Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spoilers thread (AoD & DR)

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've finished AoD many times and just finished DR, but I'm left with some questions.

Let's begin with the Demon of Zamedi. When you leave Maadoran, it's suggested that you'll run into him again. However, the demon in DR doesn't appear to be the same one. So where'd he go, or is he the same guy but I didn't have high enough CHA to find out?

There are four endings in DR, but I only saw 4 (leave by the front door, or leave by the portal). What are the other possibilities? I don't intend to replay DR anytime soon, but I'm assuming that it's CHA related and if you recruit the Demon, robot, or that Yngvral guy you get different endings?

Where did the portal take me? It seems like a time machine, too, rather than just a transportation device. Am I correct in thinking this?

Anyway, great job making DR and I hope you continue to expand this gameworld.

anus_pounder

Arcane
I know of only three endings to DR so far -

1. Charisma check your through the final conversation with the Centurion. Most likely throw him under the bus and get employed by Gaelius.

2. Kill the entire century. Most likely become feared raider.

3. Portal (never actually did this myself)

I'm guessing the 4th 'ending' is if you engage the Centurion in conversation but don't have the CHA to pass the final check.

Trash Player

Scholar
Can someone tell me how to use the stat-boosting machine? I have all 3 jars, but no dice using them.
Did I miss something? I found a energy canister and blew it on the forge, is it the catch, that they are mutually exclusive?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Let's begin with the Demon of Zamedi. When you leave Maadoran, it's suggested that you'll run into him again. However, the demon in DR doesn't appear to be the same one. So where'd he go, or is he the same guy but I didn't have high enough CHA to find out?
Not the same. Both the portrait and the in-game model are a bit different. The game takes place a few years before the AoD events.

There are four endings in DR, but I only saw 4 (leave by the front door, or leave by the portal). What are the other possibilities? I don't intend to replay DR anytime soon, but I'm assuming that it's CHA related and if you recruit the Demon, robot, or that Yngvral guy you get different endings?
- kill 'em all
- use the portal
- talk to the Centurion and either go to Maadoran in chains (low CHA) or as his personal guest (high CHA).

Where did the portal take me? It seems like a time machine, too, rather than just a transportation device. Am I correct in thinking this?
No. 'Present' time. That's what AoD 2 would have been like.

Anyway, great job making DR and I hope you continue to expand this gameworld.
Thanks!

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can someone tell me how to use the stat-boosting machine? I have all 3 jars, but no dice using them.
Did I miss something? I found a energy canister and blew it on the forge, is it the catch, that they are mutually exclusive?

Hmmm, it worked fine for me.

The energy canister is not needed for the healing machine. You just need the green-coloured canister. Maybe some intelligence? My character had 9 INT, but I don't remember an intelligence check.

Trash Player

Scholar

Hmmm, it worked fine for me.

The energy canister is not needed for the healing machine. You just need the green-coloured canister. Maybe some intelligence? My character had 9 INT, but I don't remember an intelligence check.
I am playing a idiot solo psychopath, but others have posted theirs can do it with the same 4 int. Crafting 10/Alchemy 8 for your reference.

Mozg

Arcane
Maybe it doesn't work if you have 10 con? The machine boosts con only.

I did the final series of battles with a 4 cha guy and failing the charisma check with the centurion didn't get a bad ending. I just got kicked back into the fights. The ending after winning was fleeing into the uncivilized lands.

Edit: My review is that it was OK. I probably would have really disliked it as too linear if I hadn't played AoD to know the intended mood and spirit of the world and what I was getting into.

Somehow it seems like the old arena demo made AoD combat mechanics come alive much more readily. In this one, on hard, it was typically so difficult to hit enemies and so easy for enemies to hit you, and given that you're usually grossly outnumbered, that I never bothered with aim:arm, aim:leg, nets, etc. Those debuffs are only hitting one guy/centipede monster out of 4-8 so just do whatever attack gets through their DT the best to cut the group down to size ASAP. The only "debuff" I ever bothered with was knocking down the "boss" type characters so I could get 100% aim:head hits, because none of them seem to wear helmets.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I am playing a idiot solo psychopath, but others have posted theirs can do it with the same 4 int. Crafting 10/Alchemy 8 for your reference.
Unless they've changed it, anyone could use the machine but you couldn't increase anything other than STR, DEX or CON assuming it was lower than 10.

Mozg

Arcane
Ooh, I had a character with 4 int/10 str/10 dex/6 con and didn't get an option for anything but con, having capped str/dex must have hidden those options.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
For Barka fight, its quite easy for solo player :) Got with more than 50% hp left, didnt use bombs and used 1 net.

Most problem you have with ants since you have low attack skill and they have 2 armor so fast attacks are ineffective for some weapons.

hivemind

Where do you find
the healing machine jars?, I know one is in the scorpion crevice but haven't any other ones.

Also does anyone know what are the checks for
the campfire in the middle of nowhere and the lake near the early ant fight?

huckc

Novice
1. Are there any fights in Maadoran if you go that route?
2. What is the int check for the healing machine?
3. What happens to the guy that's being guarded by the guards in blue steel if you leave him be or kill his guards and not him?
4. What is the terrifying thing that prompted the legion to go to the mine and makes a lore master piss himself?
5. Can you actually recruit the stone demon?
6. Why can't you repair or heal the construct, any plans to add this in later? Would be cool if it was crafting based and used metal.

Vault Dweller

Developer
No, none, either nothing (in-game) or he unlocks the portal for you, the ritual (they don't want Balzaar running around), no but yes, it would be cool.

Vault Dweller

Developer
No. It wasn't planned originally but I'm thinking of adding the ritual in one of the updates to allow a character with high INT to figure it out and do it. Take the eye from the Emperor, find a ghost hand, use the machines, etc.

Mozg

Arcane
Lol VD, I actually did mean the video game manipulation of stats console. Althought that also sounds cool, I did check if I could mutilate the emperor's noggin to get the eye out.

Hmm, could the console be disabled on the steam version? Tilde doesn't seem to work. I know these people care about the sanctity of their cheevos

Vault Dweller

Developer
Works fine for me (on Steam). In my experience, when people are having problems with the tilde key, it's almost always keyboard related as different manufacturers like binding it to different keys or key combinations.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
No. It wasn't planned originally but I'm thinking of adding the ritual in one of the updates to allow a character with high INT to figure it out and do it. Take the eye from the Emperor, find a ghost hand, use the machines, etc.
:incline::dance:
On one hand it would be great, on the other only a handful of people will notice it, it won't increase sales and it will take up a lot of time. I would advise against it, for CSG sake.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, of course we should sonsider such things. But a little update here and there maybe...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom