Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Topol's squad and Noah are now immune to all damage types
About time. Rarely argue with swarms of mutants (only exception - when weapons damage is low for modder's joke) but dumb AI that open door and die from scratches make his misssion impossible in some mods.

And potato translation is done. Cool

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Anybody played Call of Derpyat Redux mod? Funny mod, it seems all the stashes in the game is already looted whenever you receive a reward for a quest. Nice difficulty in the mod, most dangerous mutants are dogies, woof woof, they go down fast, but it's hard to hit and their bite will kill you faster than you can say CHEEKi BREEKI no danke.

MotherMachinae what's the best megamods you have played so far? Why these mods have such crap visility, Lost Alpha don't let me change brighteness and gamma configs

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played Redux as well,

Misery, Redux and Swartz are a few of the mods that I like out of the many that I have tried for COP.

Misery 2 took a year from release to fix/polish.
I will really like it if I can hire companions, so far, mods like Misery 1 that attempt this have problems.

This looks like the time to try Misery 2 if you haven't.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I v damki.

Megamods? For CoP?
I play mostly in various Sigerous Mods editions (can't wait for SGM 3.0 Red October). Played some time in Misery 2.0 but not long enough to make any valid opinion nor sharing butthurt with othe people who played 2.0 and criticized balance. After some time (especilly after getting suit to anomaly wandering and hueg bank account with daily incomes) your character become ever more overpowered than original. Pimping your whole armory was fun. For 3 editions of SGM.
Now I'm too busy with StalkerSoup fro SoC.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Stalkersoup? Isn't that the one that uses the Crysis models for some of the armors? I almost chocked when I saw that
Anybody tried the Misery 2.1.1 patch yet? Is it better than modding my own settings for enemy FOV?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Stalkersoup? Isn't that the one that uses the Crysis models for some of the armors? I almost chocked when I saw that
Anybody tried the Misery 2.1.1 patch yet? Is it better than modding my own settings for enemy FOV?

The only Crysis armour that I remember was for CoP.
fakeEdit - oh wait, I checked some image with items from Narodnaya Solyanka+DMX aka StalkerSoup and you're right, there is some armor from Crysis but didn't meet anyone with it. Not big suprise considering amount of locations (SoC+CS+CoP+cuted out content+fan made one).

Astral Rag

Arcane
The most important part of the game is already fully functional:

fdfsqxjuh1.jpg

dfdsfsdfqsuubq.jpg

sjhfqdh2dqf.jpg

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Fuck
That
Shit
Between this and that Areal scam I am truly sad that there is a true desire for more Stalker and a proper kickstarter by a proper studio would be a success
I didn't play the survarium early access myself but having a 13 year old talking trash to me because he got a $30 dragonov...
So sad

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Three projects, one F2P, second is 99% scam and other is one man job with scarcery informations.
So all hope in Dangerous Rays...

These people are the true soul of STALKER
like those people behind Aerial?

Last edited:

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Three projects, one F2P, second is 99% scam and other is one man job with scarcery informations.
So all hope in Dangerous Rays... Metro sequel

Fixed.

Andrew Prokhorov who came up with the idea of Roadside Picnic: The Game, and the other two guys that did the X-ray engine, now all work at 4A games. These people are the true soul of STALKER. I have faith that the next Metro game would be (at least semi-) open world like the swamp level and the library DLC of Metro LL.

IIRC the Vostok Survarium guys are those that worked on COP. Apparently they have Dmitriy Iassenev who did A-life in Clear Sky but Survarium is PVP-driven with no A-life as confirmed by Vostok.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Lost Alpha just got a patch which fixes some bugs but more importantly is is the start of the Dezowave team doing some actual balancing for the game. It can only be a good thing I guess maybe after a couple more of these big balancing patches the game will be worth a playthrough...I would love a fan made patch to add the original cuscenes instead of these handdrawn replacements

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wonder if you can finally launch the game properly. Because even latest patch didn't help and old methods didn't work.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
What problems are you having MM? Most of the issues I had was were fixed by launching the game as administartor
Btw I am contemplating making a huge contribution to areal and then pulling it the last day...sweet decline

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
So all hope in Dangerous Rays... Metro sequel

Fixed.
If you like paying for patches maybe.

I don't like paying for anything. That's why I get my stuff from the seven seas and steam sale (you could buy Metro LL with all the DLC for $7).

Also ranger mode is just a gimmick. Even unplayable in Metro LL because without HUD you can't select grenade types and you can't even check ammo count for the AK.

Kouvo

Augur
Autumn Aurora 2.05 is supposedly going to be released this weekend. Guess I'll have to cancel my ZoA playthrough for now, really looking forward to it.
:bounce:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There was some SGM variation named SNIPER where your first guns are pistol and...sniper rifle (duh) so first rookie camp assault is piece of cake.
Another SGM mutation was Eton, forgot why but I unninstalled it pretty fast (after 2h?).

New Autumn Aurora? I'll propaby stay with Secret Trials + Autumn Aurora 2 until new LURK will be released.

Damn, I lost interest with Stalker games when summer started for some reason. And the fact that I still play StalkerSoup (which is biggest mod for Stalkers ever) doesn't help.

And srsly, Valley of Whispers + Shocker Mod for Call of Pripat is a nut. Constantly lack of ammo, deadly muties (that respawn everytime you travel between base and village!) and no money yet it's refresh to visit some new locations.

Last edited:

Kouvo

Augur
Planned features for Autumn Aurora 2 (2.05):

- randomly happening blowouts (separate day/nights cycles). Also underground blowouts are possible.
- harder gameplay in the beginning of the game (some better suits or excessive ammo removed from boxes)
- changed rewards for random tasks in the beginning phase of the game
- new animations for a majority of firearms
- new ambient sounds (outdoor and underground). New ambient sounds sections.
- improved UI
- improved environment textures
- dynamic messages sent by stalkers, completely rewritten to match Autumn Aurora 2 feel
- new music on some levels
- reinstated time limit for random tasks to avoid CTDs and broken savegames related to PDA task overload.
- some various fixes

Ivan

Arcane
Sounds good n' all but does it still have a shit-colored filter? I remember not being able to differentiate between brown shrubs and enemy npcs.

On the other hand, Lurk 1.2 looks sex. Will probably drop alongside HL3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom