Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
Sounds good n' all but does it still have a shit-colored filter? I remember not being able to differentiate between brown shrubs and enemy npcs.

YES !!

I'm using the ENB shaders, which is an option in the 'installator' and that problem is no more. Though the depth of field effect can be a pain in the ass. While peaking from behind a car, the time it took for the focus to change almost got me killed. Only had that happen once so far. Not a major problem but still a grievance. Apart from that it's beautiful IMO. Trying to stealth the bandit base in Dark Valley at night, during a lightning storm was awesome.

Had one emission so far. Looked good and thankfully didn't last that long. I think they affect spawns/AI. After the emission there was a bloodsucker and a snork at the exit to Garbage. Also, a pseudogiant killed Shaggy after I rescued him.

Cordon ~> Garbage ~> Dark Valley is all I've done but really enjoying it so far. If the 'shit and piss' aesthetic put anyone off AA2 before, then 2.05 with ENB is well worth trying.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lurk/news/the-next-step-for-lurk

Another one bite the dust. This time it's LURK, :negative:
No LURK 2.0, they abandoned him and started making something on Unreal Engine 4 (because new subscription system that should encourage fresh meat new modders to work).
From other news - sketch of upcoming patch 1.304 for Lost Alpha. Considering the fact that it's fully playable since 1.303 and every new patch nuke saves you can safetly continue your playthrough.
Man, that LURK still hurt...I hate Tuesdays.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha official patch v1.3004
-------------------------------------------------
Work in progress version!
Fixes:
- fixed incorrect syntax in task_manager for relation
- fixed cost for Rat pie
- fixed crash when trying to talk to wounded military on Pripyat
- fixed the handling of white niva vehicle and the model itself
- attempted VIP card dialog fix (needs testing)
- fixed unresponsive zombies on Forest
- cleaned out all stashes of unused items
Addons:
- finetuned the dynamic weather on dx9/10 render
- disabled blowouts in Bar until player makes progress in story
- disabled the strange cutscene level on Swamp
W.I.P.:
- incorrect sunshadows on dx10 render with ATI-AMD cards
------------------------------
GSC GAMEWORLD | DEZOWAVE 2014.

DraQ

Arcane
soc08.jpg

Ouch.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Saw last page of HG101 with recomended mods, they recommend ZRP and no Complete Shit present.
Insta :incline:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
So how come nobody talks about Lost Alpha anymore? Was it that bad?
I played the game up to the point of exploring a lab in Dark Valley. The game seems to be too easy(mutants mostly), too easy to get rich, old mutants still looks like shit. The maps become way too big with way too little content for my tastes, side quests are still shit. And on top of that, bugs made me butthurt. On the bright side, the game looks pretty. Wait for patches and mods.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well, what you expect from old Stalker builds combined? Game is easy and every patch (that you always need) nuke all your saves. Game is playable if you want to know.

LURK awful? Well, there is always Zone of Alienation...

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The environments are big, empty, and boring, and a vast majority of missions require you to run from one end of these boring expanses of nothing to the other, usually with the added benefit of forcing you to carry something heavy to weigh you down and take away your ability to sprint.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Was LURK the mod that stuffed the very beginning of X18 full of snorks or zombies or whatever?
I think that was Autumn Aurora or something. Played LURK a bit and only saw vanilla content with massive Bloom

Last edited:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
There is a fuckload of mods that adds cut monsters tough. I remember skacky descripting a similar scenario in AA mod

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

Pseudogiant looks kinda giant. The video ends with a Bang

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah there is fuckton of big mods for STALKER but for some reason links are dead. Like, seriously people worked on big mods and just don't care about providing working download links?

LURK... borked saturation, no bullet sponges, no cheating AI with pinpoint aim. I liked it. Seems like Zone of Alienation is alternative.

Cassidy

Arcane
Well, what you expect from old Stalker builds combined? Game is easy and every patch (that you always need) nuke all your saves. Game is playable if you want to know.

LURK awful? Well, there is always Zone of Alienation...

Unfortunately Zone of Alienation is seriously unstable and suffers from save game corruption and some near inevitable CTDs at early to mid game.

BTW, there is a handy tool included with the latest ZRP which allows for configuration of head bobbing so it can be reduced or removed completely, and it should work with most other mods.

Last edited:

opium fiend

Augur
The readme for Subtitles and Closed Captions mod for SOC says that a version compatible with ZRP will be released "soon". It never was or I can't find it. Need help so I can understand the campsite banter and jokes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom