Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Spiderweb Software Humble Bundle

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Avadon: The Black Fortress; Avernum; Avernum 2; Avernum 3; Avernum 4; Avernum 5; Avernum 6; Avernum: Escape from the Pit; Blades of Avernum; Geneforge; Geneforge 2; Geneforge 3; Geneforge 4; Geneforge 5; Jeff Vogel; Nethergate: Resurrection; Spiderweb Software

Living legend Jeff Vogel, the face of Spiderweb Software, has decided to do what all the cool people are doing and put his entire library of games in a Humble Bundle sale. Here's a video and an explanation:

Fifteen epic RPGs plus bonus content. The Humble Weekly Sale features a new deal every Thursday. Be sure to jump on this amazing offer before it’s gone! This week, pay what you want for the Geneforge Saga, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy, Avernum: First Trilogy, plus Spiderweb Software game art and hint books. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also receive Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Nethergate: Resurrection!​

Fire it up DRM-free on Windows and Mac. Your purchase will get you these amazing games DRM-free for Windows and Mac. Geneforge Saga, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy, Avernum: Escape from the Pit, and Nethergate: Resurrection are available on Steam and Avadon: The Black Fortress is also available DRM-free for Linux. Full system requirements for the games can be found here. Please note: Avernum: First Trilogy will NOT run on OS X 10.7 Lion or later.​

Pay what you want. Pay anything you want to receive fifteen RPG epics. Pay $1 or more to receive Steam keys for select games. Beat the average and we’ll also throw in Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Nethergate: Resurrection, DRM-free and on Steam!​

Support vital charities. Choose how your purchase is divided: between the developers, the Child’s Play Charity, or the Electronic Frontier Foundation. And, if you like this weekly sale, a tip to Humble Bundle would be greatly appreciated!​

Pretty cool. I believe all of these titles have Steam keys except for the first three games in the original Avernum trilogy and Blades of Avernum. Which reminds me, isn't it kind of weird to compete against your own Steam sale?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Are these worth taking the time to play?
Yes. His games range from "great" to "good for an indie game" to "well, there's nothing else to play" generally with the older ones being better. The only one that really isn't good is Avadon (shitty boring story/characters and way too much filler combat) but even Avadon is preferable to some much bigger budget RPGs out there.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
avernum 6 is good, despite the stupid tiered story structure. avadon.. is.. a bioware game without digital boobs.

Castanova

Prophet
I paid $1, minimum to get the Steam keys. I gave 75 cents to charity and 25 cents to humble bundle. I don't think present day Vogel deserves to be rewarded for what he did 10 years ago.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Tags: Avadon: The Black Fortress; Avernum; Avernum 2; Avernum 3; Avernum 4; Avernum 5; Avernum 6; Avernum: Escape from the Pit; Blades of Avernum; Geneforge; Geneforge 2; Geneforge 3; Geneforge 4; Geneforge 5; Jeff Vogel; Nethergate: Resurrection; Spiderweb Software

Living legend Jeff Vogel, the face of Spiderweb Software, has decided to do what all the cool people are doing and put his entire library of games in a Humble Bundle sale. Here's a video and an explanation:

Fifteen epic RPGs plus bonus content. The Humble Weekly Sale features a new deal every Thursday. Be sure to jump on this amazing offer before it’s gone! This week, pay what you want for the Geneforge Saga, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy, Avernum: First Trilogy, plus Spiderweb Software game art and hint books. If you pay more than the average, you’ll also receive Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Nethergate: Resurrection!​

Fire it up DRM-free on Windows and Mac. Your purchase will get you these amazing games DRM-free for Windows and Mac. Geneforge Saga, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy, Avernum: Escape from the Pit, and Nethergate: Resurrection are available on Steam and Avadon: The Black Fortress is also available DRM-free for Linux. Full system requirements for the games can be found here. Please note: Avernum: First Trilogy will NOT run on OS X 10.7 Lion or later.​

Pay what you want. Pay anything you want to receive fifteen RPG epics. Pay $1 or more to receive Steam keys for select games. Beat the average and we’ll also throw in Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Nethergate: Resurrection, DRM-free and on Steam!​

Support vital charities. Choose how your purchase is divided: between the developers, the Child’s Play Charity, or the Electronic Frontier Foundation. And, if you like this weekly sale, a tip to Humble Bundle would be greatly appreciated!​

Pretty cool. I believe all of these titles have Steam keys except for the first three games in the original Avernum trilogy and Blades of Avernum. Which reminds me, isn't it kind of weird to compete against your own Steam sale?

Thanks for posting this, but pakoito beat you to the posting: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...t-games-at-potato-price-this-week-only.84672/

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The more games I have, the handier I find it to have them all in one place and easily accessibly from any computer, since I own quite a few of them and synchronizing everything can be a pain.

I hope there comes a day when Steam, or an equivalent, lets me upload any non-Steam games to my personal digital library too -- that'd be heaven.

nomask7

Arcane
The more games I have, the handier I find it to have them all in one place and easily accessibly from any computer, since I own quite a few of them and synchronizing everything can be a pain.

I hope there comes a day when Steam, or an equivalent, lets me upload any non-Steam games to my personal digital library too -- that'd be heaven.

OK.

Sounds too modern for me. I think I'll stick to one machine, and that will be an immobile desktop one. I'll just throw my Steam keys to a garbage can.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

OK.

Sounds too modern for me. I think I'll stick to one machine, and that will be an immobile desktop one. I'll just throw my Steam keys to a garbage can.

You can give them here if you don't want them: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-rpg-codex-giftstravaganza-thread.78755/

nomask7

Arcane

OK.

You can give them here if you don't want them: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-rpg-codex-giftstravaganza-thread.78755/

I'm not going to gift anything to idiots who can't donate Vogel $5 to get pretty much all of his games. Geneforge 5 alone is easily worth 50 bucks, and probably one of the best CRPGs around.

Niektory

one of some
Patron

Wouldn't a generic cloud storage service be sufficient for this purpose?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Wouldn't a generic cloud storage service be sufficient for this purpose?

Maybe -- for non-Steam games. I would however like my Steam and non-Steam (in a perfect world including emulated) games to be stored in one library where I can run any of them from; I don't think a cloud storage service would support that for Steam games, but I haven't really looked into those for stuff like that so maybe I'm wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom