Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

TedNugent

Arcane
I haven't played Pripyat or Clear Sky but I played Shadow of Chernobyl with the STALKER Complete 2009 mod installed and I have very fond memories of the experience. Haunting and beautiful.

1024x640.resizedimage

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

Another WTF-like video. Goddamn machine translation, it's fucking crap. Glad to see that we will have both oldskool and newschool Oblivion Lost.

Hey guys anybody who tries the new versions from GOG there are reports that they managed to correct the V sync issues and somehow fixed the FPS too at least for SoCh
Since I already have my modded version installed I won't be cheking that out for awhile but anybody could verify?
I use an Nvidia card so the V sync was never an issue for me (thanks to the adaptive V sync) but if it is true I might do a clean install for a new Autum Aurora run

Turns out that they fixed the Vsync issue by forcing it to be on constantly in all three games - not the greatest idea. You can request the original renderer files from support if you are having problems.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Nah, I already installed I Work Alone, which is "Misery light".
First impression - pistols are useful.

Also - finished SoC with OGSE 0.6.9.3b and propably will start with LURK mod soon, or maybe Stalkersoup?

Still no news about Oblivion Lost Remake 2.0?

EDIT
played in LURK 1.1, remind me Zone of Alienation except it's uglier and no mess with magazines.
AI work properly i.e. don't use wallhacks and autoaim.

Propably play it that way but after gaining some time lately I consider to spend it on "shrinking" my backlog.

Last edited:

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Stalker COP Misery 2.1
Robbing stalkers.
Injuring people may cause them to surrender. Taking their gun gives you their gun in good condition.

someone else

Arcane
Patron

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. COP Miser 2.1
Sawmill.
Before this I was fighting bloodsuckers and dogs with help from these 3 stalkers.
We eventually cleared out the sawmill, with me as the sole survivor.

Last edited:

someone else

Arcane
Patron

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. COP Misery 2.1 Cheesing The Iron Forest
To get here.
Southeast of the Ironforest is a teleporter.
Teleport into the enclosed area southeast of Ironforest.
Jump onto ledge on the southeast building,
Jump onto chain-link fence.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
COP Misery 2.1 might want to change the human eye range:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/fix-tweak-npc-detection-ranges
I'm at Yanov now, some vids.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. COP Misery 2.1 Volkhov AA Complex
Burers now have some sort of Jedi force push.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. COP Misery 2.1 Protect Stalkers Taking Readings 1
Zombies are of little threat in 2.1, guns that can barely damage me and terrible accuracy.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Strange, I have more will for another Clear Sky playthrough than playing CoP for more than hour...
Visited Boredgunner profile on moddb, found pretty nice mod pack (including Mystery, later evolved into Misery for CoP) and decided to give it a try.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/cs-remix/downloads/stalker-clear-sky-mod-pack-2012

Once again, whole Stalker trilogy appear on my HDD....

Also - I've found some story mod named R.E.B.O.R.N. - Another Way, there is sequel WIP (actually it have same fate as Oblivion Lost Remake 2.0 - mod in russian is ready and translation is WIP).
http://www.moddb.com/mods/reborn-another-way-253-eng

And I must say that semi auto snipers are lifesavers (based on last SoC with OGSE playthrough)

praetor

Arcane
This news will appear on ModDB soon
----------------------------------------------------
Some testers have decided to ruin years of our hard work and have leaked the unfinished Lost Alpha to the public. This leaked version is not finished and not prepared to be released by any means. It contains render bugs that we've been working on since February among the other ones that prevent smooth gameplay.
It is stolen copyrighted material and it is illegal to download it.
Modders are forbidden to use any of its contents until official release.
Links to the leaked files won't be tolerated here nor the discussions about it. Any support for the leaked version won't be given either.

This unfortunate event crosses out any chances to release LA as an official addon to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. LA will be released as any other mod without official support from GSC.

In this situation we've decided to release the official version of Lost Alpha on 26th of April 2014.
On Chernobyl disaster 28th anniversary you will get the most recent version of LA. It won't be completely finished as we wanted it to be but at least stable and finishing the game would be possible.
On this day there will be official presentation of LA in Warsaw during 'Park in The Zone' event.

damn :(

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Early release because anniversary of Chernobyl disaster?
It's something.
Compared to frozen progress of english translation for Oblivion Lost Remake - it's huge step forward.

Anyway - I already finished infamous cave for StalkerSoup, whoever played it then he know, what it's all about.

There is also modpack to Clear Sky (which contain Mystery, prototype for Misery).
Yes, I've decided to play Clear Sky again because it's nice game despite linearity. On the weak side - now enemies have pinpoint accuracy, on the better side - shotguns are deadly, especially for mutants. Might play more soon.

Found some more mods, like SGM Geozone(?) which add more stuff and more character models (actualy, they ripped of them from Metro games).

DraQ

Arcane
One thing that bothered me in Misery was how excessively miserable the new textures were. One of the things I liked in STALKER was that it was based off actual exclusion zone instead of grimderp PA fiction (ok, they departed from it a bit in CoP - for worse), and Misery pretty much broke that with its tryhard attitude.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
This unfortunate event crosses out any chances to release LA as an official addon to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. LA will be released as any other mod without official support from GSC.

In this situation we've decided to release the official version of Lost Alpha on 26th of April 2014.

Sounds good. Although somewhat unfair to the LA modders, I still want to thank the tester who leaked it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom