Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
What's OpenMW, Open Source or Graphics mod. If it's graphics mods, then Stalker have too many to count.

There be a thread somewhere on the 'dex about it but I'm too lazy to find it. Basically it's a modern open source engine for MW.

Snorks were player-submitted design, which is why they don't make sense.

Well I hope that player got paid handsomely because snorks are some of the best enemies in recent times. Although I am starting to get a bit "Oh no! Not another fucking elf!" when it comes to gas-masks.

I find most of the cuts to be justifiable in SoC

Hell yeah. Once upon a time it was interesting to see all the cut stuff but those days are long past.

It is already out, I am downloading the 2.0 mod which requires the 1.006 russian version (but I already got that from the GSC forums) and the standalone 2.0. There are already some fixes out and a non official english translation.
The game doesn't use hi res textures (looks mostly vanilla) but uses a more advanced lighting system.
Will install and check this over the next weekend (by then there should be an offical translation) but looks very promising

Sweet. I'm fine with with low res textures, Stalker was always about the lighting for me anyway.

God damn it.. just when you think you're out.. Any chance of you doing a LP?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hahaha no way Rolk's Drifter; my FPS skiilz are nowhere near yours
Funny how the Stalker games work; all these great mods always entice us for just another run...
I haven't finished yet Autum Aurora 2 either

praetor

Arcane
FFS just release it :x

Saw comment section and only redable comment is "Kurwa! It's looks like heaven".
Well said.

it's released, but only in moonspeak. iirc there's a rough machine translation somewhere (probably on gsc forums, likely on something like reddit/4chan)

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
so there's apparently a new version of Oblivion Lost Remake, and some dudes over at gsc say it's good, but it's still only in moonspeak :(

Oh god that graphics...
Why a 2007 game has more life-like graphics than most 2014 games is beyond me.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
What Silva means is that the former Stalker team is doing a MMO...I personaly think is pure BS and the closest we will get to a proper Stalker game for the foreseable future is the Lost Alpha game.
Some haters where happy that Bethesda didn't get the IP but at least we would have had a true developer behind it.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Some haters where happy that Bethesda didn't get the IP but at least we would have had a true developer behind it.
:lol: so STALKER former devs are scammers or something. Also waah, they are making a game i don't liek.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
You are fanboying the wrong company then. Let the Staker devs try to gain money for once.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
My money they won't for that Survarium thing...I would back it if it was good but is doesn't seem like it plus I don't like MMOs

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I'm cautiously optimistic about Survarium. I wasn't happy to hear that it was going to be an MMO, but I always thought that co-op would have been amazing in the STALKER games. I've also always thought DayZ would have been a lot better if it was a mod built on STALKER.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
It is nice they are getting the Stalker games on GOG, only wish those royalties would help found a new Stalker game instead of simply filling the pockets of the GSC bossman who keeps peddling arround the IP like a 40 year old hooker without realising that the longer he takes the less revelvant will the series be to a new publisher

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
The games are up at GOG and a special 3 day promo of $15 for all 3 games, can't get better than that guys I got em just for the heck of it, the soundtrack and extras are mighty nice plus seems like the russian uses russian speech with the option for english subtitles
I just love GOG and loathe that DRM shitbed Steam plus the money goes to help fund CDP games

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys anybody who tries the new versions from GOG there are reports that they managed to correct the V sync issues and somehow fixed the FPS too at least for SoCh
Since I already have my modded version installed I won't be cheking that out for awhile but anybody could verify?
I use an Nvidia card so the V sync was never an issue for me (thanks to the adaptive V sync) but if it is true I might do a clean install for a new Autum Aurora run

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Playing through Oblivion Lost remake. Wow, it's totally another game. Now I can see that GSC pushed the game towards more action instead of the survival horror style of the old builds. Bloodsuckers doesn't cloack in this mod as far as i know, and they emit a really disturbing scream. I barely see any stalker so far, only 3 or 5 at best. Zombies fit this mod more than vanilla it seems. Blind dogs are also more threatening than vanilla dogs. In vanilla, i almost pity the little fuckers because of those barks. Not anymore i guess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AAziguyVO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT30enC6mEI

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom