Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spellforce 2 last expandalone: Demons of the Past

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Going through Steam releases I found this game I'm never going to play.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/245050/

Apparently I got the original from one of the Humble Bundles. Does the codex have any opinion on it? Wasn't this the game that promised to be definitive RTS + Magic The Gathering ripoff?

Misconnected

Savant
Going through Steam releases I found this game I'm never going to play.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/245050/

Apparently I got the original from one of the Humble Bundles. Does the codex have any opinion on it? Wasn't this the game that promised to be definitive RTS + Magic The Gathering ripoff?

Eh, probably not. The series has no MtG-like elements. Maybe you're thinking of Ether Lords? But that's not a RTS...

Anyway, the Spellforce games combine slightly simple old school RTS gameplay with side-questing parties of hero characters. I doubt anyone would argue that any particular component of the games are amazing, but the whole is greater than the component parts. The games are lots of fun (and cheesy as all hell), with plenty of content and a decent challenge.

I'll definitely be getting this at some point.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I was thinking of Ether Lords, thank you. I'll skip Spellforce then.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Playing the game right now. I can honestly say that this is the first Spellforce game that I can enjoy. It is not an amazing game, but it has enough variety, decent voice acting (for the first time in the series) and content. The rpg and the rts elements are a bit shallow, but overall the game is fun.

ad_plant.png

or

:troll:

that is the question

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Played the first game for about three hours. Horribly boring. Re: JC, he's obviously getting comped copies of games now so he feels the need to praise them.

Black_Willow

Arcane
I have to admit I liked both the first and the second part of Spellforce. Best combination of RTS and RPG IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom