Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. COP Misery 2.1 Pripyat Underpass 1

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. COP Misery 2.1 Pripyat Underpass 2

With 5 stalkers, the biggest threat is friendly fire.

Last edited:

tred

Augur
Completed SoC, completed CoP, watched misery lp's, got hooked, installed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but my pc is too weak :cry:
it's been a long time since a game made me really think about upgrading my hardware...oh well :roll:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Glad I doubled my RAM, it will got work to do.

Also - I've found some nice mod database for STALKER series. They got some stuffs like L.E.G.E.N.D.A.R.Y. or Secret Trials 1 and other stuff that you can't get or from some slow/suspicious source. Whole base is like 25GB? Doubt that I would download all of them...

Last edited:

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So what's next? One of the stalker series mods that is stable preferably.

For CoP there is two mods series - Misery and Sigerous Mod (SGM) with various build.
Right now I play in SGM Geonezis which is SGM 2.0* + some community tweaks. With SGM 2.0 you got only 1 new area (Dark Valley) that's avaliable in free play, SGM 2.2 got 2-3 iirc.
Mind you that SGM is opposite compared to Misery.

I'm already in Pripyat, want to asault laboratory here but One Shot mission is bugged, there is no meeting with Jakal and ecologists near my base... at elast it's side mission.

*IIRC the newest version is 2.2

Or you could go to ShoC and try StalkerSoup (that contain Narodnaya Solyanka) with stable build on moddb and enjoy new 52+ areas.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalkersoup/downloads/stalkersoup

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Installed Misery, looks like ass in DX11 with everything maxed out?

S5RqjvQ.jpg

tred

Augur
for people with low-end computers I suggest "Good Old Stalker: Evolution" for SoC. It's a great mod, performance-focused, pretty balanced (and hard), with a neat configurator that lets you customize your game.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
You could possibly apply the absolute packs afterwards but that'll probably look like ass since the rest will still be rusty.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is there any sort of "Misery Lite", keeping the original's visuals or (preferably) changing the visual style to more SoC-like, less grimderp and Miserable(TM)?

My guess is some prequel called I Work Alone.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/i-work-alone

Less darkly? Welp, I know dozen that make game to darker/grey but none that make game more colourful. Maybe something on 'murican Stalker mod scene, they like colourfull stuff.

DraQ

Arcane
I don't mind rusty, I mind retarded deathworld look. And I don't want to make fucking oblibians out of the game either.

SoC was refreshing because it was based on how the zone, site of nuclear disaster, looks IRL instead of grimderp PA fiction.
CoP fucked it up a bit by making it somewhat sandier and falloutier, but not much.
Making it look like a fucking deathworld (or at best those 2-3 days of dreary weather occurring every second autumn) misses the point.

tred

Augur
I don't mind rusty, I mind retarded deathworld look. And I don't want to make fucking oblibians out of the game either.

SoC was refreshing because it was based on how the zone, site of nuclear disaster, looks IRL instead of grimderp PA fiction.
CoP fucked it up a bit by making it somewhat sandier and falloutier, but not much.
Making it look like a fucking deathworld (or at best those 2-3 days of dreary weather occurring every second autumn) misses the point.

I agree. Also, the people from Misery said that they are working to release a Lite version soon.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

Also - I've found some nice mod database for STALKER series. They got some stuffs like L.E.G.E.N.D.A.R.Y. or Secret Trials 1 and other stuff that you can't get or from some slow/suspicious source. Whole base is like 25GB? Doubt that I would download all of them...
I played Sekrit Trails. It's like a backwards version of SoC in wich you begin the game in Chernobyl Nuclear Plant. I don't recommend it tough, it got all the bad things in old school games such as fedex linear quests, game breaking quests, etc, plus werewolves.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

I played Sekrit Trails. It's like a backwards version of SoC in wich you begin the game in Chernobyl Nuclear Plant. I don't recommend it tough, it got all the bad things in old school games such as fedex linear quests, game breaking quests, etc, plus werewolves.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
That's quite a strange complaint. Especially now that I remember one NPC in the games saying that the zone is basically caught in an eternal autumn together with its weather.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finished SGM Geonezis, choose to stay in the Zone. And got quick quest - eliminating some zombies from the Zone for safety sake. Only 389 remain...
Last 10h of this mod was horrible, since Major appear in Pripyat.

There is such thing like breaking cutscene by NPC/mutants attack, helluva annoying in some missions

Now I propably go for StalkerSoup for SoC.
Or go play something else.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
No, I remember it being uttered by some random stalker back then when I played the game the very first time without mods. I'd love to look it up though. :(

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Does Old Good Stalker Evolution have stealth?

By "stealth" you mean - no cheating enemies with wallhacks and autoaim and ultrafast reaction? Where stabbing one guy ddoesn't alarm everyone?
Then LURK 1.1 and Zone of Alienation,

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't even know what is wallhack.
Refers to modifications to an FPS that allows you to see through opaque walls so as to have a competitive advantage over an opponent. First time I heard of it was during CS 1.4 or so, but they may have been implemented earlier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom