Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

DraQ

Arcane
99% of them suffer with pixel hunting and ridicilous difficulty level.

True story. Not even AP ammo deal with militia than single, well placed slug.
That's pretty retarded. Even slugs aren't generally build to pierce armor, although they might work just about ok against light body armor (might not, though).

Overall it should be:

shit tier - pistol ammo, buckshot.
bad tier - heavy pistol ammo, slugs
meh tier - ordinary AR ammo
good tier - AP AR ammo, 9x39
awesome tier - sniper ammo, AP 9x39
god tier - gauss, direct hit with RPG7.

It's pretty much how it works, or seems to in vanilla.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Surf Solar You definitely have to try COP w/ Misery 1.2 after finishing SoC.
...or just try Autumn Aurora for SoC, which feats most Misery changes anyway.

I played this and for some reason enemies were bullet sponges ignoring even headshots but instakilling me or other friendly NPCs while doing the cheeki breeki dance. The visuals were nice, but in the end, I just wanted to have a clearn vanilla gameplay, like I do at the moment.

I tried misery again as well, but with 2.1 and it is unplayable for me how hard/tedious it is. Couldn't find any download link for older versions

Ivan

Arcane
Autumn Aurora is sexy but it has some major problems (shit filter makes identifying enemy npcs a huge annoyance).

Solar, on the previous page a fellow bro provided a link to the download file for 1.2. Definitely play it. It's the best survival sim I've ever played.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Thanks for posting that video Surf Solar :salute: I forgot how much of a blast it was playing though that area. STALKER was such a great game, but drowned in so many flaws (but is STILL a enjoyable game to play). I might have to finally try and play this with the ZRP mod and see how it goes...

DraQ

Arcane
Thanks for posting that video Surf Solar :salute: I forgot how much of a blast it was playing though that area. STALKER was such a great game, but drowned in so many flaws (but is STILL a enjoyable game to play). I might have to finally try and play this with the ZRP mod and see how it goes...
ZRP is basically the same old STALKER minus 75% of those annoying flaws (basically those related to writing and quests remain), plus free play after the 'best' ending.

Damn it, they took off version 1 files from their site! Exactly when I wanted to start a new game as never tried before Assault expert!

Anyone know where I could find those files again ? Actually I have a recon install in place, but for changing classes I need the installers again.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!zEtSxC4J!eRsovn-n098UpRtLDmr5_w!zNcmCJoQ

There is big STALKER mods database, they have Misery 1+patch 1.2.

Since everyone is saying that Misery 1.2 is a great SoC mod, I decided to try it, but unfortunately I can't seem to find it on this link? Has it been removed?

praetor

Arcane
Damn it, they took off version 1 files from their site! Exactly when I wanted to start a new game as never tried before Assault expert!

Anyone know where I could find those files again ? Actually I have a recon install in place, but for changing classes I need the installers again.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!zEtSxC4J!eRsovn-n098UpRtLDmr5_w!zNcmCJoQ

There is big STALKER mods database, they have Misery 1+patch 1.2.

Since everyone is saying that Misery 1.2 is a great SoC mod, I decided to try it, but unfortunately I can't seem to find it on this link? Has it been removed?

it's a CoP mod ;)

Silva

Arcane
Shit. Is there anything so good for SoC?
Autumn Aurora is basically Misery for SoC. Version 2.1 was just released. Its awesome.

About CoP with Misery 1.2, I will echo Ivan's words, its the best survival sim Ive played too, and the definitive Staker experince for me. It not only corrects all CoP flaws but overhauls it in such a way that obviates any previous entry in the series. When I played SoC after it, I had to train my brain to accept it as Staker Light version because my brain kept looking for all the depth - choice & consequence, survival aspect, artifact hunting, gear customization, rich NPCs and quests, factions interplay, etc - that CoP with Misery brought to the table.

A pity Misery 2 is such a crap.

Last edited:

Sodafish

Arcane
Thanks for the vid Surf Solar. What difficulty are you playing on though? You were soaking up those shots like they were nothing. Also, get yerself an SGI 5k or GP37 boyo.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It still amazes me how much i simply love the Stalker series (yes even CS) that even a simple video can make me want to replay it or try a new mod. I think only the Souls series and Stalker manage to do this to me

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What good mods are currently out there for Shadow of Chernobyl? I want to play the game again, and it seems there has been some new releases lately. It goes without saying that i'm looking for something that makes the game more challenging and strategic. Also, no retarded clusterfucks. I hate when modders try to put a shitload of crap into a game regardless of quality. This seems to be the case with shit like Lost Alpha, right? Just because i have already finished the game doesn't mean i have to add tons of shit just for the sake of adding tons of shit. Quality over quantity bitches.

Last edited:

Mutavore

Literate
I've only finished Complete SoC (agree it does trivialize the series now that I've played the sequels), and currently on Autumn Aurora 2. Not sure if being able to do stealth fits your idea of strategic, but you might want to check it out then. Its main feature is a different mood that makes the game a refreshing experience while staying very true to vanilla.

I'm no expert but AMK is supposedly the ultimate SoC hardcore mod, not sure what it adds though.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'm no expert but AMK is supposedly the ultimate SoC hardcore mod, not sure what it adds though.

English AMK suffered from show-stopper bugs. OGSE has long been the most hardcore mod for STALKER: SHoC. The only people I've seen criticize it - other than the DIZ MUD IS 2 HARHD lamers - are those who haven't even played it cuz they're too busy playing Skyrim mods.

About OGSE
OGSE setup

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane

English AMK suffered from show-stopper bugs. OGSE has long been the most hardcore mod for STALKER: SHoC. The only people I've seen criticize it - other than the DIZ MUD IS 2 HARHD lamers - are those who haven't even played it cuz they're too busy playing Skyrim mods.

About OGSE
OGSE setup

has there been any ETA on the new version that's been in development since forever? last i heard the russian version was done but they were waiting for english translators or something?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

About OGSE
OGSE setup

This looks intriguing. Didn't even know there were so many fucking mods for this. What makes this better than Autumn Aurora or the other mods praised in this thread?

Kouvo

Augur
Nah AMK is fantastic, but ZoA is the ultimate hardcore mod for SoC.

ZoA tends to be on the buggy side, had quite a few CTD's, supposedly it depends on your config though. It was still fun to play despite that. :incline:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, so i tried installing OGSE, and now the configurator utility is telling me that it cannot find the "main game config file". What's up with that?

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
Mmmh, looks like a knew version may be coming out soon:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution/news/ogse-0693-announcement

Wonder if i should just wait for this.

skimming through the comments:

We still plan the release in the end of this year. But in Russian only. Translation into English depends on enthusiasts. We created for localizations all the goodies we could :)

I've already told that 0693 has expanded original story with parallel questline and many short and long quests.

Some of the quests naturally contains humor and senses perceived only by the carriers of Russian language.

Nope. This version will be translation friendly, if I may tell it so :) All you need to translate is in separate XML files. But we need experienced translator or else no one understand anything.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So basically no point to wait for the new version.

And i can't play the old version since i can't find any info on this issue. I'm using the GOG version of the game. Maybe i should try Steam instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom