Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Gerrard

Arcane
I was naysayer about Bar route from SoC, but in LA it's even worse. Madness...
Vehicles? Propably in the Bar, iirc from the dialogs with barman, and on Countryside.
jwjpYX6.jpg
2 things, what's with that ridiculous radioactive sky, and why are the shadows so bad? At first glance I thought there were no shadows at all.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
2 things, what's with that ridiculous radioactive sky, and why are the shadows so bad? At first glance I thought there were no shadows at all.

I have bad news for you.
Bloom/HDR in LA is much, much stronger. Oblivion level.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Yeah you gotta reduce the bloom asap, otherwise your eyes will melt. Also, this was a test map.
I'm at the CNPP right now. :smug:

Pripyat Outskirts
I already wrote about it but I'll go on: it's very good overall. It's Freedom's territory, mainly, they operate in a big plant that has the cement factory from CoP. The earthquakes are caused by an underground lab (X7) that was used to develop some kind of weaponry capable of creating earthquakes and has since gone out of whack. The outskirts have a small church with mines nearby, so be careful.

X7
A complete waste, imho. The map itself is great; long corridors, spooky atmosphere, there's a flooded room with a radio playing Soviet tunes. The problem is there's no AI in it except a hologram that hunts you and two zombies spawning afterwards. Yeah...

Pripyat Underground
By far the best level in LA yet. Very scary overall, very dark. It uses the hospital from Clear Sky but without all the Monolith bullshit. The atmosphere is particularly awesome. The rest of the level is a huge maze of irradiated tunnels full of anomalies with some mutants. The crushing feeling of isolation and claustrophobia is very intense, since you are all alone in this hostile and godforsaken place. That reminded me very much of Thief 1 for some reason. Oh and there's even a new kind of very creepy mutant. After a while you'll stumble upon a huge-ass dome room with a bucket-wheel excavator. That room was a prototype for the Jupiter Underground that appears in CoP, with the bucket-wheel moved to Yanov afterwards. You have to ascend to the very top of the room, and finding your way around is absolutely great. The level rewards exploration overall. Yep, by far the best level yet. :smug:

Pripyat
Not very different from SoC's. It seems to be a tad bigger with some places moved around. The biggest difference here is that the population is very low, with the streets being almost completely deserted. The Military is fighting against the Monolith, and there is an Ecologist outpost in what appears to be a school. You can completely avoid the stadium this time around, and the stadium is now a lush forest.

Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant
My God, this is amazing. You can decide to assist the Military or not. If you don't they will launch an attack on the plant and leave you alone. You can explore the WHOLE place at your leisure, there is no stupid blowout or anything there to prevent you from doing that. You can even get on the rooftops. The place is populated by Monolithians (obviously) and lots of mutants including Chimeras.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Patch release imminent:

Upcoming patch changelog (UNKWOWN SOURCE) :

Changelog for Patch 1.3001

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: LOST ALPHA Patch v1.3001 (2nd of May 2014.) changelog:
The patch is savegame compatible, so You do not have to start new game for this patch, but for maximum experience it's recommended.
If you installed 3rd party / user made fixes and mods for Lost Alpha, it's highly recommended to reinstall the game to have a clean install before you apply the official patch. This is required to avoid conflicts with the 3rd party content. We can not give support for such cases.

- game will work on windows xp op. system, although dx10 cannot be used on xp
- new fsgame.ltx to solve the saving / loading problems for users who installed the game to Program Files
- quicksave / quickload buttons now can be remapped
- fixed serious bug with wrong ui_movies.xml which prevented to play half of the game
- fixed storyline battery task in sarcofag
- fixed flying tree and geometry on Yantar level
- fixed geometry on Garbage level
- fixed the crash on r1 (static lightning) render when player entered 'Great Metal Factory' level
- fixed rat monster crash and effectors bug
- fixed random crash related to pda contacts section
- temporaly disabled legs/shadow in options, if you have it enabled, please type this to console: g_actor_body 0- with removing visible leg feature, the missing footsteps and self shadow works again by default
- "la options" debug menu is disabled on widescreen
- crows are killable
- ak74, ak74u, L85, G36 sounds synchronization fixed
- proper fix for safe crash
- missing "chmieltist" beer sound fixed
- missing p90 model added
- brightness, gamma and contrast sliders fixed
- no available phrase to say, dialog[yantar_sakharov_start_talk] fixed
- no available phrase to say, dialog[agr_ratcatcher_start] fixed
- several (hopefully all) missing descriptions added back
- crash when player ESC from solitare and hex viewer fixed
- restored working class for hex viewer, text viewer, image viewer, console
- same fix for artefact merger
- crash in repair window fixed
- wrong passwords for doors in pda fixed
- loading last save overlap window fixed
- added marker for 'strelok's flash' and 'yantar wires' because many users reported it's too hard to find them
- fixed camera position to climb out of UAZ jeep
- fixed OnMouseAction crash (Tetris in LA PC)
- Veles gives correct download module, so no need to buy it from Barman
- updated mi24 model, should fix "callback kils bone matrix bone: front_gun_tower"
- improved tasks and task completion on agroprom
- fixed luminocity and distance for stalkers to default value, ai works better
- removed the strange reverb when eax is enabled, and added more stable sound dlls
- temporary fix for missing suit upgrade
- fixed incorrect mag size for upgraded pb1
- added vehicle prices to dialogue
- corrected outfits icons and soldier outfit
- new helicopter sound with tuned volumes
- added pda articles for downloads
- missing vehicle icons were added
- several vehicle properties were changed- various small tweaks and fixes
--------------COPYRIGHT 2014. DEZOWAVE GROUP | GSC GAMEWORLD

Ermm

Erudite
I was naysayer about Bar route from SoC, but in LA it's even worse. Madness...
Vehicles? Propably in the Bar, iirc from the dialogs with barman, and on Countryside.
jwjpYX6.jpg

WTF, that screen looks like a modded GTAIV.

Ermm

Erudite
Also, how different is the whole storyline in this game? Obviously, please no spoilers, but did the ending hinted that we could get another alternative sequel/prequel?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Itching to play LA but I am waiting for more patches before trying it :p but it sounds and looks awesome
You gonna do a LP guys?

Ivan

Arcane
Has anyone played both versions of Misery? I thought 1.0 became easy the moment you got your first suit, however I'm having a tough time with 2.1. What's up w/ all the weapons being utter shit? Are you meant to buy 2 new weapons and upgrade those fuckers throughout? Pretty lame design decision. I do love the new stashes though.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
You're supposed to scavenge a lot during the hobo phase, but if you know your way around you can acquire a lot of dosh and good equipment pretty quickly. I made a Black Road Sniper this evening and I already looted half of Zaton (including the Misery stashes that are not on the PDA map).

Ivan

Arcane
I'm rolling w/ a Road Recon and I just bought the Clear Sky suit. Most of the stashes I've found thus far are comprised of repair supplements. Ugh, is it that hard to find repair kits? I think I'm better off buying a new gun and taking care of it throughout. Going to Yanov now.

Noted differences from Misery 1.0: food scarcity is no longer a problem. I wish they had added 2 stash chests in Zaton considering the huge amount of items they've added.

Ivan

Arcane
Is that in Zaton? I haven't been able to do that to an npc; granted, I roll with a silenced pistol and headshot everyone.

Cool Story:
I was hoping to find the FINE tools before purchasing the clear sky suit (some 70k) and I had a hunch they were gonna be in the Iron Forest. So off I went, crossed paths with 2 controllers by the front entrance. Died a bunch. Swung around the back and managed to pick off the fuckers with a shit rifle. Couldn't get too close to the poltergeist lest I wanted a quick death. I had 5 nades with me and tossed 3 or 4 hail marys and imagine my glee when I saw a gory explosion off in the distance. :D Also, managed to knock down three zombies (izoloms?).

:P
273CAB58DA6725D0524E1CDCC32FE77B7A1D4EC8

My inventory for this little excursion
1E55B47924798625D24AE220ED2A11EAC58967DD

Off to Yanov

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes it is in Zaton.
There is an decent AKM lying around in Zaton.
In a bag on top of the gas station
I have a few good guns when I left Zaton. Wounding npcs may cause them to surrender.
As a sniper I use Nimble's imported SVU and wear the military suit. Attachments and artifacts are weak in Misery 2.1 making it better than the CS suit. The CS suit is better an anomalies but in Misery 2.1 you are better off with the dedicated scientist suits.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wait, you mean you need to rob stalkers for good condition gun but single headshot change theirs gun condition to worse?

I'm not a fan of Let's Play stuff but watching some guy playing Misery 2x in some mode called Black Road? and all I remember was fraging stalkers with nades throwed in some strange way.

Ivan

Arcane
Having played a bit more (questing in Yanov) I think I can better articulate what my beef w/ 2.1 is. Weapon degradation (and thus equipment maintenance) has been given considerable more importance this time around, so much so that the majority of stashes contain repair supplements. What really irked me early on was that repair items cannot be used on weapons under 80 or 70% condition, however, 90% of the guns you find in the zone are easily under 40-50% [catch 22]. I'm glad to say that this DOES NOT impair the gameplay (I'm looking at you Far Cry 2) but instead helps create this fantastic tension that I never had in 1.0. Now I understand that the devs meant for you to scrounge for weapons and by doing so you hardly ever feel completely comfortable with your favored loadout. I find myself switching to different guns constantly and that's something I wasn't forced to do in 1.0 I think I prefer the first version over this (fewer resources/easier equipment management), bu I would higly recommend that people play both versions. Curious to see what the end game in pripyat feels like.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Installed Mysery 2.1 to give it a twirl (while Lost Alpha gets properly patched ffs)
It is quite good in fact; the degradation mechanic makes the game feel much more survival horror than having every enemy be a bullet sponge and its great; I just did the Mercenary camp mission with a shotgun and my silenced gun (in the dead of the night without beign able to see 10 feet in front of me and it was really moody and surprisingly fun, thabk god they turned down their "hardcore" ideas from 2.0 now this feels just right and I glad I watched someone's LPs

Ivan

Arcane
How does Lost Alpha compare to Misery in terms of difficulty, particularly resource scarcity?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom