Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Splinter Cell Blacklist: the king of stealth is back ?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I think it's pretty telling that Michael Ironside specifically thinks the new game is shit. What more do you need to know?

Divinity: Original Sin
I believe you could ghost in double agent.

Anyway, anything abouth shadows, black and white and pop-up descriptions like in conviction?

Silva

Arcane
No black and white here, and pop-up descriptions can be disabled in the options menu (except the first ones that appear during missions). Didt understand the shadows thing, though.

And yeah, well remembered, in Double Agent it was possible to ghost. A pity Chaos Theory didnt support that well.

No black and white here, and pop-up descriptions can be disabled in the options menu (except the first ones that appear during missions). Didt understand the shadows thing, though.

And yeah, well remembered, in Double Agent it was possible to ghost. A pity Chaos Theory didnt support that well.

Well, I meant how does the shadow/light visibility works. Is it dark invisible, light visible? Or are there diffferent levels of visibility? or is it like dishonored and light has no influence at all?

Quilty

Magister
Have any of you bros removed this from the inventory? Is the release stable enough? I'm kinds craving some Splinter Cell after the bad taste the latest Hitman left in my mouth.

Silva

Arcane
20Gb should be enough reason for you to BUY it, you faggot. Vira macho porra.

The game is awesome. If someone here likes Chaos Theory, there is no excuses for not buying this. Its nothing like the crap that was Double Agent, and far far far better than any other in the series except CT.

Its like a homage to Miles Davies done by Jamiroquai.

Well, I meant how does the shadow/light visibility works. Is it dark invisible, light visible? Or are there diffferent levels of visibility? or is it like dishonored and light has no influence at all?
Light does have an influence, I just dont know the degree of it. Eg: I stayed in a full shadow at midrange of a guy and he didnt see me (a distance I know he would detect me if it wasnt full shadow), but I didnt risk to do it near from the enemies yet.

Bold statement from a guy who abandoned thief when the first zombie raped his cragscleft.

But where is the logic in this? Is a game hard drive space size a reason to buy a game?

Anyway, i'm playing dishonored DLCs and Tex Murphy adventures right now.

I'll try the not taken from an inventory full demo version and if it's fun, I'll consider paying the absurd amount of 125 reais for a game that I'll probably finish in 3 days. Specially when for 30 reais I bought all tomb raiders ever released, even the new one...

Quilty

Magister
Hmm, I do love Chaos Theory, and if you mean to say that this is at least somewhat similar to that gem, I will definitely give it a go. Even though I'm prepared to taste shit all over again, as MetalCraze said...

Silva

Arcane
I think its a very coherent stance (going prepared to taste shit). After the 2 pieces of crap that were Double Agent and Conviction, I cant blame you.

Darth, Im itching to play Dishonored DLCs too. Whats your take on them ? Some reviews say it surpasses the original.

zwanzig_zwoelf

After watching a video, I kinda think it was the way Obsidian wanted to make Alpha Protocol.
:troll:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
But where is the logic in this? Is a game hard drive space size a reason to buy a game?

Not a reason to buy the game, but I do take a large install size as a positive. It means they likely didn't compress everything down to shit and have higher quality assets for PC.

I think its a very coherent stance (going prepared to taste shit). After the 2 pieces of crap that were Double Agent and Conviction, I cant blame you.

Darth, Im itching to play Dishonored DLCs too. Whats your take on them ? Some reviews say it surpasses the original.

I'm on the very beginning of knife of dunwall, and right now, it still feels like more of the same, only I'm playing with daud. One thing I liked is that they finally showed a fucking whale, but other than that, the visuals and graphics assets are very much the same of the main game. Since it's daud, the story focusses in another direction, more like an investigation. I don't know where this will go.

Looks like you can now summon companions, but since they're assassins, it's a skill I probably will never use.

They now let you adjust the FOV to higher values, but you still have to tweak the AI.ini file so you can have more than 10 uncouncious/dead bodies at once on the level.

My take as of this moment is: if you like the main campaign, you'll like this.

EDIT: I said "I'll like this"... pfff

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
My take as of this moment is: if you like the main campaign, i'll like this.

Yes. The only real changes in the DLC are some larger areas and some tougher guard patrols. And some nice story/lore changes, like the witches. It doesn't really change the gameplay, and no one should have told you it did.

MetalCraze

Arcane

The game is awesome. If someone here likes Chaos Theory, there is no excuses for not buying this. Its nothing like the crap that was Double Agent, and far far far better than any other in the series except CT.

Really? Because from any video and preview it looked like a crappy powerfantasy with Sam Fisher being this super-agent with superpowers just tearing helpless enemy plebs apart with wallhacks and retarded auto-target kill combos.

Looks more like that shitty Dishonored and nothing like original Splinter Cells where you had to use stealth to survive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UjZTH-06i4#t=7m00s

You even get "silent kill" for blowing up shit and nobody on the whole level hears that.

Also retarded cones pointing to which enemies spot you, scripted action sequences.
Yep Conviction 2 alright.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Really? Because from any video and preview it looked like a crappy powerfantasy with Sam Fisher being this super-agent with superpowers just tearing helpless enemy plebs apart with wallhacks and retarded auto-target kill combos.
The shit is hard as fuck even with all your gadgets, and specially if want to go undetected or non-lethal through the missions. I even gave up on Perfectionist (aka MACHO mode) because of it.

EDIT: this guy can ghost the entire 1st mission on Perfectionist. It may look easy to do, but its hard as fuck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmTJtKvmIM&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Let me know if anyone finds a way to turn off lens flare. I might even get through first mission then.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Can't you just switch off all Post Processing effects. My PC can handle it in most games, I usually turn it down all PP effects because it just makes games look ugly.

potatojohn

Arcane
Game is easier than the last Hitman. When in cover Sam has a move that drags a dude into cover and knocks him out. You can literally clear 90% of the encounters so far by staying in one spot and KO-ing dudes as they come to investigate your whistling. Sneaking is super easy too. Usually chest high walls offer a direct route to your goal.

Plot was written by a cretin. It's always a bad sign when you like the enemy more than your side from the intro sequence on.

Performance is okay on my potatoputer, but the game has un-removable black bars on 16:10. Talk about lazy.

Either way I give it 2/10.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom