLSZ!fB5FBCVhJeAkVjr_OStT4A
Its a merge of LURK (currently abandoned mod, no longer developed), a freeplay mod (you can play any faction from the start), and some other things.
ZRP adds freeplay after the end (the "best" ending only).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
ZRP adds freeplay after the end (the "best" ending only).

There's not much freeplay mods. I remember DMM for SoC, Faction War for CS and one for CoP that name I forgot.
You won't like it? Play as a Monolith/ecologists/mercenary from the start, instead of wasting ~20h of gameplay?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Ok, so i tried installing OGSE, and now the configurator utility is telling me that it cannot find the "main game config file". What's up with that?

You need to have Admin rights, and was your STALKER install previously modded? If so, reinstall from scratch (this goes for all uber-mods), patch to 1.005 and then install OGSE afresh. OGSE is rock fucking solid, any problems are user error.

Just follow the instructs on my blog, you can't go wrong even if you're an ape. I've never had technical probs with OGSE, and not one CTD ever.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just got a new GTX 760 and literaly the first game I tried it on was CoP with Misery 1.2 and with some tweaks it plays oh so sweet; this is thefirst timetime I can use sunrays and HBAO at full settings and it looks quite nice.
Went straight for the Sunrise armor in the cave and the rifle in the boat and they make the start of the game much easier for taking on the Stalker at the dredge station and the snorks at thecaves and the crash site

Silva

Arcane
Congratulations, Invictus. Are you using DX9 or 10 ? 10 makes it sooooooo sweet.

By the way, Im trying (seriously, for the first time) Misery 2.1.1 and, after the tweak Les Miserables the game is so much better. It diminishes the artificial difficult and make it viable to earn money consistently by mutant butchering and artifact hunting. This means I can play it pacifist way with my recon, avoiding killing people as much as I can. Also, no more people shooting you from the other side of the map or mutants hunting you like you were the last piece of fresh meat in the zone. I definitely recommend it.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I am playing DX 9 since DX 10 seems very unstable and has crashed a few times
Thanks for the Miserables suggestion; I always wanted to take a crack at mod ing the newer Misery but simply never got around adjusting all the things I disliked and sounds like it fits the bill

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Thank you for info Silva I gonna reinstall this mod.
Have you tried The Armed Zone addon for Misery that add ton of guns from other mods?
Can I use both Les Miserables and The Armed Zone?

Silva

Arcane
Armed Zone looks great but I don't know if its compatible with Miserables. I suggest asking on their forums, MotherMachinae .

One very important tweak I recommend for Misery is adjusting the line Objects Update = 1 on the Alife file that's located on the gamedata\config directory. It just made the game run totally smooth for me, while before it crawled like a vermin.

Also, if you're not playing a sniper, consider reducing Alife Switch Distance to no higher than 300, and reduce the pseudogiant eye_range and visibility thresold to 10. The reason for this is that sometimes pseudogiants go on rampages and kill quest important NPCs like Noah, Topol and Strider. With those values, it minimizes the chance for this happening. (by the way, if you really want to be sure that it doesn't happen, it may be safer to reduce eye_range and vis threshold for all the stalkers too by a value of around 30%. I did this and didn't have any problem until now)

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Oh gawd the 3 games are on sale at Gog for $13 truly the best deal south of their usual D&D pack

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Installed CoP again and holy shit, Misery installation, loading times and else is so fucking slow that hurt, like my Pc turned into stone age or something. What is this, Windows98?
The Armed Zone + Les Miserables works so far. I guess basic Misery is troublesome. Maybe some conflits in my PC?

It's like StalkerSoup in term of performance. Yeah propably need to upgrade some part of my PC soon....

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Installed CoP again and holy shit, Misery installation, loading times and else is so fucking slow that hurt, like my Pc turned into stone age or something. What is this, Windows98?
The Armed Zone + Les Miserables works so far. I guess basic Misery is troublesome. Maybe some conflits in my PC?

It's like StalkerSoup in term of performance. Yeah propably need to upgrade some part of my PC soon....
If you're experiencing frequent short freezes it might be due to game trying to load content it can't find (implying badly installed mod). Since STALKERs are written to be strong like combine harvester, an occurence that would send a normally designed game back to desktop with an error message and a log entry just makes them stumble a bit and keep on trucking.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah I edited it to make it bearable.
But changed settings anyway (lowest widescreen+Low everything) and it still looks decent.
But these loading times are hilarious. Literally minutes of loadings. I can't wait when I go into fight and constnt loadings due death.

Silva

Arcane
Heh, stealth seems to work more or less consistently in Misery 2. Just infiltrated the mercs plant in Zaton during nighttime. Special notice to the moment I got the notebook and stayed beside the table on a shadow spot where a guard passed by me on an arm distance away without noticing, Splinter Cell-style.

*edit* ok, messing with some files, I've found out the Recon gets a 30% reduction in detection range from people. Night time ads another 30%. Sadly, none of it seems to apply to mutants.

Is there still not a single non retarded mod out for COP, that just tweaks few things, like making resources harder to get? I fucking hate STALKER modders, always changing way too much.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Is there still not a single non retarded mod out for COP, that just tweaks few things, like making resources harder to get? I fucking hate STALKER modders, always changing way too much.

MSO.

But yeah, those who gush over Misery are the worst.

Silva

Arcane
Misery 1.

*edit*: Never played MSO but it also looks nice. Its from the Misery devs too, Alundaio and Trojanuch.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Guys any of you how to make the crouching position a bit lower? Instead of sneaking it feels like my guy is bending his neck in CoP and I have even getting some problems getting stuck while searching for some hidden stashes

Misery 1.

I tried it, I hated it. Not enough that they had to change nearly everything about gameplay, not all of which I found to be for the better exactly, they also decided to change the soundtrack and the mutant sounds. Why in fuck would anyone think that making snorks sound like chargers from Left 4 Dead 2 is a needed change? Fuck Misery. A simple mod with couple of tweaks that add some challenge but leaves the rest of the game intact would've been nice, but good luck finding that.

Silva

Arcane
Well, try MSO then. But I dont think it changes much in the aspect of scarcity / survival.

About the low crouch, try açtivating toggle crouch im the options menu. Then during the game just press crouch first and ctrl after.

I read about MSO, doesn't sound very interesting. And also seems to change way too much. Plus from the comments it seems that it's a bugfest. I guess I'll just have to keep replaying vanilla game with Atmosfear.

For low crouch press crouch and slow walk button at the same time.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why dont you mod the files yourself Multidirectional? It relatively straightforward changing stuff like prices, AI, items and resistances. I have customized the Misery files to my tastes and it is fun and challenging oh and you can install the mod in a different folder and just errase the new sounds and music to keep the original music
Thabks for the heads up on low crouch guys

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom