Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Spiderweb Software Humble Bundle

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Tags: Avadon: The Black Fortress; Avernum; Avernum 2; Avernum 3; Avernum 4; Avernum 5; Avernum 6; Avernum: Escape from the Pit; Blades of Avernum; Geneforge; Geneforge 2; Geneforge 3; Geneforge 4; Geneforge 5; Jeff Vogel; Nethergate: Resurrection; Spiderweb Software

Living legend Jeff Vogel, the face of Spiderweb Software, has decided to do what all the cool people are doing and put his entire library of games in a Humble Bundle sale. Here's a video and an explanation:

Fifteen epic RPGs plus bonus content. The Humble Weekly Sale features a new deal every Thursday. Be sure to jump on this amazing offer before it’s gone! This week, pay what you want for the Geneforge Saga, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy, Avernum: First Trilogy, plus Spiderweb Software game art and hint books. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also receive Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Nethergate: Resurrection!​

Fire it up DRM-free on Windows and Mac. Your purchase will get you these amazing games DRM-free for Windows and Mac. Geneforge Saga, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy, Avernum: Escape from the Pit, and Nethergate: Resurrection are available on Steam and Avadon: The Black Fortress is also available DRM-free for Linux. Full system requirements for the games can be found here. Please note: Avernum: First Trilogy will NOT run on OS X 10.7 Lion or later.​

Pay what you want. Pay anything you want to receive fifteen RPG epics. Pay $1 or more to receive Steam keys for select games. Beat the average and we’ll also throw in Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Nethergate: Resurrection, DRM-free and on Steam!​

Support vital charities. Choose how your purchase is divided: between the developers, the Child’s Play Charity, or the Electronic Frontier Foundation. And, if you like this weekly sale, a tip to Humble Bundle would be greatly appreciated!​

Pretty cool. I believe all of these titles have Steam keys except for the first three games in the original Avernum trilogy and Blades of Avernum. Which reminds me, isn't it kind of weird to compete against your own Steam sale?
    Deuce Traveler and Crooked Bee Brofist this.
  2. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Dawww look at that face.
  3. Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Learned

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico
    Can't say I ever noticed Jeff Vogel was considered a living legend.
    Rivmusique Brofists this.
  4. PlanHex Arbiter

PlanHex
    It wouldn't be tr00 indie without poor financial and marketing decisions
  5. Elwro RPG Codex Staff Patron

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    You also get the hint books!
  6. Hugstari Educated

Hugstari
    Are these worth taking the time to play?
  7. sea Prestigious Gentleman I support InXile

sea
    Yes. His games range from "great" to "good for an indie game" to "well, there's nothing else to play" generally with the older ones being better. The only one that really isn't good is Avadon (shitty boring story/characters and way too much filler combat) but even Avadon is preferable to some much bigger budget RPGs out there.
    Kruno and tiagocc0 Brofist this.
  8. garren Savant

garren
    Finally Nethergate and Geneforge for cheap enough to bother buying.
  9. Konjad Dwarf Patron

Konjad
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Geneforges yes, Avernum and Avadon are shit.
  10. TeknoBM Educated

TeknoBM
    Avadon is just fine
  11. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    avernum 6 is good, despite the stupid tiered story structure. avadon.. is.. a bioware game without digital boobs.
  12. TeknoBM Educated

TeknoBM
    I want to take you seriously but that shiny "I backed Project Eternity" fagtag is blocking my view
  13. Castanova Liturgist

Castanova
    I paid $1, minimum to get the Steam keys. I gave 75 cents to charity and 25 cents to humble bundle. I don't think present day Vogel deserves to be rewarded for what he did 10 years ago.
    xemous Brofists this.
  14. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    :nocountryforshitposters:
  15. nomask7 Magister

nomask7
    Someone explain the Steam keys to me. Why would anyone want them?
  16. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag

Deuce Traveler
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Thanks for posting this, but pakoito beat you to the posting: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...t-games-at-potato-price-this-week-only.84672/
  17. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Did you also notice the absence of your sense of humor?
  18. sea Prestigious Gentleman I support InXile

sea
    So you can get the games on Steam?
  19. Crooked Bee Nyadmin

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    The more games I have, the handier I find it to have them all in one place and easily accessibly from any computer, since I own quite a few of them and synchronizing everything can be a pain.

I hope there comes a day when Steam, or an equivalent, lets me upload any non-Steam games to my personal digital library too -- that'd be heaven.
  20. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
  21. nomask7 Magister

nomask7
    OK.

Sounds too modern for me. I think I'll stick to one machine, and that will be an immobile desktop one. I'll just throw my Steam keys to a garbage can.
  22. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron

You can give them here if you don't want them: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-rpg-codex-giftstravaganza-thread.78755/
  23. nomask7 Magister

nomask7
    I'm not going to gift anything to idiots who can't donate Vogel $5 to get pretty much all of his games. Geneforge 5 alone is easily worth 50 bucks, and probably one of the best CRPGs around.
    Tramboi and codexian reject Brofist this.
  24. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron
  25. Niektory Cipher Patron

Niektory
    Wouldn't a generic cloud storage service be sufficient for this purpose?
    skuphundaku Brofists this.

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)